Whether a truck rear-ends your car at an intersection, you slip on a wet floor at a grocery store, or you get attacked by a dog, injuries happen and can be expensive. However, you may be able to receive compensation from the person who caused your injuries.
If you’ve suffered a personal injury in Miami, our experienced Miami personal injury lawyers are here to help you navigate the legal process and fight for your rights. Find out if you can receive compensation for your injuries.
Types of Compensation You Can Recover in a Personal Injury Case in Miami
Every personal injury case comes with its own conditions, so there’s no way to say how much or what types of damages you qualify to seek at first glance. However, generally speaking, you can recover compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses, including current medical bills and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
For those Who Lost a Loved One in an Accident
If your spouse, child, or other relative passes in an accident someone else caused, you could file a wrongful death action with a personal injury attorney in Miami.
Through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit, you can seek compensation for your loved one’s funeral and burial costs, as well as their final medical expenses. You can also obtain compensation for your loss of companionship.
You don’t have to deal with the legal details while grieving. We can handle everything for you.
Find a with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Miami,
Near Me (305) 944-2035
A Miami Personal Injury Lawyer on Our Team Can Help You Determine Your Case’s Value and Fight for It
We understand that you could face major medical expenses and devastating changes to your life after someone else causes your injury. You don’t have to be alone in seeking compensation, however.
If you choose to work with our team, we can:
- Determine the value of your case: If an insurer contacts you soon after the accident and makes a settlement offer, how do you know what your case is worth? We can tell you what damages you qualify for and pursue the fair amount you need.
- Gather compelling evidence to prove liability and your losses: Proving that the other party was at fault for your accident can be challenging. However, we will gather evidence from many sources to prove your case.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for you: We will handle the back-and-forth negotiations, dealing with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- Take your case to court, if necessary: If we cannot reach a fair settlement, we will advise you on your legal options and prepare your case for trial, if needed.
In addition to working closely with other involved parties, your lawyer will keep in close contact with you. They will give you regular updates on the status of your case. If you have any questions, reach out to them at any time.
Chalik & Chalik Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (305) 944-2035
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Takes Personal Injury Cases on Contingency
We have good news if you have any reservations about hiring legal representation due to the costs. Our law firm takes all personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis. So, not only do we finance the entirety of your case, but we also:
- Never charge upfront or out-of-pocket fees
- Don’t take any retainers or by-the-hour rates
If your lawyer achieves a financial award for you, they will deduct a portion of that amount as their payment. However, if they do not secure damages for you, there is no need to pay.
We understand you may be in a tight spot financially, and we don’t want to add any more pressure. With this payment arrangement, you can rest easy knowing there will be no surprise fees at any point during your case.
Why Choose Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers?
At our firm, we want our clients to feel like family. Since 1995, we have fought for the rights of injury victims. With Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, you can expect:
- To work directly with the firm’s founding partners on your case
- 24/7 availability to take your call for a free case review
- A team that has won millions for our past clients
Some of our past case results include:
- $22.1 million for our client who sustained a catastrophic brain injury because of a defective product
- $2.2 million for a pedestrian who suffered a pelvic injury
- $1 million for our client who a rideshare driver hit
- $1 million for a wrongful death car accident case
Our Former Pers Attest to Our Commional Injury Clients Cantment and Drive
Check out what some of our past clients have written about their experiences with our firm:
- “Mr.Chalik was extremely responsive and professional. His office kept us well-informed as things progressed. He showed true concern about the status of my wife’s recovery from her injury. I highly recommend his firm and feel very comfortable in suggesting them when asked for recommendations.” – Fred S.
- “I would recommend Chalik and Chalik to anyone, my case was taken care of properly and settled efficiently in 6 months with a pretty decent amount… Much love and if you’re looking for a solid legal team to represent your case you’ve actually found it in Chalik and Chalik” – Anthony S.
Like with these clients, you can entrust our attorneys to evaluate your case and go after the compensation you need to help you get your life back.
We Provide Client-Focused Legal Care
When you bring your personal injury case to us, we will never treat you like another case file on a desk. At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our legal team affords each case the personalized attention it deserves. We never apply a one-size-fits-all approach. Instead, we tailor a legal strategy to suit your unique situation.
We will also make it a point to keep you updated about the progress of your case and make ourselves available to answer any questions. We want you and your family to feel as comfortable as possible throughout the legal process.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Miami, call (305) 944-2035
How do You Know If You Have a Valid Personal Injury Case?
In short, you may have a case if someone else caused your injury or illness. Whether you were hurt because a negligent property owner left a puddle on a hotel floor or a neighbor’s dog attacked you, you may have a case if someone’s negligence led directly to your losses.
It can be hard to evaluate the merits of your case on your own. We can do that for you during a free case review.
Types of Personal Injury Accidents for Which You Can Seek Compensation
You can be driving down the road, jogging on a beach, or walking in a store when someone’s negligence changes your life dramatically.
We can help you or someone you love with the following injury accidents:
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Birth injuries
- Construction accidents
- Vehicle accidents, including truck, motorcycle, taxicab, and hit-and-run accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Wrongful death
You can contact our Miami lawyers for more information on any of these cases.
You Have Limited Time to Take Legal Action in a Personal Injury Case in Miami, Florida
You have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit for an injury case in Florida. Per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you generally have only two years to do so. If you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit, the state generally sets the deadline at two years, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
We recommend getting started on your case as soon as possible to keep your legal options open. Failure to comply with your applicable deadline may prompt the state to bar you from recovering compensation from the liable party.
If you suffered injuries in an accident, call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers. Our attorneys will work with the insurance company for a settlement. We will keep you informed of all negotiations. If our attorneys cannot reach a fair settlement, we will take the matter to court and let the judge decide the case.
The Type of Personal Injury Case You Have Can Determine Your Compensation
Personal injury cases can be complicated, and the factors that affect your ability to seek compensation will vary based on the type of accident you were involved in. We can help you understand the factors that may affect your case and will help you seek every dollar available.
Consider the following personal injury accident types:
Auto Accident Claims
Florida law requires each driver to carry personal injury protection (PIP) automobile insurance coverage of at least $10,000 per person per accident. For your injuries in an auto accident, your PIP covers 80 percent of your medical expenses and 60 percent of your lost wages. It does not cover your pain and suffering or your property damages.
You can file a personal injury suit if you suffer permanent injuries, have permanent scarring or disfigurement, or lose an important body function. If you file a personal injury suit, you must prove that the other driver was negligent.
Dog Bite Injuries
An owner is strictly liable if their dog bites you. You do not have to show the owner was negligent. You do not have to show the dog bit someone before or had a dangerous propensity, either. However, if the owner can show you provoked the dog, the owner has a defense in a dog bite case.
You Could Experience a Reduction in Compensation If You Are Found to Be at Fault
You may be partially at fault for your accident. Florida’s comparative negligence law reduces your recovery by your percentage of fault. For example, if you are 25 percent at fault for the accident, you can only recover 75 percent of your damages.
What You Must Prove to Win Compensation for Your Personal Injury Case
In most cases, you must prove the four aspects of negligence in a personal injury case to recover compensation for your injuries:
- Duty of care: A store owner owes shoppers an area free of hazards, such as water on the floor.
- Breach of duty: If there was a pool of water on the floor in the above example, the owner broke this duty.
- Causation: If a person fell because of the puddle, that would be causation.
- Actual damages: Medical expenses and missing time at work due to your injuries would count as damages.
Usually, you must prove that the other party was negligent in not following the standard of care required under the circumstances. For example, you can show a property owner knew about a broken step and failed to warn you. Florida law makes two notable exceptions to the negligence rule for dog bites and car accidents.
You Can Take Action to Help Your Own Personal Injury Case
In any personal injury accident, you can take actions that may help or hurt your case later. Here is what you could do:
- Get immediate medical attention.
- Take photos of the accident scene. Get a picture of any skid marks, debris, or hazards at the accident site.
- Get names of witnesses and contact information.
- Do not sign anything without talking to a lawyer.
- Contact our team. The sooner you get legal help, the quicker we can investigate your case and work toward getting you compensation for your injuries. When you get started early, you can also make sure not to exceed the deadline to file a lawsuit.
Personal Injury Attorney in Miami Today for a Free Case Review
Did you suffer injuries in an accident? Call a Miami personal injury lawyer at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to evaluate your case. The initial consultation is free, and you owe our attorneys nothing unless you receive compensation for your injuries.
Call us today!
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (305) 944-2035