The team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is the right law firm to handle your coronavirus (COVID-19) lawsuit because:
- We have a direct, personal connection to those who have been affected by the coronavirus, especially those who were exposed on cruise ships.
- Our law firm filed one of the first lawsuits against Princess Cruises, a company whose negligence resulted in over 100 coronavirus infections, per USA Today.
- We will handle your case with empathy and personal care; you will be able to work directly with the founding partners of Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers.
When choosing a legal team to represent you, it is ideal to find lawyers who are personally invested in seeing justice served. The team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is the right law firm because they are determined to advocate not only for your legal rights and protections, but also to serve as part of your support system during this challenging time.
The Law Concerning Coronavirus Is Still Evolving
Americans are still grappling with the ramifications of the coronavirus. If you have been personally affected by the disease, you may be wondering who is responsible for you or your loved one’s infection, and what legal options are available.
The legal landscape of pursuing damages for a coronavirus diagnosis is largely without precedent. Still, if you believe that you were exposed to an unreasonable risk of harm by a cruise ship or elsewhere, consider how a lawyer could help you.
Find a Personal Injury Lawyer,
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Lawsuits Have Already Been Filed
There are lawsuits currently pending against cruise lines whose negligence resulted in the deaths and infections of its passengers. One of those lawsuits is against Princess Cruises, who has gained notoriety for the events aboard the Grand Princess. Because this company did not take measures to promote passenger safety, thousands of people were exposed to the virus firsthand, resulting in more than 100 infections and at least 2 fatalities.
Some of the alleged actions by implicated cruise lines that could ultimately be deemed as negligence include:
- Not heeding to government warnings, which may have ultimately contributed to the large numbers of passengers falling ill
- Failure to make passengers aware of previous cases of the coronavirus that occurred onboard the ship
- Failure to protect passengers by implementing basic sanitary methods, social distancing, or canceling trips altogether
According to Business Insider, 32 cruise ships internationally led to subsequent coronavirus infections, “leaving passengers infected, dead, or stranded.” Depending on the interpretation of maritime law and other statutes, these outcomes could potentially be accounted for in legal judgments or settlements.
If you believe that you or a loved one were exposed to the coronavirus due to the negligence of a cruise line, you may be entitled to compensation for your illness-related losses.
A Law Firm Can Be a Steadying Force in Uncertain Times
There are several advantages that Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can provide you with during this time.
Such benefits may include:
- Tangible legal services, such as assessing your situation, drafting documentation of your case, and filing those documents in the appropriate legal courts
- Peace of mind that you are pursuing compensation for any harm that befell you or a loved one due to another party’s negligence
- Legal advice about how you should proceed with respect to the health and litigious aspects of fighting the coronavirus
The team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers has personal ties to the coronavirus outbreak. Recently, two of our close loved ones traveled aboard a cruise ship where thousands of people were exposed to the disease. We understand the gravity of the coronavirus, and how traumatic the experience of being on a quarantined cruise ship must have been for you.
This proximity to the coronavirus outbreak and first-hand knowledge of cruise lines’ failures make Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers the right law firm to handle your coronavirus lawsuit.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's personal injury lawyers today
Call Our Team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today
You may have boarded a cruise ship where the overseeing company did not have your best interests at heart. Now, it is time to work with a legal team that does. Our client-centered firm is determined to hold the cruise lines accountable for their actions and get the financial recovery you need to move on from this traumatic event.
If you or a loved one boarded a cruise ship and were later diagnosed with the coronavirus, you have the right to pursue litigation for your damages. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help.
To get started with a free case review, call us today at (855) 529-0269.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269