Cash Advance On Your Case
Access To Top Medical Care
Pay Off Your Medical Bills
Recovery Of Lost Wages
Repair Or Replace Your Vehicle
We Come To You
Get Help With Transportation
Call Chalik & Chalik And Get Cash For Your Injury
Find Out Exactly How Much You Could GET PAID For Your Car Accident Case In Fort Lauderdale! It Only Takes 10 Seconds!GET A FREE PAYOUT EVALUATION 100% Privacy Guaranteed! Get Help From Attorneys That Care »
Chalik & Chalik Gets Results For You
- $22.1M Settlement catastrophic brain injury due to a defective product
- $6.5M Settlement catastrophic personal injury case settled in federal court
- $5.0M Settlement car accident involving a defective tire
- $3.0M Settlement defective tire case - Bridgestone + Ford
Office InformationAddress Chalik & Chalik
28 W Flagler St #1000
Miami, FL 33130
Price Range: $
Open 24 Hours
QRF4+H8 Miami, Florida Phone (305) 944-2035
Whether a truck rear-ends your car at an intersection, you slip on a wet floor at a grocery store, or you get attacked by a dog, injuries happen and can be expensive. However, you may be able to receive compensation from the person who caused your injuries.
Did you suffer an injury in an accident? Find out if you can receive compensation for your injuries. Call a personal injury lawyer in Miami, FL, at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.
Types of Compensation You Can Recover in a Personal Injury Case in Miami
You can recover compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses, including future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
For those Who Lost a Loved One in an Accident
If your spouse, child, or other relative dies in an accident someone else caused, you can file a wrongful death action with a personal injury attorney in Miami.
Through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit, you can seek compensation for your loved one’s funeral and burial costs, as well as their final medical expenses. You can also obtain compensation for your loss of companionship.
You don’t have to deal with the legal details while you are grieving. We can handle everything for you.
Find a Miami Personal Injury Lawyer
Near Me (305) 944-2035
A lawyer on Our Team Can Help You Determine Your Case’s Value and Fight For It
We understand that you could be facing major medical expenses and devastating changes to your life after someone else causes your injury. You don’t have to be alone in seeking compensation, however.
If you choose to work with our team, we can:
- Determine the value of your case: If an insurer contacts you soon after the accident and makes a settlement offer, how do you know what your case is worth? We can tell you what damages you qualify to seek so that you pursue the full, fair amount you deserve.
- Gather compelling evidence to prove liability and your losses: Proving that the other party was liable for your accident can be challenging. However, we will gather evidence from a variety of sources to prove your case.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for you: We will handle the back-and-forth process of negotiations, dealing with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- Take your case to court, if necessary: If we cannot reach a fair settlement, we will advise you on your legal options and prepare your case for trial, if needed.
Chalik & Chalik Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (305) 944-2035
Why Choose Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers?
At our firm, we want our clients to feel like family. Since 1995, we have been fighting for the rights of injury victims. With Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, you can expect:
- To work directly with the firm’s founding partners on your case
- 24/7 availability to take your call for a free case review
- A team that has won millions for our past clients
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Personal Injury Lawyer today
How do You know if You Have a Valid Personal Injury Case?
In short, you may have a case if someone else caused your injury or illness. Whether you were hurt because a negligent property owner left water on a hotel floor or a neighbor’s dog attacked you, you may have a case if someone’s negligence led directly to your losses.
It can be hard to evaluate the merits of your case on your own. We can do that for you during a free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Miami, call (305) 944-2035
Types of Injury Accidents for which You can Seek Compensation
You can be driving down the road, jogging on a beach, or walking in a store when someone’s negligence changes your life dramatically.
We can help you or someone you love with the following injury accidents:
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Birth injuries
- Construction accidents
- Vehicle accidents, including truck, motorcycle, taxicab, and hit-and-run accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Wrongful death
You can contact our Miami lawyers for more information on any of these cases.
You Have Limited Time to Take Legal Action
Keep in mind that you have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit for an injury case in Florida. Per Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a), you have only four years to do so. We recommend getting started on your case as soon as possible to keep your legal options open.
If you suffered injuries in an accident, call a personal injury attorney at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers. Our attorneys will work with the insurance company for a settlement. We will keep you informed of all negotiations. If our attorneys cannot reach a just settlement, we will take the matter to court and let the jury decide the case.
The Type of Personal Injury Case You have can Determine the Damages You Can Claim
Personal injury cases can be complicated, and the factors that affect your ability to seek compensation will vary based on the type of accident you were involved in. We can help you understand the factors that may affect your case and will help you seek every dollar available.
Consider the following personal injury accident types:
Auto Accident Claims
Florida law requires each driver to carry personal injury protection (PIP) automobile insurance coverage of at least $10,000 per person per accident. For your injuries in an auto accident, your PIP covers 80 percent of your medical expenses and 60 percent of your lost wages. It does not cover your pain and suffering or your property damages.
You can file a personal injury suit if you suffer permanent injuries, you have permanent scarring or disfigurement, or you lose an important body function. If you file a personal injury suit, you must prove that the other driver was negligent.
Dog Bite Injuries
An owner is strictly liable if their dog bites you. You do not have to show the owner was negligent. You do not have to show the dog bit someone before or had a dangerous propensity, either. However, if the owner can show you provoked the dog, the owner has a defense in a dog bite case.
You Could Experience a Reduction in Compensation if You are Found to be at Fault
You may be partially at fault for your accident. Florida’s comparative negligence law reduces your recovery by your percentage of fault. For example, if you are 25 percent at fault for the accident, you can only recover 75 percent of your damages.
To help you navigate this process, contact an accident lawyer in Miami, FL, today.
What You Must Prove to Win Compensation for Your Injuries
In most cases, you must prove the four aspects of negligence in a personal injury case to recover compensation for your injuries:
- Duty of care: An example is a store owner who owes a duty to shoppers to make sure the shop is free of hazards, such as water on the floor.
- Breach of duty: If in the above example there was a pool of water on the floor, the owner broke this duty.
- Causation: If a person fell because of the puddle, this is causation.
- Actual damages: Medical expenses and missing time at work due to your injuries would count as damages.
Usually, you must prove that the other party was negligent in not following the standard of care required under the circumstances. For example, you can show that a property owner knew about a broken step and failed to warn you. Florida law makes two notable exceptions to the negligence rule for dog bites and car accidents.
There are Actions You Can Take to Help Your Own Case
In any personal injury accident, you can take actions that may help or hurt your case later. Here is what you could do:
- Get immediate medical attention.
- Take photos of the accident scene. Get a picture of skid marks from a car crash or an object on the floor where you fell.
- Get names of witnesses and contact information.
- Do not sign anything without talking to a lawyer.
- Contact our team. The sooner you get legal help, the quicker we can investigate your case and work toward getting you compensation for your injuries. When you get started early, you can also make sure not to exceed the deadline to file a lawsuit.
Call Our Attorneys Today for a Free Case Review
Did you suffer injuries in an accident? Call a personal injury lawyer at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to evaluate your case. The initial consultation is free, and you owe our attorneys nothing unless you receive compensation for your injuries.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (305) 944-2035