Many customers in Florida visit Dollar General to purchase the goods they need at discount prices. These stores can provide many useful items, but close-set aisles and potential spills can prove dangerous to customers as they may represent slipping hazards.
You could be able to secure compensation for your medical expenses and other losses if you were involved in a slip and fall accident. Speak with an injury lawyer for slip and fall accidents at Dollar General in Florida if you are facing this situation.
Causes for Slip and Fall Accidents in Dollar General
The owners of Dollar General stores have a responsibility to remove any hazards in their stores quickly. However, property owners sometimes shirk this responsibility, allowing dangerous situations to lie in wait for unsuspecting customers. A slip and fall accident could be caused by:
- A spill left behind by a leaking product.
- Puddles from rain or other precipitation.
- Icy sidewalks outside the store.
- A recently mopped floor that is not dry.
- Cracked or damaged floors.
- Poorly lit areas or debris in the aisle.
Any of these situations could cause you to slip and fall, leaving you with serious injuries and rising medical expenses. Make sure you’re ready to address these problems head-on by contacting the Law Offices of Chalik & Chalik now.
Florida Dollar General Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Evidence to Gather After a Dollar General Slip and Fall Accident
You can gather some evidence on your own if you slip and fall in a Dollar General store in Florida. Start building your case right away by:
- Taking pictures of the hazard that caused you to slip.
- Recording your injuries.
- Reporting your accident to store management.
- Getting a copy of the incident report.
- Speaking with any witnesses to get their contact information.
This information can serve as the initial basis for developing a premises liability claim after a slip and fall accident. Your lawyer can further research your accident by:
- Requesting video surveillance records.
- Interviewing all witnesses who saw the accident.
- Working with expert witnesses and forensic experts.
Let us get to work on your claim right now, before witnesses can forget what they saw and video evidence can be deleted.
Injuries Associated with Slip and Fall Accidents in Dollar General
Many individuals in Florida do not realize how dangerous a slip and fall accident can be. Even though you are unlikely to fall a great distance in a slip and fall accident, the impact with the ground can lead to a number of severe injuries, including:
- Sprains, fractures, and broken bones.
- Cuts, abrasions, and bruises.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and concussions.
- Injuries to your back, neck, and spine.
It is important that you get medical treatment right away after a slip and fall accident. This is because you can only get compensation for injuries caused by your slip and fall accident. Your lawyer can demonstrate that the accident resulted in your injuries if you have medical records showing that you received immediate treatment.
Types of Compensation for Florida Slip and Fall Accidents
We mentioned that you could secure compensation for your medical expenses following a Dollar General slip and fall accident. Depending upon your exact situation, a slip and fall lawyer could work to get you damages for your:
- Emergency medical care and medical transport expenses.
- Surgeries and other medical procedures.
- Over the counter and prescription medications.
- Ongoing medical care and rehabilitation expenses.
Here at the Law Offices of Chalik & Chalik, we can also help you get compensation for lost wages at work and lost earning potential. Jason and Debi Chalik can even fight to ensure your pain, suffering, and mental anguish are appropriately compensated following a slip and fall accident.
Additionally, we will not accept any payment for legal fees unless we bring you the damages you need to move forward with your life. Start getting the dedicated support you need after slipping and falling in Dollar General by contacting us now.
Call the Professionals After a Dollar General Slip and Fall Accident
You can get the legal advice you need after a slip and fall accident by contacting the Law Offices of Chalik & Chalik. Complete our online contact form or call 855-529-0269 to speak with our injury lawyers for slip and fall accidents at Dollar General in Florida today. Review all your legal options with a free consultation.