A catastrophic injury has the power to change your physical appearance and ability. It can change your life instantly and prevent you from enjoying your preferred career and social activities. If another person’s negligence caused your life-changing injuries, a Miami catastrophic injury lawyer from our team can help you identify the negligent party and work to prove their financial liability.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we can collect evidence, organize and submit it, and deal with all other issues related to the insurance company. We will also represent you in court if we cannot resolve your case with an insurance settlement. We’ll ensure your case gets the attention it needs and results in the best possible outcome for you.
Our Law Firm’s Catastrophic Injury Practice Areas
Our client-focused team is passionate about pursuing compensation for you. In Miami, our personal injury practice areas include the following:
- Birth injury cases
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice cases
- Construction accidents
- Boating accidents
- Wrongful death cases
If you suffered a catastrophic injury in one of these or another type of accident not listed above, a Miami catastrophic injury attorney from our team can help you seek compensation from the at-fault party.
Proving the At-Fault Party’s Negligence
To compel the at-fault party in your accident to compensate you, we will obtain evidence that establishes the legal components of negligence. These include:
- The at-fault party had a responsibility to provide you with a duty of care
- The at-fault party failed to comply with this responsibility
- This failure caused your physical injuries
- The accident and your injuries had financial consequences
Obtaining your medical records can be time-consuming, since they will likely come from multiple healthcare, rehabilitation, and therapeutic physicians and facilities. We will not add stress or frustration to your post-accident experience by asking you to obtain evidence. Instead, we’ll handle this process for you, so you focus on getting better.
Find a Miami Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Near Me (305) 944-2035
The Life-Changing Impact of Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury has a devastating — often life-changing — impact on you and the people who love and care for you. This category of injury can include:
- One or multiple broken bones
- Limb or digit amputations
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- One or multiple birth injuries
- Full or partial paralysis
- Permanent disfiguring injuries
This list is not exhaustive, and you may have an injury that changed your life but does not appear here. The best way to determine whether a Miami catastrophic injury attorney from our team can help you obtain financial recovery for your injuries is by getting a free review of the details of your case.
Damages Our Law Firm May Help You Recover
Every client we represent has a unique and specific set of recoverable damages that will vary based on the severity of their injuries, the recovery process, and their injuries’ impact on their employment.
Your recoverable damages may include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Physical disability and disfigurement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
Our team will compile the documents and evidence that prove the cost of your current and future care and related expenses and losses.
Our History of Settlements and Verdicts
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we never stop fighting to win the compensation you need and deserve. Recent financial awards we obtained for injured clients include:
- A $22.1 million settlement for a catastrophic brain injury
- A $6.5 million settlement for a catastrophic injury case in federal court
- A $400,000 settlement for a slip and fall accident that caused a spine injury
View additional case results on our website and learn more about the compensation we fight hard to recover for injured clients and their families.
Chalik & Chalik Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me (305) 944-2035
Our Miami Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Can Handle Every Aspect of Your Case
Pursuing compensation for injured clients can be a complex process. To bolster and support your right to financial compensation, our client-focused team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers will:
- Identify the liable party or parties
- Calculate your financial damages
- Compile supporting documents
- Obtain and submit insurance forms
- Canvass for photos and video footage
- Communicate and correspond on your behalf
Your catastrophic injury lawyer representing clients in Miami will also handle every stage of the negotiation process and represent you in court if a settlement is not forthcoming.
Your personal injury case is time-sensitive, so we’ll ensure you do not run out of time to file a lawsuit if it becomes necessary. In Florida, you generally have:
- Four years to meet the personal injury statute of limitations, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a)
- Two years to meet the wrongful death statute of limitations, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d)
- Two years to meet the medical malpractice statute of limitations, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(b)
- Two years to meet the nursing home abuse statute of limitations, per Florida Statutes § 400.0236
Our legal team does more than ensure compliance with the statute of limitations exceptions. We’ll also ensure we account for any factors that may cause a fluctuation in your case’s filing deadline, per Florida Statutes § 95.051.
Most personal injury cases are settled out of court based on the weight and strength of the evidence. The evidence we collect in support of your catastrophic injury case may include:
- The accident report
- Accident scene photos
- Injury photos
- Medical records
- Salary history records
- Witness statements
- Written prognosis
- Your written statement
Our catastrophic injury attorneys serving Miami will leave no stone unturned in proving the cause and identifying the at-fault party in your case. We will collect evidence and prepare it for submission as part of negotiations or trial.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Catastrophic Injury Lawyer today
Get Your Free Catastrophic Injury Case Review Today
If you or a family member was seriously injured in a negligence-based accident, a Miami catastrophic injury lawyer from our team will work to prove the cause and costs of your injuries and related expenses.
Learn more about the compensation you may be entitled to receive by calling one of our team members at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to get your free case review today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (305) 944-2035