Although not many truck accident statistics specific to Fort Lauderdale are available, we know truck accidents are often immensely dangerous. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) data shows that for one specific year, large trucks and buses accounted for 13.2% of fatal accidents in the United States.
Trucks are a staple of Fort Lauderdale, as they bring items into and out of the city. When truck drivers, their employers, vehicle manufacturers, and representatives of the city of Fort Lauderdale fail to exercise their duty of care, they cause accidents. If you are the victim of such an accident, hire a Fort Lauderdale truck accident lawyer from our team to fight for justice.
Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics for Broward County
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), statistics about traffic accidents from Broward County in 2022 include:
- 40,837 total traffic accidents
- 23,749 injuries resulting from accidents
- 15,979 accidents resulting in injuries
- 12,537 hit and run accidents
- 278 deaths resulting from accidents
- 262 fatal accidents
This data includes truck accidents in Fort Lauderdale, as more specific stats about truck accidents in the city are not readily available. However, these data indicate that thousands of accidents happen in Fort Lauderdale each year, and many of them cause injuries, death, or both.
Find a Personal Injury Lawyer,
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Statistics About Truck Accidents
Even without relying on Fort Lauderdale-specific truck accident statistics, the numbers prove how dangerous every truck accident is. Relevant statistics include the following:
- Florida had the third-most deaths from large truck accidents in 2021, with 373, according to the National Safety Council (NSC).
- Per the NSC, only Texas and California had more deaths from truck accidents (with 806 and 437, respectively).
- In 2020, 4,842 large trucks were involved in fatal accidents, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Trucks weigh as much as 30 times more than smaller passenger vehicles, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), and this weight discrepancy explains why truck accidents are so dangerous.
Although these statistics are telling, the details of your truck accident are even more important. These details will be relevant as we fight for the compensation you deserve.
Why Truck Accidents Happen
As we lead your case, we will diagnose the cause of your accident and identify those responsible. Potential causes we will consider are:
- Truck driver negligence: A truck driver may cause an accident because they are speeding, tailgating, changing lanes dangerously, disobeying traffic signals, driving while distracted, driving while intoxicated, or engaging in another dangerous behavior.
- Negligence by the trucking company: Trucking companies increase the risk of an accident when they fail to monitor and discipline negligent drivers, hire unfit drivers, use unsafe equipment (including vehicles), or engage in any other form of negligence.
- Vehicle defects: If a truck seller or manufacturer produces or sells a defective vehicle, they could be responsible for any resulting accident.
- Dangerous road conditions: The City of Fort Lauderdale may be responsible for dangerous road conditions, including potholes, cracked or uneven surfaces, defective traffic signals, unsafe work zones, or other hazards that should not be there.
If another factor contributed to your accident, we will identify it.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's personal injury lawyers today
What to Do After a Truck Accident in Fort Lauderdale
If you are the victim of a truck accident or lost a loved one in a truck accident, your next moves are critical. If you have not already, you should:
For a free legal consultation call (855) 529-0269
Seek Medical Diagnosis and Treatment
You must ensure your safety and document the harm your truck accident has caused. You should seek medical attention and ensure that:
- You receive a clear diagnosis for all injuries and symptoms.
- You request any medical imaging that would show your injuries.
- The doctor provides a clear treatment plan.
- You keep all bills and records from accident-related treatment.
Our legal team can help you document your injuries and find the treatment to address them.
Retain a Truck Accident Lawyer to Fight for Your Financial Recovery
While it is your choice whether to hire an attorney, know that a truck accident lawyer from our team will:
- Guide you through every step of the post-accident reality
- Protect you from insurers and any other party that could violate your rights
- Handle every step of your insurance claim
- File and complete a lawsuit if necessary
- Be available at every step of your case to answer your questions and provide advice
Our firm will also cover the upfront cost of your case. With our contingency fee structure, we will only receive compensation if you receive compensation. This arrangement shields you from financial risk and incentivizes our firm to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Recoverable Damages for a Fort Lauderdale Truck Accident
We will lead every step of your claim or lawsuit. From gathering evidence to seeking a settlement to cover your damages, everything we do will be to secure the compensation you deserve.
We will base our settlement demands on the cost of:
- Your accident-related medical care: From emergency care to hospital stays and rehabilitation, we will calculate the cost of all accident-related medical expenses.
- Your pain and suffering: Your attorney will calculate the cost of physical pain, emotional distress, psychological problems, and other pain and suffering.
- Work-related damages: We will account for lost income, diminished earning power, and any other professional losses from your truck accident in Fort Lauderdale.
- Property expenses: Our settlement demands will include the cost of vehicle repairs, temporary transportation, and other property expenses.
A Fort Lauderdale wrongful death attorney from our personal injury law firm will seek justice if you have lost a loved one. We offer the compassionate representation necessary for fatal truck accident cases.
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation
Our firm must start your case as soon as possible, as we must gather evidence and file it before the statute of limitations deadline expires. Our team is available 24 hours, seven days a week, so don’t wait to contact us.
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269