Boating Accident Lawyer in Miami, FL
Boating trips are meant to be entertaining and memorable. One boater who fails to follow local laws or take necessary safety precautions for operating a boat can cause a serious accident.
Boating accidents can lead to severe injuries and expensive medical costs. If a boating accident caused your injuries or caused the wrongful death of a loved one, contact a boating accident lawyer in Miami, FL today at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at 305-944-2035.
Florida’s Boating Regulations
Florida has strict laws and regulations all boaters must follow:
- All motorized boats 16-feet or longer must be registered.
- Boaters may not leave the scene of an injury accident without first alerting authorities.
- Boating operators must not drive recklessly or dangerously.
- Boats must have approved safety equipment.
- Boaters must follow all posted zones, including idle, no wake, and minimum wake zones.
- Boat drivers may not operate while under the influence of alcohol.
- All boating passengers must wear a personal floatation device.
In addition, watercrafts must follow approved boating hours. These important laws are one of the reasons why the minimum age to operate a boat in Florida is 14.
Common Causes of Boating Accidents
Since Florida is a popular boating state, boating accidents on its waterways happen. The more common causes include:
- Collision with other boats
- Collision with land
- Passengers falling into the water
- Boat fires
- Collision with obstacles in the water
- Capsizing or flooding
- Operating a boat under the influence
- Failing to follow the local boating laws
Recoverable Damages After a Miami Boating Accident
The damages associated with a boating accident can be expensive. Florida allows us to recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical bills
- Emergency fees
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
Florida’s Boating Accident Statute of Limitations
It is important to stay within Florida’s statute of limitations as they apply to boating accidents.
Florida requires us to file all boating accident cases within four years from the date of the accident. Contact a boating accident attorney as soon as possible at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at 305-944-2035 to help you remain within these strict time limits.
How We Can Help You With Your Miami Boating Accident Case
There are many important details involved in a boating accident. It is important for us to understand these details in order to evaluate the best legal steps. The complimentary consultation gives us the chance to review your case.
In order to seek compensation, we need to prove fault. We will need to establish the four important elements of personal injury:
- Duty of Care: we must establish the responsible party held a legal duty of care for your well-being and safety. All boaters owe others a duty of care.
- Breach of Duty: we must provide evidence the responsible party breached duty of care, such as by operating the boat in an aggressive manner.
- Causation: we must also prove the defendant’s negligence caused the boating accident to occur.
- Damages: we must demonstrate you suffered damages because of the accident.
Representing You in Your Time of Need
Boating accidents often lead to severe injuries and include the risk of drowning. A personal injury lawyer will manage your legal process and keep you up to date about your case while you focus on your health and well-being.
Why Hire a Boat Accident Lawyer in Miami, FL
Whether you were in a boating accident while cruising along or anchored on the coastline, work with a boating accident lawyer who can help.
We can assist you with your boating accident case by getting you the compensation you deserve. Call a boating accident lawyer in Miami, FL today at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at 305-944-2035.