If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a delivery truck accident in Miami, FL, your life might be turned upside-down—especially if you have major injuries and expensive financial losses. How do you fight for the compensation you deserve?
The team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is here for you. Our Miami delivery truck accident lawyers can help recover your damages by negotiating with your insurer, the at-fault party’s insurer, or possibly even suing the trucking company on your behalf. To learn more, contact us today for a free case review.
Who Pays for a Delivery Truck Accident in Florida?
As a victim of a delivery truck accident (such as a FedEx or UPS truck), you should not have to pay anything at all. Ideally, insurance will pay for the repair or replacement of your vehicle, as well as any medical expenses or lost wages you incur. This compensation could come from your own insurer or the at-fault party’s insurer, depending on the circumstances of your case.
However, insurance typically does not cover all of a claimant’s damages, such as pain and suffering or other intangible damages. You may have to pursue these damages through a personal injury lawsuit instead. Your suit could be against the trucking company, the driver, or both. Our truck accident lawyers can discuss your options with you.
Find a Miami Delivery Truck Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (305) 944-2035
What Damages Can I Get After a Miami Delivery Truck Accident?
Some of the types of damages you may be able to recover through an insurance claim or lawsuit include:
- Medical bills and related expenses
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Other property damage
- Lost income
- Lost earning potential if you can no longer work in the same position (or return to work at all)
- Physical pain
- Mental or emotional suffering
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Other financial and non-financial losses
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a tragic delivery truck accident, please accept our sincere condolences. The team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help your family recover wrongful death damages such as:
- Final medical bills
- Burial or cremation expenses
- Future lost income
- Physical pain your loved one experienced
- Mental or emotional suffering your family is experiencing now
Chalik & Chalik Delivery Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (305) 944-2035
Why Should I Hire an Attorney After a Delivery Truck Accident?
With one of our Miami delivery truck accident lawyers by your side, you can focus on your health and your family—and leave all your legal concerns to us.
Your attorney can take on everything involved in building your case and recovering compensation, including:
- Identifying your damages: Your lawyer can identify both tangible and intangible damages that can be very difficult for a claimant to identify on their own.
- Calculating the total value of your damages: To claim these damages for you, your lawyer will use proven valuation methods to determine how much they are worth.
- Documenting your damages: Your lawyer can show the insurance company (or judge and jury) proof of your damages, including bills, receipts, and other documentation. Your lawyer may also consult expert witnesses, such as medical experts.
- Identifying the liable party: Your lawyer can gather evidence (such as data from the truck’s black box) to indicate if the liable party is the trucking company, the driver, or another party. Some truck accident cases have multiple liable parties.
- Proving that party’s liability: Using the available evidence, your lawyer must show each of the four legal elements of negligence in your case (duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and compensable damages).
- Negotiating for certain damages: Your lawyer may be able to negotiate for certain damages that insurers typically don’t cover, such as pain and suffering.
- Suing the liable party: If necessary, your lawyer can file a lawsuit and resolve your case before a judge and jury.
Can I Afford an Attorney?
You have nothing to lose by working with our firm because our Miami delivery truck accident lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis. In other words, we will not charge you any upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Instead, we will take a fee out of your settlement or verdict if we win your case. Otherwise, you owe us nothing.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Delivery Truck Accidents Lawyer today
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Truck Accidents in Florida?
Florida law recently reduced the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit from four years to two years from the date of the accident, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). To keep your legal options open, it is best to speak with our team as quickly as possible.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Miami, call (305) 944-2035
About Our Miami Delivery Truck Accident Lawyers
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our Miami truck accident lawyers have decades of experience with cases like yours, including negotiating with large insurance companies and litigating cases in court. We know how to handle anything that may come up, especially if the trucking company’s insurer tries to avoid responsibility for your damages.
Our experience has also taught us the importance of working with clients on a very personal level. As a client, you will work directly with our partners. We treat all clients like we would treat our own family members, understanding your need for compassion and legal guidance. Our team is here to support you every step of the way.
Contact Our Miami Delivery Truck Accident Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a delivery truck accident in Miami, FL, our firm can help recover your damages by negotiating with insurers or suing the trucking company or other liable party. We are fully prepared to go the extra mile if it helps you recover the compensation you deserve.
To learn more about our team and how we can help, contact Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation. During this meeting, we can discuss the details of your accident and answer any questions you have about your legal options. Let our lawyers handle your Miami delivery truck accident case, so you can move forward with your life.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (305) 944-2035