You can access a car accident police report in Pompano Beach, Florida, in three ways. You can request a copy by mail, purchase a copy online, or go to a law enforcement agency to obtain a report in person. A Pompano Beach personal injury lawyer from our law firm can secure a police car accident report for you.
Accident reports can be critical evidence in a car accident case. These reports provide an objective account of how the collision happened and speak to who is liable for damages.
Ways to Obtain a Car Accident Police Report in Pompano Beach, FL
You must obtain a car accident police report as soon as possible because it is an essential piece of your case. You (or a Pompano Beach car accident lawyer) may obtain your records:
Through the Broward County Sheriff’s Office
The Broward County Sheriff’s Office explains that you can submit a record request through its Public Records Unit. It notes that you should generally request records through its online portal, but you may get further instruction by:
- Visiting a sheriff’s office in person
- Calling the sheriff’s office
- Emailing the sheriff’s office
You can also hire an attorney from our team. We will allow you to rest while we obtain the accident report and perform a wide range of other duties on your behalf.
Through the State Records Database
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) is “the state’s official repository for crash records.” You might be able to obtain a car accident report through this database, and we can do so for you.
If there is another way to obtain a crash report, we will identify and exercise that option. Through one way or another, we will obtain documentation of your accident.
Find a Personal Injury Lawyer,
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Additional Evidence Our Team Will Gather for Your Pompano Car Accident Case
A car accident police report is one of many relevant pieces of case evidence. Other relevant evidence (which your Pompano Beach car accident lawyer will secure) includes:
- Video footage: This valuable evidence can show exactly how a car accident happened. We may source footage from security cameras, traffic cameras, dash cameras, and other recording devices.
- Witness accounts: Witness accounts can also be valuable, especially when a witness has no apparent reason to lie. We will obtain existing witness accounts. If necessary, we will also interview or re-interview eyewitnesses to your accident.
- Expert services: We work with experts in Pompano Beach (and nearby areas) at no additional cost. These experts may testify about liability, reconstruct the accident with digital software, and help us document the accident’s cause.
- Statements from those involved in the accident: The words and actions of liable parties can serve as evidence. For instance, if another motorist apologized to you after the accident or told a police officer they caused the collision, these statements could bolster your case.
Each car accident case produces different types of evidence. Our team will complete a thorough investigation of your collision. We will secure all evidence that could help us obtain the compensation you deserve.
Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer After a Collision in Pompano Beach, FL?
You can decide if you want to hire a car accident attorney in Pompano Beach; many accident victims do. You may want our personal injury lawyer to represent you, especially if:
- Your injuries prevent you from doing much and could prevent you proving your case.
- You value the legal knowledge and experience our firm offers.
- You are unfamiliar with insurance claims (let alone lawsuits) and do not want to learn about these processes.
- You recognize that our firm provides significant resources at no upfront cost.
Our law firm goes the extra mile in terms of client services. You will work directly with our partners, and we provide honest communication about your options and next steps.
What Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Attorney in Pompano Beach?
There is no upfront or out-of-pocket cost to hire a Pompano Beach car accident lawyer from our team. We cover all case-related expenses. Our team only receives a fee if you receive a settlement or judgment.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's personal injury lawyers today
What Services Does a Car Accident Lawyer in Pompano Beach, FL, Conduct?
Our firm will oversee every detail of your insurance claim or lawsuit. Often, a car accident case will begin as an insurance claim and transition into a lawsuit. We will advise you about whether a lawsuit is necessary, and we will handle every step of the process.
Our duties will likely include:
- Gathering evidence of the accident, which will help us identify liable parties
- Obtaining documentation of your accident-related damages
- Valuing the cost of your damages, which will set our settlement target
- Leading all communications, in doing so protecting your rights and preserving your peace
- Negotiating a settlement with liable parties (likely including insurers)
- Completing any necessary trial
You will be able to recover in peace with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers on your case.
Recoverable Damages in a Pompano Beach Car Accident Case
We will evaluate your accident-related damages, which may include:
- Vehicle repair costs (and temporary transportation expenses)
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Mental health treatment costs
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
Our firm will demand fair compensation from liable parties. If liable parties will not offer the compensation you deserve for a personal injury claim, we will proceed to trial.
For a free legal consultation call (855) 529-0269
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation
For a law firm that will put your interests first, hire Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers. Our Pompano Beach car accident lawyer is ready to start your case today, and we may face a statute of limitations deadline for filing your lawsuit against a negligent driver. Do not wait to speak with us.
Call us now for your free, confidential consultation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269