Office InformationAddress Chalik & Chalik
28 W Flagler St #1000
Miami, FL 33130
Price Range: $
Open 24 Hours
QRF4+H8 Miami, Florida Phone (305) 944-2035
Whether it is a truck rear-ending your car at an intersection, slipping in a grocery store, or getting attacked by a dog, injuries happen and can be expensive. But you may be able to receive compensation from the person who caused your injuries.
Did you suffer an injury in an accident? Find out if you can receive compensation for your injuries. Call a personal injury lawyer in Miami, FL, at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at (855) 529-0269 for a free consultation.
If you live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and need a personal injury lawyer, please visit our Fort Lauderdale personal injury page.
WHEN CAN YOU GET COMPENSATED FOR INJURIES IN AN ACCIDENT in MIAMI, FL
You can be driving down the road, jogging on a beach, or walking in a store when something happens that can change your life dramatically. Here are a few examples:
- A truck broadsides your car, paralyzing you.
- You slip on water near the entrance of a store, breaking your leg.
- Your neighbor’s dog attacks you, disfiguring your face.
- You step in a hole in a parking lot, and you suffer a concussion when you fall.
- A car hits you as you are jogging near a road, and you suffer internal injuries.
You can contact our Miami lawyers for more information on any of these cases.
What You Must Prove to Get Compensation for Your Injuries
In most cases, you must prove the four aspects of negligence in a personal injury case to recover compensation for your injuries:
- Duty of Care: An example is a store owner owes a duty to shoppers to make sure the shop is free of hazards, such as water on the floor.
- Breach of Duty: If in the above example there was a pool of water on the floor, the owner broke this duty.
- Causation: If a person fell because of the puddle, this is causation.
- Actual Damages: Medical expenses and missing time at work from falling on the pool of water would count as damages.
Proving a Party Did Not Follow the Standard of Care
Usually, you must prove that the other party was negligent in not following the standard of care required under the circumstances. For example, you can show that a property owner knew about a broken step and failed to warn you. Florida law makes two notable exceptions to the negligence rule for dog bites and car accidents.
Recovering Compensation for Injuries from a Dog Bite
An owner is strictly liable if their dog bites you. You do not have to show the owner was negligent. You do not have to show the dog bit someone before or had a dangerous propensity. However, if the owner can show you provoked the dog, the owner has a defense in a dog bite case.
Recovering Compensation for Injuries from an Auto Accident
Florida law requires each driver to carry personal injury protection (PIP) automobile insurance coverage of at least $10,000 per person per accident. For your injuries in an auto accident, your PIP covers 80 percent of your medical expenses and 60 percent of your lost wages. It does not cover your pain and suffering or your property damages.
You can file a personal injury suit if you suffer permanent injuries, you have permanent scarring or disfigurement, or you lose an important body function. If you file a personal injury suit, you must prove that the other driver was negligent.
Did you suffer serious injuries in an automobile crash? Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. If you hire our firm, a partner will work with you to get you fair compensation for your injuries.
Reduction of Your Compensation If You Are at Fault
You may be partially at fault for an accident causing your injuries. For example, because of a distraction, you did not see a car cut in front of you. Florida’s comparative negligence law reduces your recovery by the percentage of your fault. For example, if you are 25 percent at fault for the accident, you can only recover 75 percent of your damages. To help you navigate this process, contact an accident lawyer in Miami, FL today.
Miami Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Miami, call (855) 646-5468
Compensation That You Can Recover for Your Injuries in a Personal Injury Case
You can recover compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses, including future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
In some cases, you can receive punitive damages, or damages intended to punish the party responsible for your injuries.
If your spouse, child, or other relative dies in an accident, you can file a wrongful death action with an experienced personal injury attorney in Miami Beach. You can also obtain compensation for your loss of companionship.
Did you suffer injuries in an accident? Call a personal injury attorney at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers. Our attorneys will work with the insurance company for a settlement for your injuries. The attorneys will keep you informed of all negotiations. If our attorneys cannot reach a just settlement, we will take the matter to court and let the jury decide the case.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (855) 646-5468
Actions You Can Take Following an Accident to Help Your Case
In any personal injury accident, you can take actions that may help or hurt your case later. Here is what you should do:
- Get immediate medical attention.
- Take photos of the accident scene. Get a picture of skid marks from a car crash or an object on the floor where you fell.
- Get names of witnesses and contact information.
- Do not sign anything without talking to a lawyer.
- Contact a lawyer. The sooner you call a lawyer, the quicker they can investigate your case and work toward getting you compensation for your injuries. And you can make sure not to exceed the statute of limitations, or time limit on your claim.
Did you suffer injuries in an accident? Call a personal injury lawyer in Miami, FL, at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyer at (855) 529-0269 to evaluate your case. The initial consultation is free, and you owe our attorneys nothing unless you receive compensation for your injuries.
For a free legal consultation, call (855) 529-0269