If you or a loved one contracted an infection or illness after receiving services at a Miami nail salon, you may qualify to demand compensation for your damages. A Miami nail salon negligence lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can represent you and help you fight for your financial recovery.
Our Miami personal injury lawyers have a track record of success in nail salon negligence cases and are ready to help you.
You May Qualify to File a Nail Salon Claim or Lawsuit if You Were Injured
Because nail services involve handling people’s hands and feet, these procedures require extensive hygienic practices, so workers and patrons can remain safe. Skin residue, bacteria, and bodily fluids can transfer disease via contact, so nail salons must stay on top of disinfecting their tools and cleaning their workspaces adequately. Consequences can involve severe infections and even death if nail salon workers aren’t careful.
According to Verywell Health, some of the most common infections that patrons can get after going to nail salons include:
- Fungal infections such as paronychia
- Bacterial infections such as mycobacterium fortuitum
- MRSA infection, a type of staph infection that can be difficult to treat
- Bloodborne diseases, such as HIV or hepatitis B or C
- Hand or foot warts caused by HPV
If you or a loved one suffered any of the above infections or contracted another disease or illness after getting nail services at a Miami salon, you may have grounds to sue the nail salon for compensation.
A Miami nail salon negligence attorney from our law firm can look into your case to see if negligence might have contributed to your injuries and discuss potential strategies to pursue financial awards on your behalf.
Find a Miami Nail Salon Negligence Lawyer
Near Me (305) 944-2035
Our Miami Nail Salon Attorneys Will Fight for Your Right to Compensation
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our legal team has helped clients win six- and seven-figure verdicts and settlements for various personal injury cases, including nail salon negligence cases. If you are a victim of a negligent nail salon in Miami and suffered injuries as a result, you may qualify to demand compensation for various damages, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Income loss
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning potential
- Diminished quality of life
This is not a complete list of damages you may pursue, as your case will include the unique damages you suffered. For example, if you developed an allergy to methacrylate due to improper curing of acrylic gel polish, this can prevent you from being able to interact with various medical products, such as implants or dentures, according to The Independent. This may mean seeking alternative treatments for medical care.
Our team will calculate how much compensation to seek on your behalf based on your damages and work to collect evidence to support our reasoning.
Chalik & Chalik Nail Salon Negligence Lawyer Near Me (305) 944-2035
How a Miami Nail Salon Negligence Lawyer Can Build Your Case
If you decide to work with a Miami personal injury lawyer from our firm, we offer to do the following services for you:
- Investigate your case to determine whether negligent business practices led to your illness or injury
- Collect evidence to support your claims, such as photographs of your symptoms and medical records documenting your treatment journey
- Record testimony statements from medical expert witnesses who can give insight on what likely caused your injuries
- Handle communications with the defendant’s legal team and any insurance representatives or court officials who reach out to you for statements
- Fill out legal paperwork on your behalf and submit documents within Florida’s statute of limitations found in Florida Statutes § 95.11
- Meet with the defendant’s legal team to negotiate a potential settlement for your case
- Prepare your case for trial if necessary
Our legal team also offers to counsel you during strategy sessions for your case. If you have any questions or concerns, you can bring up those points to get answers from our team. We’ll always be transparent with you, as we treat all our clients like family.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Nail Salon Negligence Lawyer today
Nail Salons in Miami Must Abide by Floridian Disinfection Laws
Nail salons in Miami must follow state disinfection laws found in 61G5-20.002, which include the following standards:
- Nail salons must clean and disinfect tools between each use when serving patrons, meaning the technician must wash their tools with soap and water and then submerge those tools in disinfectant chemical solutions before reusing tools on another patron.
- Nail salons must use hospital-grade chemical solutions to disinfect their tools and keep them in clean, closed containers or ultra-violet irradiation boxes.
- Nail salon owners must replace and keep adequate numbers of tools in supply so that technicians can properly disinfect them between each use without disrupting or delaying appointments.
- Nail technicians must clean pedicure basins between each use and clean basin parts, such as filters and jets, at the end of each day.
If you noticed that a nail salon in Miami failed to comply with these standards when servicing you, you can report the salon to the Division of Business & Professional Regulation (DBPR).
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Miami, call (305) 944-2035
Get a Free Nail Salon Negligence Case Review from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one was injured in a nail salon in Miami due to negligent business practices, you may qualify to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit and demand compensation for your damages. A Miami nail salon negligence lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can serve your case by investigating what led to your injuries, collecting evidence, and representing you as they pursue compensation on your behalf.
Contact us today to speak with a member of our team about your case. We can review your options and potential strategies for your legal pursuits. Our Miami nail salon negligence attorneys also work on a contingency fee basis, so you won’t owe any attorney’s fees unless we win your case. Call now to begin building your case.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (305) 944-2035