If you or a loved one suffered an injury while on a Miami airport’s premises, you may have a legal right to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against a negligent party. The personal injury attorneys at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you build an airport accident case involving any of Miami’s local airports, such as:
- Miami International Airport
- Miami Homestead General Aviation Airport
- Miami Executive Airport (KTMB), formerly known as Kendall-Tamiami Executive Airport
- Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport
- Miami Seaplane Base
We can assign a Miami airport accident lawyer to represent you after you call to speak with one of our team representatives. We are dedicated to fighting for every client we take on, so we’re ready to do what it takes to get the financial compensation you need.
What Kind of Miami Airport Accidents Qualify for a Personal Injury Case?
The following airport accident scenarios involve negligent actions and could qualify you for a personal injury case:
- Slip and fall accidents: If you slipped, tripped, or fell while on a Miami airport’s premises, you may have grounds to file a premises liability case against the airport. This includes slip and fall accidents that occurred in the terminal waiting areas, food court, retail store, restrooms, parking lot, and other areas in the airport.
- Pedestrian accidents: An airport’s drop-off and pick-off stations can be chaotic, as multiple vehicles may be in a rush to get in and out of the airport. Pedestrians crossing traffic can be vulnerable to getting hit if drivers aren’t paying enough attention.
- Automobile accidents: Alternatively, if you were involved in an automobile accident at the airport, you may be able to pursue compensation through a car accident claim or lawsuit.
- Escalator and elevator accidents: These accidents can involve falling down or up escalator steps, getting stuck inside elevators, getting something caught in the escalator grooves, and other machinery malfunctions.
- Construction accidents: Airports frequently perform renovations or property extension projects, which can put passersby at risk of falling debris, getting hit by construction equipment or machinery, and having scaffolding collapse over them.
- Airport machinery and vehicle accidents: These accidents may occur on any of the airport’s transport or utility equipment, such as shuttle buses, skyline trains, trams, floor cleaners, baggage carriers, and security vehicles.
- Boarding bridge accidents: Airport employees must abide by protocols to properly connect the boarding bridge to a plane. Failure to do so can result in falls or getting caught between the connection.
- Dog bite attacks: Airport guests bitten by an animal on the premises may have grounds to take legal action. Whether the animal was working for the airport (e.g., a security dog) or was owned by another traveler (e.g., a dog not inside its cage), we can help you determine who is liable for your injuries.
- Physical assaults: If another person inside the airport physically assaulted you, you may be able to take legal action against them if you suffered serious injuries.
If your injuries occurred during a different scenario in a Miami airport, our team member can review your situation during a free consultation and explain your legal options.
Find a Miami Airport Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (305) 944-2035
What Kind of Damages Can You Pursue in an Airport Accident Case in Miami?
You could pursue these economic and non-economic losses in a Miami airport accident case:
- Medical treatment expenses, past and future costs
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Past and future loss of wages, including benefits and pensions
- Property damage costs, such as cost of possessions inside your baggage, vehicle repair or replacement costs, and value of stolen items from your person
- Emotional distress, which includes depression, anxiety, and insomnia
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries affect your working abilities
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Impaired quality of life
This is not a conclusive list of damages, as each personal injury case is unique to the injured individual. Our Miami airport accident attorneys will work hard to hold the airline responsible for any accident that occurs in their terminals and pursue maximum compensation that fairly covers your damages.
Chalik & Chalik Airport Accidents Lawyer Near Me (305) 944-2035
What Can a Miami Airport Accident Lawyer Do to Build a Personal Injury Case?
If you work with a personal injury lawyer from our team, we will provide take care of the following tasks as part of the services we offer:
- Case investigation: We will review a copy of the airport accident report and investigate the situation to collect information about your case. We can also help retrieve evidence to support your claims, such as security camera footage, eyewitness testimony, and medical records.
- Administrative services: Our team will manage your case and provide updates as they occur. In the meantime, we’ll handle legal paperwork, motions, and other litigation tasks.
- Communication services: Our team can also handle messages or calls from other legal attorneys, insurance representatives, law enforcement officers, and court officials for you. This will help protect your case, as we know what phrasing won’t put you at risk of partial liability.
- Legal representation and counsel: Our attorneys will serve you both in and out of court. They will also counsel you on case decisions, such as whether you should file a lawsuit or agree to a settlement deal.
If you have additional questions about our services, one of our team representatives can go into more detail in a free consultation. Additionally, if you are unable to meet us in person because you’re injured in a hospital, one of our team members can visit you instead.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Airport Accidents Lawyer today
Do Miami Airport Accident Cases Have a Legal Deadline?
Yes. Per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(a), you generally have two years from the date of the airport accident to file a lawsuit for compensatory damages. While exceptions to this statutory limit exist in Florida Statutes § 95.051 that could extend or toll the deadline, you do not want to delay filing your case.
Failure to submit your case within its statutory window could result in a case dismissal, which would bar you from pursuing compensation through the Floridian legal system.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Miami, call (305) 944-2035
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a Miami-based airport, such as Miami International Airport, you may have grounds to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit. With a personal injury case, you can pursue financial compensation for your damages, including compensation for physical and emotional losses you’ve suffered.
A Miami airport accident lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you build your case and then represent you in litigation. Have more questions about our legal services or what your case might involve? Call now to speak with one of our team representatives in a free consultation. We’ll strategize your next move and then get started on your case right away. Start your legal pursuit today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (305) 944-2035