Family Dollar stores in Florida are designed to offer consumers a variety of reasonably priced items in a quick shopping experience. Unfortunately, a trip to Family Dollar can cost you money if you slip and fall while in the store. A slip and fall accident can leave you with serious injuries and high medical costs.
Take steps to get compensation for your healthcare expenses by working with our Florida Family Dollar slip and fall accident and injury lawyer. The professionals at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers are here to handle your needs. Let us start working to secure you the compensation you need after you slip and fall in a Family Dollar.
Facts About Family Dollar Stores
There are more than 8,000 Family Dollar stores in the U.S. These stores can be found in most states, including Florida. Many items in Family Dollar stores are priced below either $10 or $1.
Generally, Family Dollar stores are relatively small, averaging around 7,000 square feet. These stores make the most of their size by keeping aisles well-stocked and using endcaps to display additional items. In some cases, these crowded conditions can end up creating tripping hazards that could cause a customer to slip and fall.
Find a Florida Family Dollar Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Possible Causes for a Family Dollar Slip and Fall Accident
We mentioned that debris in the aisle could become a slipping hazard in a Family Dollar store. There are many other issues that could lead to a slip and fall accident in the store. Some common factors that could lead to a slip and fall accident in Family Dollar include:
- Uncleaned spills in the store.
- Rain tracked into the store by other guests.
- Damage to the flooring throughout the store.
- Crumpled or improperly used mats.
You could also slip and fall if you cannot see where you are going because an area of the store is improperly lit.
Chalik & Chalik Family Dollar Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Liability in Slip and Fall Accidents in Florida
You may be entitled to compensation if you slip and fall in a Family Dollar in Florida. However, you can only get the damages you need if a slip and fall lawyer can demonstrate that a property owner breached their “duty of care” to you.
Family Dollar property owners fail to uphold their duty of care if they:
- Do not promptly clean up a known hazard.
- Do not post warnings about a hazard that cannot be removed.
Your lawyer will need to show that the property owner of your Family Dollar knew about a hazard or should have known that a hazard existed and that they took no steps to address the danger. Establishing this fact can give you the compensation you need to move forward with your life.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Family Dollar Lawyer today
Examples of Our Five-Star Google Reviews
We know that you might like to hear from people we have helped about the experiences they had and how we treated them. Here are some examples of our many Five-star reviews on Google:
- “Having used the Chalik Law firm a few times for car accidents and product liability issues, we were extremely satisfied with the results. The firm was very committed to providing factual, prompt updates, and excellent advice on settlements and legal issues. Rather than use legalize, all conversations were simple to understand, which made making a complex legal decision very easy. We never know when we might be in a situation that requires expert legal advice again, but if we do, I know our first call would to the Chalik law firm.” Philip D.
- “Great company, Dell always there to answer any questions I have. The process was so smooth and stress free. I would definitely recommend these lawyers to anyone. Thank you for being my voice throughout this stressful time.” Tpollifer H.
- “Great group here! Attorney Jason Chalik, Charles, and Dell definitely get the opposing parties attention. This team will get you the WIN! Thank you guys.” Jason C.
- “Working with Debi was a great and stress free experience. She is extremely caring. Her staff is amazing and very responsive. Truly grateful to have worked with Debi. I highly recommend Chalik and Chalik to anyone needing an attorney who will fight for you best they can.” Jennifer B.
When you want attentive, caring legal representation, you know who to contact. The lawyers and staff at our firm are friendly and relatable. We care about our clients, so we treat them like family. We go after the compensation you deserve aggressively while treating you with kindness and compassion.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Florida, call (855) 529-0269
Types of Compensation for a Slip and Fall Accident
Slipping and falling in a Family Dollar can result in severe injuries, especially for older individuals in Florida. You may end up facing medical expenses for:
- Care from emergency medical technicians.
- Testing, assessments, and surgeries.
- Over-the-counter and prescription medications.
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation.
Your personal injury lawyer in Florida can help you secure damages to cover all your medical expenses. Note that your lawyer will need to demonstrate that your injuries were caused by your slip and fall accident. This can be easier to show if you seek medical treatment as quickly as possible after you are injured. The official records of your care can document your accident and strengthen your claim.
You could also be awarded compensation for your wages lost at work, lost earning potential, and pain and suffering.
Premises Liability Claims and Family Dollar Stores
In many cases, you will need to file a premises liability claim against Family Dollar following a slip and fall accident. Filing these claims can be complicated. You may need a slip and fall lawyer in Florida to appropriately handle different aspects of your case. Jason and Debi Chalik can personally work to handle your claim by:
- Investigating your accident to determine fault.
- Calculating all of the damages you are owed.
- Handling communication with Family Dollar representatives.
- Negotiating a fair settlement for you.
- Taking your claim to court to fight for a fair judgement.
Get professional legal help today to assist you in obtaining fair compensation after a slip and fall accident in Family Dollar.
There Is a Deadline to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Family Dollar Slip and Fall Accident
Florida law only gives you two years, in Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), to file a lawsuit seeking money damages for your injuries and losses. If that deadline passes, the law can forever bar you from seeking compensation from the at-fault party.
You do not want to make the mistake of thinking that you could still negotiate a settlement after the statute of limitations expires. The insurer will not continue to negotiate with you after the filing deadline because they no longer have any legal obligation toward you.
What to Do After Getting Hurt in a Family Dollar Slip and Fall Accident
Things can move quickly when you have an injury claim. The at-fault party’s liability insurance company might contact you within days and do one or more of these things:
- Offer a quick settlement of a few thousand dollars before you even know the extent of your injuries or receive your medical bills. You will have to pay all your losses, including medical bills, out of that one check. Your losses could be more than the amount of that check, and there will not be a second check.
- Ask you to give a recorded statement. You should not give a recorded statement. The transcript only helps the insurance company, not you. Instead, you can have the claims adjuster talk to your attorney to get the information they need.
When you choose our lawyers to represent you in your injury claim, you will not have to deal with these or other stressful aspects of your case. Your attorney will handle the negotiations and everything else for you.
Speak with Our Family Dollar Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
You can get the legal help you need by working with our Florida Family Dollar slip and fall accident and injury lawyer. The team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is here to assist you, starting with a free consultation. Call or complete our online contact form to get started.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269