When you go out on the water, you trust that the boat operator knows what they’re doing. Unfortunately, this is often not the case. Lack of proper training, safety precautions, or attention to hazards can result in injury—or worse.
If this describes what happened to you on a waterway in Boca Raton, our boating accident lawyers can investigate the cause of the accident and tie it to your injuries. We compile evidence of what happened to you and what you could recover from the liable party, and we do it all while keeping you updated at every turn.
Our Lawyers Seek Appropriate Damages After Your Injuries in Boca Raton
Our personal injury lawyers fight to make sure negligent parties recognize your worth. By that, we don’t just mean the worth of your injuries, but your worth as a human being whose life was upended by this accident. Damages should acknowledge the struggles you have faced personally.
To that end, we can pursue compensation for:
- Emergency care
- Medical equipment
- Psychological therapy
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
We don’t just pursue the cost of your bills, but also the cost to your peace of mind. For instance, if the crash left you afraid of the water, our attorneys could pursue compensation both for the suffering caused by that fear and the counseling needed to treat it.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we care about every aspect of your life that has been negatively impacted by this accident. Through our involvement in your case, we can work to make sure the other side cares too.
Fatal Boating Accidents Are Compensable for the Victim’s Family
Sadly, the U.S. Coast Guard reported that 658 people died in boating accidents in 2021. If this happened to your family member, we could support your pursuit of compensation with a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
We can help you receive reimbursement for the deceased’s end-of-life medical expenses, damages for the income you have lost due to their passing, pain and suffering you and your family have experienced, and more. We can also pursue compensation to cover funeral and burial expenses, helping you navigate the costs and rules outlined by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
In grief, it’s hard enough to manage daily responsibilities, let alone complicated legal issues on behalf of your lost loved one. Let our wrongful death lawyers handle the logistics of filling out paperwork, gathering evidence, and pursuing compensation.
Find a Boca Raton Boating Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (561) 826-4000
Our Lawyers Provide Compassionate Representation After a Boating Accident
We firmly believe that accident victims and their families don’t just need access to legal knowledge; they also need to know they have someone in their corner. Many lawyers can file your paperwork, but the team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers provides personalized representation.
With us, you can be assured that:
- We are available 24/7 for consultations
- Your initial strategy session with our team is free
- We can assist clients in Spanish
- Our team has won millions in settlements and verdicts
All of this means that we prioritize our clients to get results for them. When you hire our boating accident attorneys, your Boca Raton case is backed up by a full team of lawyers, staff, investigators, and paralegals. Each case gets the attention it deserves, even from our partners. We’re in this together.
Results and Reviews Display the Attention We Give Each Personal Injury Case
To know that we keep our promises to our clients, you can check out some of our testimonials:
- “This office is outstanding. The employees here are so kind and professional. They all go way and beyond to assist their clients.” – Rosalind Echevarria
- “I found Chalik and Chalik by googling them. I called a few different lawyers and received a phone call almost immediately. Mr. Chalik came out to my home to discuss my case and even referred me to a chiropractor next to where I live.” – Kelly Burns
- “I really can’t say enough great things about this Firm. Honest, ethical and great communicators.” – Charles Palminteri
We are also proud of what we have recovered for our clients, many of which suffered recreational accidents, including one case that settled for $500,000. Read about our case results to learn more.
Chalik & Chalik Boating Accidents Lawyer Near Me (561) 826-4000
Our Lawyers Can Investigate Your Boating Accident in Boca Raton
You don’t need to expend extra energy in trying to make sense of your crash. We can investigate your case while you recover from your injuries. Our team can:
- Research the history of the boat and its operator
- Determine if the operator had proper training or credentials
- Consult experts about the craft and possible causes of the accident
- Interview other passengers and witnesses
- Examine photos or videos of the incident and aftermath
- Investigate possible equipment or maintenance failures
These could all help highlight what happened to cause the accident and who was at fault.
We Will Identify Potential Negligent Parties in Your Boating Accident Case
In going over the evidence, we can determine if any of the following parties were responsible for your boating accident:
- Boat operators: Driving the boat while intoxicated
- Boat owners: Let an unlicensed driver operate the boat
- Equipment manufacturers: Design or production flaws and errors in installing parts or equipment
- Maintenance crews: Failure to replace faulty equipment, address issues, and otherwise maintain a safe craft
- Other passengers: Causing injuries due to intoxication or carelessness while onboard
More than one may have played a role. We could pursue multiple parties if we find that several negligent actions were a factor in causing your injuries.
Types of Boating Negligence We May Find Present in Your Accident Case
Boating accidents can be caused by reckless actions or a failure to act appropriately in a situation. Owners and operators could be held responsible if the driver was operating the boat:
- Under the influence
- While distracted
- Without proper training
- In inclement weather
- Without proper safety gear
- At unnecessarily high speeds
- Without heeding markers or signs
Your case may involve other forms of negligence. As long as someone caused a preventable injury, you could have grounds for a case.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Boating Accidents Lawyer today
Our Lawyers Can Evaluate Your Boating Accident Today
If you were hurt after a boating accident in Boca Raton, our lawyers could start strategizing on your case today. The team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is available 24/7, and your consultation is free. Contact our office now!
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (561) 826-4000