A truck override accident is when a truck totally or partially rides over another vehicle. This may happen because a truck cannot stop in time, and a truck is tall enough to carry its momentum on top of the vehicle in front.
Truck override accidents are often the truck driver’s fault. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in this kind of accident, you should receive financial compensation for your medical care, rehabilitative therapy, and other damages. A Fort Lauderdale truck accident lawyer from our firm will work to ensure you receive the compensation award you deserve.
Truck Override Accidents Are Life-Threatening Events
Any truck accident can endanger the accident victim’s life. When a truck’s body ends up on top of your vehicle, you may face a heightened risk of severe injuries because:
- As the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) explains, trucks can weigh as much as 30 times more than other vehicles, and this weight can cause serious crushing injuries.
- You may suffer injuries from the truck hitting your vehicle and the truck rolling on top of you.
You may even have lost a loved one because a truck rode atop their vehicle, causing fatal injuries. If you have yet to receive comprehensive medical treatment for accident-related injuries, we encourage you to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Find a Personal Injury Lawyer,
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Why Truck Override Accidents Happen
As attorneys, we are always looking for the cause of an accident. When we handle truck override cases, we often find the cause of the accidents to be:
Truck Driver Negligence
Our Florida personal injury lawyers often find that truck drivers cause accidents by:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Engaging in distracting behaviors while driving
- Exhibiting behaviors consistent with road rage
- Driving while fatigued
- Failing to secure cargo (which may shift and contribute to an accident)
- Failing to obey traffic signals
- Changing lanes or turning into traffic when it is unsafe to do so
When a truck driver causes an override accident, they and their employer could face financial liability for your damages.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's personal injury lawyers today
Trucking Company Negligence
Trucking companies manage large fleets of drivers and vehicles and must exercise the utmost caution in all areas of their operations. A trucking company may directly or indirectly contribute to an override accident by:
- Hiring unqualified drivers
- Failing to service or replace trucks
- Failing to monitor, drug test, or discipline drivers as necessary
- Failing to outfit trucks with all available crash-prevention technology
If a trucking company’s failure contributed to your accident, the company is likely financially responsible for your damages.
For a free legal consultation call (855) 529-0269
If defects in a truck or other vehicle contribute to an accident, the vehicle manufacturer may be liable for victims’ damages.
Brake failure or a defective brake system, for instance, could prevent a truck driver from stopping. This may cause the truck to hit, then ride upon, the passenger vehicle in front.
Dangerous Driving Conditions
Some dangerous driving conditions are unavoidable, such as rain and fog. It is the driver’s responsibility to adapt to these weather conditions to avoid causing an accident.
Other dangerous driving conditions are preventable. These hazards may include:
- Cracked or uneven pavement
- Out-of-commission traffic signals
- Downed or absent signage (such as a fallen stop sign)
- Dangerous work zones
- Barriers that are too close to the road
- Road debris
These hazards may cause a chain reaction of events that leads to an override collision involving an 18-wheeler or a tractor-trailer. A municipality may be financially liable when such dangerous driving conditions contribute to a crash.
What to Do After a Truck Override Accident
Your two priorities after a truck override accident may include:
- Seeking medical attention for any accident-related injuries you may have suffered after the initial impact.
- Hiring a Florida truck accident attorney from our team.
Medical professionals will ensure you are safe from further harm, while our firm will begin fighting for the compensation you deserve.
How a Florida Truck Accident Lawyer from Our Team Will Fight for You
Truck accident victims are often unable to shoulder their cases. Your recovery is likely time-consuming, and you may have a limited capacity for stress. Our team will take your entire insurance claim or lawsuit off your hands, helping you by:
- Securing evidence and establishing liability: We will determine and document why the override truck accident happened, obtaining relevant evidence for your case.
- Documenting your damages: Our team will gather medical bills and records, proof of lost income, and any other documentation of your damages.
- Negotiating a settlement or going to trial: Our underride truck accident attorneys will strive to obtain the settlement you deserve but will take your case to trial if necessary.
Our legal team will guide and protect you throughout your case.
Recoverable Damages in Your Truck Override Crash Case
Truck accidents often cause significant harm, including:
- Pain and suffering, including physical, psychological, and emotional injuries
- Lost income, diminished earning power, and other professional damages
- Medical bills, which may arise from emergency treatment, hospital services, medical imaging, rehabilitation, and any other treatment you need
- Mental health treatment, which may be necessary to relieve your pain and suffering
- Property expenses, which may include the cost of replacing a vehicle totaled when a truck drove on top of it
Our Florida wrongful death lawyers also represent those who lose loved ones because of truck accidents. In these cases, we often seek compensation for:
- Survivors’ pain and suffering
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Funeral costs
- Burial or cremation costs
- Loss of the decedent’s comfort, companionship, guidance, and other non-economic value
- Loss of the decedent’s contributions to their household
- Lost financial support (including loss of the decedent’s income)
Our firm will measure the entire cost of your accident and demand a fair financial recovery from the liable parties.
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation
Work directly with partners Jason and Debi Chalik when you hire our law firm. You are family when you work with us, and we will work tirelessly to secure the entire financial recovery you deserve.
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269