The Florida airport system offers travelers the opportunity to fly out of state, whether that’s to another state in the United States or a far-off international locale. At its best, flying is an uncomplicated affair. However, any time you step into an airport, you run the risk of slipping, falling, and injuring yourself.
If you believe that another party was responsible for your airport slip and fall injury, you could qualify for compensation. A Florida airport slip and fall lawyer could act as your legal representative and inform you of your legal options.
Florida Airport Slip and Fall Practice Areas
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our legal team represents airport slip and fall injury clients throughout the state of Florida. These are our primary areas of practice:
- Daytona Beach
- Key West
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers
- Jacksonville – Pensacola International Airport
- Jacksonville – Tallahassee International Airport
- Jacksonville – Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
- Orlando – Melbourne International Airport
- Orlando – Sanford International Airport
- Orlando – Leesburg International Airport
- Tampa – St. Pete Clearwater International Airport
- Tampa – Tampa International Airport
- West Palm Beach – West Palm Beach International Airport
- West Palm Beach – St. Lucie International Airport
Find a Florida Airport Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Compensation in a Florida Airport Slip and Fall Case
Compensation in a legal case is broken into different categories, called damages. There are two types of damages in a slip-and-fall case, economic and non-economic.
Slipping and falling can cause serious injuries that may be expensive to treat. Economic damages cover your financial losses, including:
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Reduced earning capacity
A slip and fall injury can have emotional consequences, too. You can receive compensation for these types of losses via non-economic damages. They include:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
How Much Will I Receive?
Every slip and fall case is unique. Some involve broken bones, whereas others involve permanent injury. These factors could impact the value of your case:
- Type and severity of your injuries
- The outcome of settlement negotiations
- Amount of evidence available in your case
Knowing the potential value of your case is important. Our team can provide you with a case value estimate. This way, you’ll be prepared for settlement negotiations. If you don’t know what your case is worth, you may be vulnerable to unfair settlement offers.
Chalik & Chalik Airport Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Causes of Airport Slip and Fall Accidents
Florida airport slip and fall accidents have several causes, including:
- Unmarked tripping hazards
- Slippery or icy walkways
- Broken or damaged flooring
- Overly polished flooring
- Liquid spills
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), slip and fall injuries disproportionately impact older members of the population. Roughly three million adults aged 65 or older are treated for slip and fall injuries each year. In the event of a fall, victims often experience:
- Broken hips
- Broken wrists
- Head injuries, like a traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken legs
If you or a loved one are aged 65 or older, taking preventative measures can reduce the risk of a fall. Avoid uncomfortable footwear and use an assisted walking device if needed.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Airport Lawyer today
Working With a Florida Airport Slip and Fall Lawyer
The aftermath of a slip and fall injury can be messy. You may have considerable medical bills while recovering from a serious injury. Adding a legal case can worsen these stresses. That’s where we come in, a Florida airport slip and fall lawyer can handle your case so you don’t have to.
Your well-being is our priority. While you focus on your recovery, we’ll focus on pursuing a settlement. Our legal team can provide you with several key services, including:
- Investigating your case
- Gathering evidence
- Negotiating a settlement
- Explaining your legal options to you
- Providing you with consistent case updates
- Filing a lawsuit if needed
Slip and Fall Case Results
We’ve settled several notable slip-and-fall cases for our clients, including:
- $100,000 for a client who fell and fractured their sternum
- $100,000 for a client who fell during a physical therapy session
- $100,00 for a client who fell and fractured their wrist
Can I Afford to Hire a Slip and Fall Lawyer?
We understand that slip and fall cases can be expensive. For this reason, we adhere to a contingency fee payment plan. This means that you don’t need to pay our lawyers anything upfront, and we only get you paid if you win a settlement. Our final payment will come as a percentage of your final settlement offer.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Florida, call (855) 529-0269
How do You Prove Fault in an Airport Slip and Fall Case?
Slip and fall cases are filed into the category of personal injury law. This means that you must prove that someone else caused your accident which as your legal representative, our team can handle for you.
Evidence is the background of any strong legal case. We can review the following pieces of evidence:
- Eyewitness statements
- Security camera footage of the accident
- Expert input
- Your medical records
To prove that someone else caused your accident, you must highlight their negligent behavior. Doing so involves proving the four elements of negligence, which include:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care: Airports, like other organizations, are responsible for keeping their clients safe from harm. This responsibility is known as a duty of care.
- The liable party failed to uphold their duty of care: For example, imagine that an airport custodian applied too much floor polish, making a walkway unsafe. This could be considered negligent behavior.
- Your accident was caused by this negligent behavior: The evidence shows that you slipped and fell on a slippery airport walkway.
- You suffered damages: Finally, you must show that you suffered damages from your accident. Our team can review your medical records to illustrate the extent of your injuries.
Florida Airport Slip and Fall Case May Be Time-Sensitive
Slip and fall lawsuits are subject to Florida’s personal injury statute of limitations. This law provides victims with a standard two-year deadline for lawsuits. If you miss this deadline, you won’t be able to file a lawsuit. This deadline is only two years if you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit. Therefore, you should consider getting a head start on your case because:
- The statute of limitations may be longer or shorter depending on the facts of your case;
- It provides you or your lawyer with more time to gather evidence;
- It ensures that you don’t miss your chance to file a lawsuit.
Our team can help you manage the deadlines for your case. We can submit relevant documentation and tell you how much time you have to pursue a settlement.
Contact an Airport Slip and Fall Lawyer Today
Our team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is here for the residents of Florida. If you believe that another party was responsible for your airport slip and fall injury, you could qualify for compensation. We are here for you and ready to act as your legal representative during your slip-and-fall case.
Do not hesitate to contact our offices today for a free consultation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269