A rear-end collision may occur at low speeds, yet you could still suffer many injuries after such accidents. Common injuries following rear-end collisions can be minor (like scrapes and bruises) or major (like broken bones and spinal cord injury). You may also have to worry about whiplash and other injuries that could leave behind lasting health problems.
If you were in a rear-end collision and experienced some of these injuries, you could pursue compensation. You could hold the driver who caused this collision responsible for their actions or negligence.
Common Injuries from Rear-End Accidents
Like any other car accident, getting rear-ended can result in multiple injuries, including serious ones. Whiplash is a common injury resulting from a rear-end collision, according to Mayo Clinic.
Other injuries following rear-end collisions may include:
- Bruises and lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries, like concussions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Facial injuries and disfigurement
Whiplash is one of the most common and potentially serious injuries suffered in rear-end collisions. The quick back-and-forth movement of your head after your car is hit from behind can cause a lot of damage and pain, including lasting medical issues.
This is one injury in particular that you need to look out for after a rear-end collision, even if you do not see signs of medical problems right away. According to Mayo Clinic, symptoms of whiplash can be varied and include:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Lost range of motion in the neck
- Shoulder pain
- Numbness in the arms
- A feeling of dizziness
- Trouble sleeping
Whiplash usually gets better with treatment and time, but some people experience continued pain and complications.
Your compensation can cover more than medical bills. Fair compensation should be calculated with the following expenses (and factors) in mind:
- Medical costs: Obviously, medical bills are likely your first concern. If you still have costs to worry about after your own insurance policy’s PIP (or personal injury protection) coverage kicks in, your compensation could help you cover them. Your future care costs could also be considered if your injuries will leave lasting damage.
- Loss of income and earning potential: You may be out of work while you recover from your injuries and you could have continued health problems that could affect your ability to earn a living. Your compensation could be calculated with this in mind.
- Pain and suffering: This includes any other pain and suffering experienced by you and your loved ones, which can be addressed through the compensation offered.
When to Hire a Lawyer from Our Team
While hiring a lawyer is not mandatory, we can assist you in many ways with a personal injury case. If you hire us after your motor vehicle accident, we will help by:
Filing Your Case
We will file your case and get the legal process started. Per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you have a limited amount of time to begin pursuing a personal injury case. You can focus on recovering and getting your life back to normal while we get the ball rolling.
Speaking to Medical Experts About Your Injuries
We will learn more about your injuries and how they could affect your life going forward. If there is permanent damage that could reduce your quality of life or prevent you from completing tasks that you were once capable of doing, that will be considered when we help you figure out what kind of compensation would be fair.
Gathering Evidence and Naming Liable Parties
We will gather the evidence needed to show that someone else was to blame for the accident and the injuries you suffered. If the driver who hit you was negligent, we can collect evidence of their recklessness or carelessness.
- The driver behind you could have been distracted by their smartphone.
- They may have been drowsy and fallen asleep behind the wheel, preventing them from hitting their brakes in time.
- They may have been tailgating you due to road rage.
Police reports, surveillance footage, eyewitness reports, and anything else that can show who was at fault can help you make your case.
Taking Care of All Communications
The aftermath of an accident is stressful enough. Let us handle communications with the insurers, other drivers, and any other involved parties. You will get updates on your case and can focus on your recovery.
Taking your case to court if necessary
If a settlement cannot be reached, we will make your case in court.
Contact Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers for Your Free Consultation
If you suffered injuries in a rear-end collision, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers may be able to help. Call our office at (855) 529-0269 and speak to a staff member today. The consultation is free and there is no obligation. If you hire us, you can expect to work directly with our firm’s partners.
For a free legal consultation, call (855) 529-0269