Many people in Florida visit a TJ Maxx store to get department store products for discounted prices. These stores are generally busy, full of hurrying employees and shoppers looking for a good deal. Unfortunately, in addition to great buys, TJ Maxx stores can also contain dangerous hazards. Hazards in the store or parking lot can easily lead to a slip and fall accident.
You could be entitled to compensation if you were hurt in one of these accidents. A Florida TJ Maxx slip and fall accident and injury lawyer from our firm could help you secure damages for your losses. You can start building a case after a TJ Maxx slip and fall accident by contacting Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers. You can reach us easily by calling us or filling out our contact form.
Information About TJ Maxx Stores in Florida
The first TJ Maxx store in the country was opened in 1976. The company took off in the following years, opening 1,241 stores by 2019. Customers can visit TJ Maxx if they want to buy clothes, toys, accessories, or a wide range of home products.
However, good deals aren’t the only things found at a TJ Maxx. These stores are often crowded as inventory undergoes rapid changes. Employees may not have time to address hazards that could lead to serious accidents. If you are hurt due to a hazard in a TJ Maxx store, our lawyer could help you get the damages you need to move forward with your life.
Find a Florida TJ Maxx Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Common Hazards in Florida TJ Maxx Stores
Slip and fall accidents throughout Florida have a number of common causes. Some of the most common hazards that lead to slip and fall accidents can include:
Broken or Leaking Products
TJ Maxx sells many liquid products, like perfumes and cooking oils. If any of these items develop a leak, they could create a dangerous puddle on the floor. Sometimes these products are broken completely, leaving behind glass in addition to a liquid.
Puddles Caused by Weather
Customers often track water on their shoes on rainy or snowy days. If there are no steps taken to clean up this stormwater, it can represent a serious hazard to other customers.
Recently Cleaned Floors
Sometimes, cleaning up a floor can actually make it more of a hazard. If an employee mops a floor and does not put out warning signs to let customers know the area is slick, a slip and fall accident could easily occur.
Debris Left in Aisles
Busy stores sometimes become messy as customers do their shopping. If hangers or products end up on the floor, they can represent a serious hazard.
Chalik & Chalik TJ Maxx Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Three Mistakes That Could Hurt Your Financial Recovery
Simple mistakes could mean less money in your pocket for your Florida TJ Maxx slip and fall injury claim. These things can happen long after the event that hurt you.
- Not finishing your prescribed medical treatment. We understand how inconvenient it can be to have to attend multiple medical appointments like physical therapy sessions. But if you do not complete the treatment program from your doctor, the defendant could argue that they should get to pay you less money because doing all the sessions might have helped you recuperate better from your injuries.
- Posting on social media. You might think that your privacy settings on your social media account will protect you from unwanted people seeing your photos and posts, but the insurance company will likely be able to access your account. They can use things that you post against you in the injury case. If you would not want the judge or jury to see it, do not post it.
- Settling your injury claim too quickly. If you have not yet finished your medical treatment, you might want to wait to accept a settlement offer. If your doctor tells you after you settle your case that you need more treatment, the insurance company will not have to pay those expenses.
These are but a few things that make your settlement less than it could be.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's TJ Maxx Lawyer today
Liability for Providing a Safe Environment
Property owners in Florida are required to quickly remove hazards, including those that we just discussed. A property owner can be held responsible for violating their “duty of care” if they do not promptly address a hazard they know exists. Note that, in some cases, a hazard cannot be resolved right away. In these situations, property owners must set up clear warnings to advise customers of the potential danger they could face.
Your Florida TJ Maxx slip and fall accident and injury lawyer can investigate your case, speak with witnesses, and review video footage to gather proof that the property owners at TJ Maxx did not appropriately handle the hazard that led to your injuries.
You can boost your overall odds of success by ensuring your slip and fall accident is properly documented from the start. Ensure that you inform someone at the store that you slipped and fell so they can file an incident report.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Florida, call (855) 529-0269
Google Reviews from Our Clients
We are proud to share with you a few examples of the many 5-star reviews our happy clients have posted on Google about our services:
- “I have to admit that the staff at Chalik and Chalik far exceeded my expectations. They are so courteous and attentive it is almost surprising. They answered every question I had and made me feel like I was their number 1 client. Rosa Letona is a superstar. She is patient, prepared and always returns my call right away. I felt like I could trust her and that is so hard to come by when dealing with personal matters. She made me feel at ease and I am so grateful for that. I would urge anyone who reads this to look them up for all your legal needs. You will not be disappointed.” Frank E.
- “Mr. Chalik was extremely responsive and professional. His office kept us well informed as things progressed. He showed true concern about the status of my wife’s recovery from her injury. I highly recommend his firm and feel very comfortable in suggesting them when asked for recommendations.” Fred S.
- “I’m very pleased to state the service rendered by this company was very responsive, reliable, attentive, and professional. I was especially happy and impressed with the employee that assisted me (Rosa Letona). She was the ultimate professional, with good values! I would truly recommend this company to friends and family.” Kecia J.
- “We have only had professional service from them always. always very detailed and on time on every situation. Highly recommend them at a heartbeat. very reliable when you need them the most. We deal with Sylvia and she is very professional and knows the business very well.” A. D. Jr.
You deserve the best. Reach out to us today to get started.
Get Compensation for All Your Losses in Florida
You could be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses after a slip and fall accident in a TJ Maxx. Depending upon your situation, you may want a slip and fall lawyer in Florida to help you secure damages to cover:
- Emergency medical expenses.
- Surgeries and complex healthcare procedures.
- Over-the-counter and prescription medications.
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs.
You may also be awarded compensation for lost wages at work and your lost earning potential. In some cases, you could even get damages to address your pain and suffering.
Here at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we believe in offering you the dedicated support you need quickly. You won’t have to pay us any legal fees unless we can secure you the compensation you deserve, so contact us today.
Call Our Lawyers for Help with TJ Maxx Slip and Fall Accidents
The professionals at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help if you are hurt in a slip and fall accident. Get the legal advice you need from our injury lawyers for slip and fall accidents at TJ Maxx in Florida today. Just call or fill out our online contact form to get a free consultation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269