Dealing with a personal injury case can be an incredibly daunting and painful experience. Many individuals who find themselves in this unfortunate situation are often overwhelmed by the challenges they face, such as mounting medical bills and the loss of income due to their changed circumstances.
Fortunately, if you’re grappling with the aftermath of a personal injury, there is help available. A knowledgeable and experienced personal injury attorney can guide you through the legal process and assist you in pursuing the compensation you rightfully deserve. At Chalik & Chalik Injury & Accident Lawyers, we specialize in handling a wide range of personal injury cases. Our team of Hialeah personal injury attorneys is committed to helping you navigate the complexities of your personal injury claim, ensuring you receive the support and compensation you deserve. Whether it’s medical malpractice, a car accident, or any other personal injury matter, we are committed to advocating for your rights and helping you rebuild your life. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and explore how we can assist you in securing the compensation you are entitled to.
Damages You Could Recover in a Hialeah Personal Injury Case
You might be able to pursue several types of damages in a personal injury case, depending on the circumstances in your case. Common injuries in injury cases include:
- Medical bills: If you incurred medical expenses because of your injury, you could recover those costs. Medical costs should include future medical expenses, such as physical therapy or surgery.
- Lost income: Losing income and benefits because of your injury is another loss you could claim. You should be compensated for the earnings you lost because of missed days from work while recovering. You can also seek to recover future lost wages if they are related to your accident.
- Pain and suffering damages: Pain and suffering awards compensate you for the physical pain that an injury causes, along with mental anguish and emotional distress that may have resulted from your experience.
- Property damage: Property damaged or destroyed by a person or company’s negligence could also result in monetary awards being granted under appropriate circumstances.
- Wrongful death: If your loved one suffered fatal injuries, you could qualify for wrongful death compensation. Florida law governs wrongful death actions, including who can recover these awards. Surviving family members could receive compensation that allows them to cover their loved one’s final medical expenses and funeral and burial costs. They also could recover money to replace the decedent’s household income and other losses.
Find a Hialeah Personal Injury Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
How Can You Prove Liability After a Personal Injury Matter?
Personal injury cases are complex, and there’s a lot at stake for both parties involved. There are many moving parts, and each can be the difference between winning or losing the case. These include:
- What evidence should be submitted?
- Do you need to call in professionals?
- Do you need to consider the statute of limitations for an injury lawsuit regarding the legal matter, or has the deadline expired?
Fortunately, a personal injury lawyer can answer these questions for you and explain the options you have. They can also explain how the process works in your case and seek recovery through an insurance claim or represent you in court.
Chalik & Chalik Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Can You Settle a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Hialeah?
Our Hialeah personal injury attorney can help you pursue compensation if you or your loved one was hurt. We can handle litigation for you from start to finish, including negotiating a settlement with the insurance company and managing all communications in your case.
In so doing, we will review the evidence available to choose the right cause of action while leaving you to focus on healing from your injuries.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Personal Injury Lawyer today
Common Causes of Personal Injury Cases in Hialeah
You could recover damages if another person’s negligence or carelessness harmed you while in the Hialeah area. Our injury attorneys handle various kinds of personal injury cases, including the following:
- Car accidents: If you suffered injuries in a car accident, you could recover damages for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other losses.
- Slip and fall accidents: If someone else’s negligence caused you to slip and fall on their property, you could file a claim against that property owner or another liable party.
- Dog bites: You could seek damages for medical bills and other expenses if a dog bite injured you in Hialeah. In Florida, dog owners can be held strictly liable for their animal’s behavior when it causes injury to someone else, regardless of whether they were negligent or knew about their dog’s potential to hurt someone else.
- Defective products: If you suffered an injury after using a defective product in Hialeah, you could file an injury claim against the product’s manufacturer or retailer. A company can be found at fault for injuries consumers suffered after using its product.
Other notable personal injury cases that we help with include:
- Construction accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injuries
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Hialeah, call (855) 529-0269
What to Do After a Personal Injury in Hialeah
In the aftermath of a personal injury, it’s easy to feel confused and overwhelmed. Fortunately, we have tips on what to do after an accident. These tips can apply whether you are in a car accident, slip and fall accident, truck accident, or suffer a work-related injury or any personal injury.
Seek Medical Help Immediately
If you have suffered an injury in Hialeah, get medical help promptly. This is an important step in an injury case. Getting a medical exam can confirm your health status and alert you to any potential health issues that could arise later. Not all injuries are visible at first, so it’s a good idea to have a medical exam that could detect hidden injuries or possible issues that could become larger issues later.
Seeking immediate medical help can make proving the connection between the accident and your injuries easier when you file your injury claim or lawsuit. Make sure you get documentation showing that you received medical care and followed the doctor’s orders regarding your treatment.
Let Your Employer Know Right Away If You Got Hurt on the Job
If a work-related accident caused your injury, you should contact your employer as soon as possible. After getting medical attention and letting your employer know about your injury, you can review your legal options with an attorney. You can also speak with a lawyer before speaking with your employer. Doing so can inform you of your rights and how to protect them.
Get a Copy of the Police Report
If you were hurt in a motor vehicle accident or another kind of accident, call the local police. An officer can file an accident report, and you should get a copy. A formal record from law enforcement can help establish who was at fault and other important details. An officer can also speak with witnesses who could share valuable information about how the accident happened.
Chalik & Chalik Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
Injuries can upend one’s life, possibly changing it forever. When that happens, our Hialeah personal injury lawyer can help you get your life back on track. We can help you hold the liable party accountable and compel them to pay financial awards that can help you recover.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we know accidents can bring pain and suffering, high medical bills, and income loss. We will strive to get sufficient compensation to improve your life. We have secured multiple seven-figure settlements for our clients. Please contact us for a consultation where we can tell you more about our services.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269