What if someone slips and falls on property owned by a close friend or family member?

Usually, the plaintiff does not wish to file a lawsuit against the close friend or family member, thereby ruining the relationship. Instead of suing the property owner, the plaintiff can sue the owner’s insurance company. Homeowners are required to insure their property, and such insurance is intended to financially protect the property owner in case an accident occurs on the premises.

The purpose of insurance is to make regular payments in order to safeguard the owner’s assets. In this way, the plaintiff’s friend or relative will not be responsible for paying for the plaintiff’s medical expenses, lost earnings and pain and suffering. Their homeowner’s insurance will cover these costs.

Other Frequently Asked Questions

Get a Free Consultation

If you have an injury case, you have an attorney at Chalik & Chalik. Never pay a fee unless you win.

Call Us Today at (855) 529-0269
We have experience representing victims in all types of personal injury cases in South Florida

No fee unless your case is successful
We work hard to provide quality representation and personal service to our clients, and will fight for your right to recover the benefits you deserve. Call our offices or fill out our form to schedule your free initial consultation today!

Watch Us On

Chalik & Chalik attorneys are recognized as authorities by national media.

Download Our Free eBook

Car Accident Victims: 7 Mistakes to Avoid!