Sumitomo tire defects have caused numerous complaints and at least one product recall in the past few years. It is possible that defects in Sumitomo tires have caused roadway crashes, resulting in property damage and bodily injury. In some cases, victims of tire defects are unaware of the true cause of their crash and may never file a product liability claim.
Understanding your rights when it comes to tire defects and resulting damages is important to protecting yourself and your property. Manufacturers have a responsibility to produce safe and reliable products and should be held accountable when their failure to do so causes serious injuries.
Drivers in Florida and nationally have potentially realized the impact of driving on defective Sumitomo tires, and the following list of Sumitomo tire recalls and complaints is evidence of this fact.
Sumitomo Tire Recalls and Complaints
The following are Sumitomo tire recalls and complaints recorded by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Sumitomo Cyclone Radial GT: Recalled for potential belt separation in October 2006.
- Sumitomo 875R165: Two complaints received in 2008 and 2009, including one for premature tread wear on tires.
- Sumitomo HTRZII: Four complaints received between 2008 and 2014 for tire failures of multiple types.
- Sumitomo unspecified tires: Five complaints between 2007 and 2014, including shredded tires, bumps, blowout and faulty valve stems.
There are an additional 31 complaints for multiple tire problems including blowouts, explosions, dents and bubbles. If you feel that you’ve been affected by faulty tires manufactured by Sumitomo, contact an attorney that specializes in tire defect cases.
Florida Sumitomo Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Compensation if Defective Sumitomo Tires Cause an Accident
Whether or not tires are subject to a Sumitomo tire recall, if they were defective and caused an accident, victims can pursue compensation from the manufacturer.
After an accident, you will likely be facing some large and unexpected expenses. Repairs or replacement of damaged property or medical bills related to an injury sustained in a crash can be overwhelming and emotionally draining.
Some of the expenses you can expect to recover in a product liability suit include the following.
- Property damage: You may claim compensation for damages to your vehicle or other personal property.
- Medical bills: Be sure to keep a copy of all medical bills incurred for any injuries you suffered in the accident. The tire manufacturer will likely be liable for these costs if a tire defect caused your accident.
- Lost wages and future earning capacity: Any lost time at work or future reduced earning potential attributed to injuries from the crash may be recoverable in your product liability case.
- Pain and suffering: In some cases you can seek compensation for pain and suffering damages that resulted from the collision in question.
Discussing your options with an attorney can help clarify your options if defective tires caused the accident, even if they were never subject to a Sumitomo tire recall. An attorney will be knowledgeable about what information and evidence you need to support a lawsuit for product liability. A tire defect attorney will represent you in court if necessary.
Your attorney will do the following for you.
- prepare your case.
- follow up on all details.
- coordinate communication.
- advocate for fair compensation.
Call Chalik and Chalik for Legal Help if Victim of a Defective Tire
Chalik and Chalik Law Offices help people affected by recalled tires such as some of those produced by Sumitomo. Call us today at 855-529-0269 to set up a free consultation to review the details of your case and the legal avenues available to pursue compensation for damages.