Discount stores like Dollar Tree offer customers a wide range of items for sale at low prices. While many customers visit Dollar Tree to save money, you can end up facing serious losses if you are hurt in a slip and fall accident while in the store.
Fortunately, you could secure compensation for your losses by contacting the Law Offices of Chalik & Chalik. Our injury lawyers for slip and fall accidents at Dollar Tree in Florida are standing by to start working on your case now.
Our personal injury lawyers can help you fight for compensation to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
Facts About the Dollar Tree and Slip and Fall Accidents
As of 2022, there were currently over 15,500 Dollar Trees around the U.S. Many of these stores are located in Florida, where customers can visit to do their shopping. As with all other businesses in Florida, Dollar Trees are required to promptly remove hazards to customers quickly.
However, many hazards may go unnoticed, especially if a store is particularly busy. Crowded aisles may also make it more difficult for employees to spot and clean up hazards in a timely fashion.
Find a Florida Dollar Tree Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Causes of Florida Slip and Fall Accidents in Dollar Tree
Slip and fall accidents may occur in Dollar Tree stores for a number of reasons. Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Obstacles like boxes or products left in the aisle
- Improperly maintained entrance and exit doors
- Wet spots on the floor caused by leaking products
- Damp areas from mopping that are improperly marked
- Improperly lit areas of the store
Any of these situations could result in serious injuries. Make sure that you seek immediate medical care if you are hurt in a slip and fall accident. Getting prompt treatment can help your lawyer prove that your injuries were caused by your accident, which can boost your chances of getting fair compensation.
Chalik & Chalik Dollar Tree Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Compensation for Losses Caused by Florida Slip and Fall Accidents
Generally, you can seek compensation following a Dollar Tree slip and fall accident by filing a premises liability claim. This claim can help you secure the damages you need to cover your:
- Current medical expenses, including emergency medical care
- Future medical expenses, including physical therapy costs
- Lost wages at work and lost earning potential
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
Here at the Law Offices of Chalik & Chalik, we understand how expensive medical treatment can be. Let us help you if you experienced a slip and fall accident that led to:
- Broken bones or fractures
- Bruises, abrasions, and cuts
- Head, neck, back, or spine injuries
We are ready to start working on your claim right now.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Dollar Tree Lawyer today
Demonstrating Negligence in Dollar Store Slip and Fall Cases in Florida
You will only be able to get compensation for your losses after a slip and fall accident if your lawyer can demonstrate that:
- There was a hazard in the Dollar General Store.
- The property owners or employees were aware of the hazard.
- Despite this awareness, the hazard was not removed.
- The hazard led to your injuries.
Jason and Debi Chalik can work to build your claim by investigating your accident right away. We can speak with witnesses who saw your accident, request video surveillance records from Dollar Tree, and review any reports regarding your accident to gather evidence.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Florida, call (855) 529-0269
What if You Are Partially at Fault for Your Florida Dollar Store Slip and Fall?
“Comparative negligence” is a legal concept that states when an accident occurs, the negligence or fault of each involved party is based on their individual contributions to the event. Florida recognizes “pure” comparative negligence, in which the court determines to what degree a claimant was responsible. Compensation awarded to the claimant by the court will then be reduced by their percentage of fault.
For example, if an accident were considered 25% at fault and is awarded a verdict of $100,000, they would receive $75,000 due to a 25% reduction. Unlike other states, Florida doesn’t place a maximum on the claimant’s degree of negligence. Therefore, an injury victim can still recover a small amount of compensation, such as 1%, even if they were 99% at fault.
Duties of a Dollar Tree Slip and Fall Attorney from Our Team
The primary functions of a slip and fall or personal injury attorney are to advise clients, protect their rights, handle settlement negotiations, and represent them in premises liability claims. They also provide certain legally interested parties with relevant information, such as insurance companies, courts, defendants, and their legal counsel.
More specifically, slip and fall injury attorneys are also responsible for the following:
- Discussing injuries and accident-related details with clients and notifying relevant parties of their legal representation
- Advising clients of their legal rights and how they will be protected
- Case investigation and discovery, such as collecting evidence, contacting eyewitnesses, and gathering pertinent documentation, including accident reports and medical records
- Using evidence to prove the property owner or company’s negligence
- Identifying the client’s recoverable damages and calculating their worth
- Negotiating with the company’s insurance company and attempting to secure a fair settlement
- Filing a legal claim by preparing a formal complaint and submitting it to the applicable court
- Filing or responding to pre-trial motions requesting that the court decides on a particular issue before the trial begins
- Representing their client at trial if necessary
What Is the Time Limit to File a Dollar Tree Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
The Florida statute of limitations to file a lawsuit for a slip and fall injury is four years from the accident date under Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). For a wrongful death lawsuit, the time limit is only two years. Failure to file a lawsuit before this deadline will likely result in your case being permanently dismissed.
However, under Florida Statutes § 95.051, you could be eligible for a rare exception. For this reason, you are encouraged to contact an attorney as soon as possible to ensure you don’t miss important deadlines.
What Could a Family Recover After a Wrongful Death Slip and Fall Claim?
When a person is fatally injured and another person or party is at fault, some of the decedent’s surviving relatives may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit seeking compensation under Florida Statutes § 768.19.
A personal injury attorney can help family members identify which damages they can be awarded for their losses, as these depend on their familial relationship with the decedent. Such losses can include the following:
- Loss of the decedent’s earnings
- Loss of the decedent’s companionship, guidance, and services
- The survivors’ mental anguish
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical expenses for the decedent’s care before death
Don’t Accept a Low Settlement After a Slip and Fall Dollar Tree Accident
Many times, insurance representatives for Dollar Tree will approach you after a slip and fall accident. They may try to get you to admit fault for your accident. They can also try to convince you to accept a subpart settlement offer to cover your losses.
You should not speak with these insurance representatives without first speaking with your slip and fall lawyer. In fact, it is in your best interests to allow your lawyer to handle all communication with Dollar Tree representatives. Let the Law Offices of Chalik & Chalik start protecting you now.
Speak With Slip and Fall Legal Professionals in Florida Right Now
Individuals pursuing compensation after a slip and fall accident can speak with a lawyer. Speak with our slip and fall accident team at Dollar Tree in Florida today by contacting the Law Offices of Chalik & Chalik. You can reach us for a free consultation by calling us or filling out our online contact form.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269