By consulting with your healthcare team, you can learn whether there’s a connection between your cancer and a Philips CPAP machine. Your doctor will evaluate your condition and look for:
- Residue of the foam in your lungs or airway
- Damage to your nose, eyes, throat, and respiratory system
- Irritation and inflammation
They may also consult with specialists and use imaging scans to learn more about what caused your condition. If a Philips CPAP machine caused your cancer, you can seek financial recovery for your losses.
Philips’ CPAP Machines Have Been Linked to Cancer
Philips recently issued a recall on more than a dozen of its CPAP and BiPAP machines. These devices were prescribed to those living with sleep apnea.
Before going to sleep, users strap a mouthpiece or nosepiece around their face, which regulates their breathing during the night. However, pieces of the mouthpiece or nosepiece can break off and enter users’ airways, causing life-threatening conditions, such as:
- Kidney cancer
- Lung cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Breast cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Liver cancer
Philips’ CPAP machines have been linked to other conditions not listed here. By talking to your doctor, you can learn more about whether your CPAP machine caused your condition.
Find a Personal Injury Lawyer,
Near Me (855) 529-0269
A Doctor Can Link Your CPAP Machine Use to Your Cancer
Your doctor will do the following to learn whether your Philips CPAP machine caused your cancer:
Consult With Field Experts
Oncologists, biochemists, and other professionals can lend their expertise to diagnose your condition. They can trace the cause of your cancer by using research studies, lab tests, and other supporting information. They may also refer to case studies similar to your own situation.
Conduct Imaging Scans
Your doctor may perform MRIs, CT scans, and ultrasound scans to learn more about your condition. Then, they may compare them to others who have a definite connection between Philips’ CPAP machine and their cancer.
Prove Your Diagnosis Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
When pursuing compensation for your injury-related losses, your doctor will assert your condition’s cause beyond a reasonable doubt. This means gathering and using evidence to support your condition’s cause and its relation to your Philips CPAP machine.
Your doctor’s testimony holds more weight than you think. Using their specialized knowledge, they can support your pursuit of compensation.
You Can Take Legal Action If a Philips CPAP Machine Caused Your Cancer
Right now, hundreds (if not thousands) of people are seeking compensation from Philips. They’re arguing that because Philips released a dangerous product onto the market, they deserve compensation for their healthcare expenses, pain and suffering, and other related losses.
You can take legal action against Philips if:
- You developed a life-threatening condition after using a Philips CPAP machine.
- Your child (or another person in your custody) developed cancer after using a Philips CPAP machine.
- You lost a loved one after they developed complications from a Philips CPAP machine.
Whether you can file a claim or lawsuit on behalf of a loved one largely depends on where you live. For instance, if you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit in Florida, you must be the decedent’s parent, spouse, or child, per Florida Statutes § 768.21. Again, this varies per state.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's personal injury lawyers today
You Can Recover Compensation if a Philips CPAP Machine Harmed You
Through a claim or lawsuit, you can seek compensation for your injury-related losses, such as:
- Your healthcare expenses. Compensation could account for your past, present, and future medical needs. You may require chemotherapy, surgery, and other treatments to address your condition.
- Your lost income. You may have missed time from work to receive treatment. With a lawyer’s help, you can recover lost tips, benefits, bonuses, and other employee benefits.
- Loss of future earning capacity. Being diagnosed with cancer can affect your ability to continue working at your current capacity, affecting your income. A lawyer can account for this hardship in your claim.
- Various non-economic damages. You can pursue more than monetary losses through legal action. You can also seek damages for pain and suffering, scarring, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
For a free legal consultation call (855) 529-0269
Consider Partnering With a Lawyer for Your Philips CPAP Case
Philips is a multi-billion-dollar corporation with teams of lawyers ready to contest claims and lawsuits. It has an arsenal of resources beyond what most people can comprehend.
Right now, you have the opportunity to partner with a lawyer from our firm. We have decades of experience pursuing compensation from corporations, including Ford, Bridgestone, and Princess Cruises.
With our team on your side, you can expect:
- Representation on a contingency-fee basis (meaning we charge nothing up front)
- Support from a family-centered law firm
- Our team to handle everything your case involves
- Prompt communication
- A free case review
- To benefit from our network of resources
- To work directly with our founding partners, Attorneys Debi and Jason Chalik
Begin Your Free Case Review With Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is ready to pursue compensation for your losses today. If you or a loved one suffered harm from a Philips CPAP machine, explore your legal options by dialing (855) 529-0269.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269