At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we are pleased to share that we resolve 85 percent of our cases through insurance negotiations. We simply don’t play games. Since 1995, we have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for Floridians and their families.
We extend our services to those who have suffered losses in Miami car accidents. Our lawyers can calculate your damages, file your claim, and handle your case’s various obligations.
Compensable Damages You Could Collect in a Miami Car Accident Case
You can recover the cost of virtually anything related to your car accident case. Some compensable losses you can pursue through a claim or lawsuit include:
- Medical expenses, including future medical bills and the cost of rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Disability, scarring, and disfigurement
- Lost bonuses, promotions, tips, and commissions
- Funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and other losses related to losing a loved one
A car accident attorney from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can negotiate with the insurance company to get compensation for your losses.
Compensation We Have Recovered for Previous Claimants
We understand that right now, you want an attorney who has successfully recovered compensation before. We have secured the following outcomes:
- We won $5 million for our client who suffered injuries in a collision.
- We sued Ford and Bridgestone for $3 million after their defective products hurt our client.
- We secured a $1 million settlement for a family that lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident.
In addition to these successes, we have been featured on USA Today, Inside Edition, CNN, 60 Minutes, and the Today show.
Find a Miami Car Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (305) 944-2035
You Have a Deadline for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in Florida
Under Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a), you must file a personal injury lawsuit within four years of the accident. You may be eligible for an extension under Florida Statutes §95.051, though. However, you should not assume anything about your case without consulting with our team first. If you miss the filing deadline, you could forfeit your right to financial recovery.
With a car accident lawyer in Miami, you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries rather than stressing out about deadlines. The sooner you call our firm, the quicker our attorneys can get to work.
Chalik & Chalik Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (305) 944-2035
We Can Handle the Claims Process and Litigation for You
As noted, most cases our law firm handles are settled out of court. More likely than not, you won’t have to go to court for your car accident case. However, we are prepared for whatever route your case takes.
The Insurance Claims Process
We know that insurance can get confusing. We will handle everything involved with bringing your case to completion. We will review the liable policy, negotiate a settlement, and send your demand letter.
We can also review how your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage could benefit you. All drivers are required to carry this type of coverage, per the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation. PIP covers your own injuries if you were hurt in a crash.
It pays for:
- Eighty percent of your medical expenses
- Sixty percent of your lost wages up to $10,000
- $5,000 in death benefits
It does not cover things like pain and suffering and property damage costs. While other aspects of your insurance policy may cover your car’s repairs, if you want to pursue pain and suffering, you can do so in civil court.
Filing a Lawsuit
If your case makes it to court, we can:
- Cross-examine witnesses
- Call on expert field consultants (like accident reconstruction specialists) to testify
- Present evidence of fault, negligence, and liability
- Complete the “discovery” phase of litigation
- File your lawsuit within the appropriate deadlines
- Manage all necessary paperwork and filing
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Car Accidents Lawyer today
We Can Prove that Negligence Caused Your Miami Car Accident
To recover compensation, you must prove that the other driver’s negligence caused your injuries. While you may have heard that Florida is a no-fault state, this does not preclude you from taking legal action against a negligent motorist.
The following information could help us determine fault for your collision:
- The police report
- Traffic camera footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Testimony from healthcare professionals and accident reconstruction specialists
- Black box data
- Physical evidence from the accident scene
- Photos of your vehicle’s damage and injuries
- Omissions made by the other driver at the accident scene
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Miami, call (305) 944-2035
What if You’re Partially Responsible for Your Damages?
Per Florida Statutes §768.81, your percentage of fault for the accident could reduce your final settlement. For example, let us say your expenses totaled $20,000 after an accident. If you were found to be 20% at fault, you would be unable to recover $4,000 of your damages, making it so you could only recover $16,000.
Florida does not bar you from seeking compensation, no matter how responsible for the accident you were. Hypothetically, you could even be 99 percent responsible for the crash and still pursue one percent of your losses.
Multiple Parties Could Be Responsible for the Crash
The other driver may not be the only party responsible for your damages. For instance, if they were on the job at the time of the collision, you could hold their employer accountable.
You can bring a product liability suit against a car manufacturer if a defect in the car, such as a defective tire, caused the accident or made your injuries worse.
We will explore all avenues from which you can seek damages. We can manage all communications with these parties and their insurance companies.
What Should You do Immediately After a Car Accident in Miami?
Below are some actions that could benefit your case’s outcome:
- Get medical attention. Even if your injuries are minor, you should get medical attention after the accident to document your injuries. Failure to get treatment can hurt your credibility if you later claim an injury.
- Do not admit fault. Be careful about what you say to the insurance representative. Even saying something like, “I’m sorry,” could be interpreted as an admission of fault.
- Jot down notes about the accident. In the weeks that follow your collision, you will likely forget some details, yet even the smallest detail could aid your claim. Write down your account of events after getting hurt.
- Do not sign anything without talking to our team. By letting our legal team manage your case, you will not have to communicate with the insurer, and we will explain what you should sign.
Our lawyers serving Miami car accident claimants can explain more about what measures could help you.
Call the Attorneys at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to Learn More
When you partner with our firm, you work directly with our founding partners, Jason and Debi Chalik. You can expect warm, compassionate legal help. To explore working with a car accident lawyer in Miami, call today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (305) 944-2035