Whether Philips CPAP will cover cancer victims’ medical expenses depends on each claimant’s situation. If you developed cancer after using a Philips CPAP machine, the manufacturer should cover your medical bills, lost income, and other related expenses.
During a free case review with our team, you can learn whether you can seek compensation for your injury-related hardships.
Philips Should Cover Medical Bills and Other Related Expenses
Hundreds of lawsuits are unfolding against Philips citing one thing: because the billion-dollar company released an unsafe product onto the market, it should pay for injured claimants’ losses.
Claimants are requesting compensation for their medical expenses and:
- Lost income. You might not be able to work while undergoing cancer treatment. As such, you can pursue compensation for your work-related losses, including lost income, tips, bonuses, and benefits.
- Loss of future earning capacity. A cancer diagnosis not only prevents you from working, but it may permanently affect your annual income. With a lawyer’s help, they can determine what you’re owed for this hardship.
- Pain and suffering. The value of your pain and suffering depends on many things, including your daily pain levels, missed time from work, and quality of life. Many states do not limit what you can seek for this non-economic damage.
- Wrongful death-related expenses. If you’re filing on behalf of a late loved one, you can seek the cost of their medical bills, funeral, burial, and lost income.
You may qualify for other losses than those listed here. A lawyer can review your situation, calculate your damages, and pursue what you need from the liable party.
Find a Personal Injury Lawyer,
Near Me (855) 529-0269
You Can Pursue Compensation Using Evidence
You can’t simply file a lawsuit against Philips and expect to recover compensation. You need supporting evidence, such as:
- Your medical records. These documents will provide a link between your cancer diagnosis and the defective CPAP machine.
- Your employment records. To pursue damages for your lost income, your employment records establish your missed time from work, the reason why, and how much you’re owed.
- Testimony from your doctor. An oncologist can attest to the severity of your condition and how it was caused.
- Your injury-related invoices, billing statements, and invoices. To have a valid case, you must prove that you suffered damages.
You Must Establish These Things to Succeed
Philips is a billion-dollar corporation armed with product liability lawyers ready to discredit your case. Using the evidence listed above, you must prove:
- You used a Philips CPAP machine as instructed.
- You developed cancer.
- Your Philips CPAP machine caused your condition.
Right now, you may be wondering: “How do I know if my Philips CPAP machine caused my condition?” Your doctor’s testimony, along with your imaging scans and diagnostic exam results, can make the connection.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's personal injury lawyers today
Three Things to Consider When Pursuing Medical Expenses From Philips
We want you to understand everything about your legal options moving forward. While you consider legal aid, here are some things to keep in mind:
You Must Take Prompt Legal Action
Each lawsuit comes with a filing deadline, and it largely depends on where you live. For instance, if you live in Florida, you generally have four years to file your lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). However, other states may follow shorter deadlines.
If you miss the filing deadline, you miss your chance to pursue compensation. This would make you responsible for your injury-related losses, including your healthcare expenses.
There Is No Limit to What You Can Request
Compensation should account for your past, present, and future injury-related losses. When pursuing damages from Philips, your settlement or court award shouldn’t leave you with any out-of-pocket expenses.
Partnering with a lawyer can yield the best possible outcome for your situation. They can calculate your losses and take legal action against the liable party.
You Pay Nothing Out of Pocket for a Lawyer
Going up against Philips can seem intimidating. As noted, it will contest your claim or lawsuit with all of its resources. It may even offer less than you deserve.
When you partner with a lawyer from our firm, you only pay our attorney’s fees if your case yields compensation. We don’t charge hourly rates, retainers, or out-of-pocket fees.
Compensation for our help comes from the compensation we get for you. Otherwise, you pay nothing.
For a free legal consultation call (855) 529-0269
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Can Handle Your CPAP Injury Case
You can recover more than medical expenses from Philips; you can seek compensation for a host of other losses related to your condition. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers has decades of experience fighting for injured claimants and their loved ones.
We’ve recovered millions from big-name corporations, including Ford, Bridgestone, and Princess Cruises. To consult with our team about your case, dial (855) 529-0269. Your first case review is free and offered at no obligation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269