Many people in Florida visit Burlington stores when they’re looking for a convenient way to purchase coats, clothing, and décor for their family. However, any convenience can be erased in moments if you slip and fall while doing your shopping.
Falling while in a Burlington store can leave you to deal with serious injuries, like broken bones. Your medical bills can begin to rise quickly. Fortunately, you can work to get compensation for your losses with the help of a Florida Burlington slip and fall accident and injury Lawyer now.
The professionals at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can begin working to bring you maximum damages right now.
Information About Burlington Stores in Florida
Burlington stores have been in operation since 1972. Until recent years, the company was called the Burlington Coat Factory, despite the fact that it sold many other clothing items, home décor, gifts, pet supplies, and more.
Currently, there are 631 Burlington stores in operation around the country. The company as a whole employs around 40,000 people. Additionally, Burlington reported around $6.11 billion in revenue in the year 2017.
Find a Florida Burlington Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Take the Right Steps After a Burlington Slip and Fall Accident
Securing full compensation after a slip and fall accident at Burlington can be difficult. Insurance agents and store representatives may try to deny your claim. You can improve your odds of getting maximum damages by:
- Reporting your accident immediately to an employee so they can file an incident report
- Getting contact information from anyone who saw you fall
- Taking pictures of the place where you fell and your injuries
- Seeking prompt medical treatment for your injuries
- Reaching out to a professional slip and fall injury lawyer
You may need to work with a slip and fall accident lawyer to ensure that insurance representatives take you seriously after your fall. Jason and Debi Chalik are ready to start standing up for you right now.
Chalik & Chalik Burlington Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Find Out What Our Clients Say About Us
Our clients know that they can focus on getting better because we take care of their legal matters. We understand how stressful it can be to get injured by someone else’s negligence. You do not have to go through this experience alone. At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, you will get to work directly with one of the partners on your injury claim.
Here are a few examples of our client testimonials:
- “I really can’t say enough great things about this Firm. Honest, ethical and great communicators. Dell, made me feel like family and answered all my questions numerous times. The experience that Jason and his team have is quite obvious. They kept me comprised about my case at all times. Very happy client!!” Charles P.
- “Having used the Chalik Law firm a few times for car accidents and product liability issues, we were extremely satisfied with the results. The firm was very committed to providing factual, prompt updates, and excellent advice on settlements and legal issues. Rather than use legalize, all conversations were simple to understand, which made making a complex legal decision very easy. We never know when we might be in a situation that requires expert legal advice again, but if we do, I know our first call would to the Chalik law firm.” Philip D.
- “Chalik & Chalik law firm was the greatest decision my family and I made! Long story short within the same day of our accident we were already scheduled to start our therapy sessions and were able to go back home feeling better, not only physically, but with piece of mind that we were in good hands. Thanks again Chalik & Chalik!!!” Wladimir M.
- “Great company, Dell always there to answer any questions I have. The process was so smooth and stress free. I would definitely recommend these lawyers to anyone. Thank you for being my voice throughout this stressful time.” Tpollifer H.
Come find out today what we can do for you.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Burlington Lawyer today
Focus on the Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Florida
You could slip and fall in a Burlington store for a number of reasons. Jason and Debi Chalik are here to help you if you slipped and fell for any reason. The causes of your accident could include:
- Broken pavement in the parking lot
- Snow and ice left on the sidewalk leading to the store
- Clothes or other products left lying on the floor
- Slippery areas caused by leaks or recent mopping
Slip and fall accidents are more likely to occur in some areas of a Burlington store. The entry and exits to the stores may be especially hazardous. Additionally, bathrooms and check-out areas are sites where slip and fall accidents often take place.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Florida, call (855) 529-0269
There Is a Filing Deadline for Slip and Fall Injury Lawsuits
You might think that the filing deadline for a lawsuit is not relevant because you want to get a settlement, not file a lawsuit. In fact, the filing deadline, also called the statute of limitations, could prevent you from getting any compensation for your injuries and other losses.
After the filing deadline, the court could dismiss your lawsuit, costing you your last chance to seek compensation.
The statutes of limitations are different in every state. Here are the filing deadlines in Florida:
- You only have four years from the date of injury to file a personal injury lawsuit, under Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
- If your close relative died because of a slip and fall accident, you only have two years to file a wrongful death case, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
You do not want to wait until the last minute to talk to a lawyer about your slip and fall injury case. It takes time to investigate the accident and draft the documents we must prepare to file a lawsuit. Be sure to talk with us right away to protect your right to compensation.
Results of Slipping and Falling in a Burlington Store
Many people discount the possible severity of a slip and fall accident. Stores such as Burlington typically have hard concrete floors and lots of metal shelving. Falling against these items can result in serious injuries, including:
- Lacerations and other soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones in your arms and legs
- Head and brain injuries
- Injuries to your back, spine, or neck
These injuries generally require prompt medical treatment, which can quickly become incredibly expensive. Fortunately, you may be able to get compensation for your losses if you file a premises liability claim with your slip and fall accident lawyer.
Understanding Premises Liability Claims in Florida
A premises liability claim can allow your slip and fall accident lawyer to help you secure compensation to cover your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages at work
- Diminished earning potential
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
In some cases, Jason and Debi Chalik can negotiate with the insurance agents who represent Burlington. We may be able to secure you a fair settlement through this period of negotiations as we present proof we gathered regarding your accident.
If Burlington representatives refuse to accept a fair settlement, we can also help you take your claim to court. Securing a verdict in your favor can allow you to move forward with your life, confident that you will be able to cover your medical expenses and other losses.
Speak with a Burlington Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
You may need professional assistance handling a premises liability claim if you fell at a Burlington store. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can provide you with the help you need, starting with a free consultation. Complete our online contact form or call us to reach an injury lawyer for slip and fall accidents at Burlington in Florida.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269