If you have slipped and fallen in a restaurant in Florida, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. Call the personal injury attorneys at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at (855) 529-0269 for a no-cost and no-obligation case evaluation.
What to Know When You Suffer an Accident at a Restaurant in Florida
Slip and fall accidents can happen in a restaurant for many reasons. No matter the reason for your fall, the restaurant may be liable for your injuries.
There Are Things You Can Do to Help Your Case
Our team will manage your legal case; however, there are a few things you can do to help protect your right to compensation:
- Getting immediate medical attention
- Getting a police report about the accident if law enforcement was on the scene
- Taking photos of your injuries, if possible
- Getting the contact information for the restaurant, the restaurant owner, the manager on duty, and any witnesses who may have seen you slip and fall
- Report the incident to the proper authorities, if you did not do so at the scene
- Following up on all your medical appointments
- Keeping any photos, documentation, or receipts you received related to the accident
- Writing down what occurred before, during, and after you fell as soon as possible before your memory fades
According to FL § 95.11, the statute of limitations in Florida for a slip and fall accident is generally four years from the date of the accident. However, contacting an attorney to know what your options are is a good idea before your injuries start to heal, and the memory of what happened becomes hazy.
You Need to Prove the Other Party Was Liable—We Can Help
A successful slip and fall case requires that we establish the following elements of negligence under FL § 768.0755:
- The restaurant had a duty of care to prove a safe and hazard-free environment for its patrons
- The restaurant failed in that duty, did not use reasonable care in maintaining the property, and you became injured as a result
- You suffered damages due to the restaurant’s negligence
Several Parties May Be Liable for Your Injuries
Your restaurant slip and fall accident and injury lawyer in Florida from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers will know how to determine the at-fault parties for your injuries. There may be more than one party that was negligent and is responsible for your accident. Several mitigating circumstances can affect who is liable for your injuries.
Regardless of how the accident occurred, if you have been injured by another person’s or entity’s negligence, you have a right to file a claim for compensation.
Florida Restaurant Slip And Fall Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Claiming Compensation in a Restaurant Slip and Fall Accident
If you have been injured after slipping and falling in a restaurant, you may be able to obtain compensation to cover:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
- Hiring someone to fulfill your household responsibilities if you are unable to do so
- Emotional distress including PTSD, anxiety, and depression
- Loss of consortium
- Other costs related to your accident
How Our Lawyers Can Help
If your injuries are serious, the last thing you need to be worrying about is managing an injury case. Fortunately, you do not need to handle it alone. A personal injury attorney will:
Consult with You Regarding Your Case
We do not ever want you to feel as though you are in the dark. For this reason, we make ourselves available at all times. A restaurant slip and fall accident and injury lawyer in Florida will provide you with regular case updates, but feel free to email or call us with any concerns.
Gather the Evidence Necessary for Your Case
We will gather all evidence relevant to your claim, such as:
- Medical reports
- Accident/police reports
- Testimony from expert witnesses
Communicate with all the Parties Involved
You may receive a call from the insurance adjuster shortly after your slip and fall accident requesting a recorded statement. We suggest that you do not agree to a recorded statement, as the insurer can twist your words to use your statement against you.
We will handle communication with all involved parties on your behalf so that you do not accidentally say something to jeopardize your case.
Attempt to Negotiate a Pre-trial Settlement
In many cases, the insurer will offer you a low settlement in hopes you will accept what you can get. We strongly recommend that you do not accept any settlement without speaking with us first, as you may end up leaving money on the table. We will negotiate with the insurer to get the compensation you deserve.
Litigate Your Case in Court
In some cases, the insurer will refuse to offer you a fair settlement. If so, we are not afraid to take your case to court.
Get Help from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today
Do not feel as though you need to handle your case alone. Our team is standing by, ready to help. Call a restaurant slip and fall accident and injury lawyer in Florida from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at (855) 529-0269 for a free, no-obligation case consultation.