Cash Advance On Your Case
Access To Top Medical Care
Pay Off Your Medical Bills
Recovery Of Lost Wages
Repair Or Replace Your Vehicle
We Come To You
Get Help With Transportation
Call Chalik & Chalik And Get Cash For Your Injury
Find Out Exactly How Much You Could GET PAID For Your Car Accident Case In Fort Lauderdale! It Only Takes 10 Seconds!GET A FREE PAYOUT EVALUATION 100% Privacy Guaranteed! Get Help From Attorneys That Care »
Chalik & Chalik Gets Results For You
- $22.1M Settlement catastrophic brain injury due to a defective product
- $6.5M Settlement catastrophic personal injury case settled in federal court
- $5.0M Settlement car accident involving a defective tire
- $3.0M Settlement defective tire case - Bridgestone + Ford
Suffering a personal injury may leave you wondering who will cover your medical bills and how you will manage daily tasks. Dealing with medical complications from your injury may even make you question if and when you will be able to return to work.
However, you may be able to recover some of your losses from the party that is responsible. A personal injury lawyer in Tampa, Florida, from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers may be able to help.
Recoverable Personal Injury Damages in Your Case
In personal injury cases, it is possible to recover some of the damages you lost. The damages you may be eligible to recover will depend on the facts of your case.
Some expenses that may be recovered include:
- Emergency medical costs
- Future medical needs
- Household renovations to accommodate a new injury
- Childcare costs
- Property damage repairs
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of wages
- Medical insurance deductibles
- Household assistance
- Loss of consortium
Find a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
Near Me (813) 879-3719
We can Assist You with Your Personal Injury Case Both In and Out of Court
Our attorneys can help you navigate Florida’s personal injury laws and manage every aspect of your case. We will handle all communications with other lawyers, insurance companies, and legal staff while you focus on the most important thing: your health.
We will also:
- Offer you a free case review
- Help you understand and protect your settlement value
- Gather compelling evidence to show that another party was liable
- Take your case to court, if a fair settlement can’t be reached
- Help you navigate the whole legal process
We Offer Complementary Consultations to Prospective Clients
Because every personal injury case is different, it is important that we learn the specific details of yours. During the complimentary consultation, we will gather more information about your injuries, the accident that led to them, and your legal options.
The complimentary consultation is also an important process that allows you to get some answers to your questions.
We can Prove Fault and Your Losses by Gathering Strong Evidence
In order to prove fault and damages in a personal injury case, we will need to collect evidence. This often comes in the form of supporting documents.
In your case, we may assist you by collecting these items to establish fault and the extent of your damages:
- Your medical records
- The police report
- Witness statements
- Expert witness reports
- Income documents
Suffering a personal injury can be costly when you factor in medical bills, time off work, and all of the other costs like childcare, household assistance, and transportation. We will assist you in calculating an appropriate amount to cover your personal injury costs.
This will help us prepare for any potential settlement offers. We are also fully prepared to turn down any settlement offer that does not appropriately cover your costs.
Chalik & Chalik Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (813) 879-3719
We Will Not Back Down in the Face of a Complicated Case
It may seem like your injury case is relatively clear; someone hurt you, so they should compensate you for your losses. Unfortunately, there are many reasons why a personal injury case may prove more complicated than that. However, know that we will fight for you no matter the challenge presented by your case.
We will represent your interests and help you navigate situations such as:
- Complicated liability. The person who caused your accident isn’t always the person responsible for paying you. For instance, a trucking company could be liable for a truck accident, or a local municipality could be liable for your slip and fall.
- Claims or lawsuits against major corporations. Some cases, such as medical malpractice claims, may be brought against large entities with substantial legal resources. You don’t have to be alone or intimidated in these kinds of cases.
- Unfair insurance tactics. Sometimes, an insurer will make a low offer or refuse a valid claim altogether. We can help defend you in these situations.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Personal Injury Lawyer today
Proving Negligence in Your Case
By demonstrating that the four elements of personal injury are present, we can establish that another party was at fault for your injuries. From here, we can seek compensation for your costs.
Every personal injury case in Florida must include the following four elements:
- Duty of care. We must demonstrate that the defendant had a legal duty of care for your safety.
- Breach of duty. After establishing there was a legal duty of care, we must also identify that the defendant breached that duty. This may be in the form of intentional harm or negligent activity.
- Causation. We must also provide evidence that the breach of duty caused the personal injury.
- Damages. Actual damages must have occurred as a result of the breach of duty. The actual damages are the costs that we will work to recoup, including medical costs and property damages.
Sometimes you may be partly to blame in your personal injury case. Even if you were partly at fault for your accident, you can still recover compensation according to Florida’s comparative negligence laws. While you can still seek compensation for an accident that you are partially to blame for, your owed compensation amount will be reduced by the percent that you are at fault.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Tampa, call (813) 879-3719
How Florida’s Personal Injury Statute of Limitations could Affect Your Case
The statute of limitations is the set period of time in which you can bring a lawsuit to court. As a general rule, all personal injury lawsuits in the state of Florida must be filed within four years from the date of the accident, per Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a). Some situations, however, can extend the statute of limitations. These situations are rare, though.
In order to prevent exceeding Florida’s personal injury statute of limitations and having your lawsuit dismissed, it is important to gather evidence in your case as soon as possible.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Personal injuries are present in many situations. These are just a few examples of personal injury cases we handle:
Our Results Speak for Themselves
Our team is proud to have been representing injured victims in Florida since 1995. We also take pride in treating our clients like our own family, tirelessly advocating for justice on their behalf.
What’s more, we have obtained millions for our clients, such as:
- $22.1 million for a defective product that led to a brain injury
- $5 million for a car accident caused by a tire defect
- $1 million for a fatal car accident
Call the Attorneys at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today
If someone else caused your injuries and left you with expensive medical bills, the inability to work, and extensive pain and suffering, they should pay for your losses. A personal injury lawyer in Tampa, Florida from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers may be able to help.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (813) 879-3719