With over one million registered vessels, Florida is the boating capital of the world, according to WFTV 9. It’s no wonder, then, that it is also the state with the highest number of boating accidents. Per the U.S. Coast Guard, Florida saw 723 boating accidents in 2021 alone. If you or someone you love was injured in a boating accident, you may be eligible for compensation.
If the negligence or recklessness of another caused your accident, a Pembroke Pines boating accident lawyer may be able to help you. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can provide a free consultation to discuss your case and answer your legal questions.
When Should I Call a Boating Accident Lawyer in Pembroke Pines?
Boating accidents can lead to serious injuries or death. Even if the accident wasn’t your fault, you could be left with the responsibility of paying your medical bills and any other associated expenses.
That’s where a Pembroke Pines boating accident lawyer steps in. We can file an insurance claim or lawsuit to pursue just compensation on your behalf. You should consider speaking with a personal injury attorney serving Pembroke Pines if a boating accident caused:
- Bodily injury that required emergency medical care, surgical procedures, or diagnostic testing.
- Property damage to your boat, jet ski, paddleboard, another personal watercraft, or dock.
Find a Pembroke Pines Boating Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (954) 681-4276
Seek the Compensation You Deserve After a Pembroke Pines Boating Accident
Boating accidents can leave you with broken bones, contusions, lacerations, or head injuries. These injuries must be treated at a hospital, resulting in medical expenses. Additionally, the injuries could lead to other financial, mental, or emotional harm.
You may be entitled to recover compensation for each of these things in Florida. In the legal world, we refer to this compensation as damages, and it is the negligent party’s financial responsibility to pay them.
A Pembroke Pines boat accident attorney at our firm can help you seek money for:
- Income lost due to inability to work
- Hospital stays and doctors’ visits
- Surgeries and other medical expenses
- Medical equipment and devices
- Damage to your boat, personal watercraft, water safety equipment, or dock
- Cost of transportation
- Head, neck, or back injuries
- Burns, scarring, or disfigurement
- Amputated limbs
- Reduced enjoyment of activities
- Emotional distress
- Decreased quality of life
By no means is the above an exhaustive list of damages. Your personal injury attorney can help determine all the losses you are entitled to receive compensation for.
Wrongful Death Action
If you lost a loved one due to operator carelessness, malfunctioning equipment or machinery, or another form of negligence, you can file a claim for wrongful death. In a wrongful death action, you may recover damages such as:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost household income
- Lost companionship
- Pain and suffering
Chalik & Chalik Boating Accidents Lawyer Near Me (954) 681-4276
Our Law Firm Takes on a Variety of Boating Accident Cases
“Boating accident” is a broad term to describe most accidents involving a water-related activity. Your accident does not have to strictly involve a boat. If you were hurt while jet skiing, paddleboarding, or diving, these are still considered boating accidents.
We may be able to take your case if it relates to a water-based activity and involves situations like:
- Drug or alcohol intoxication
- Fishing accidents
- Distracted vessel operators
- Boat collisions
- Jet ski or other personal watercraft accidents
- Water skiing, parasailing, surfboarding, kitesurfing, or other water sports
- Falling overboard
- Swimmers, snorkelers, or divers struck by vessels on the water
- Propeller injuries
We Offer Personal Attention and Professional Service to Our Clients in Pembroke Pines
No matter what type of boating accident case you have, our injury lawyers serving South Florida will dedicate the time and resources to achieve the best possible outcome. Personal attention and professional service are the pride of our law firm.
Clients work directly with our firm’s partners, Jason and Debi Chalik, in pursuing compensation. You can relax and focus on your recovery while we handle the details of your case. Our clients are usually relieved to know they don’t have to deal with an insurance company or handle phone calls. We will see to your case by:
- Investigating your accident, including determining whether the at-fault party violated Florida or federal boating regulations
- Retrieving evidence of fault and injuries, such as medical records, photos, vessel registration records, call and text logs, and dispatcher or radio communications
- Managing communications with defending parties, attorneys, and insurance companies
- Valuing your case by totaling your expenses and losses
- Sending a demand letter for compensation or filing an insurance claim
- Negotiating a fair settlement in your best interests
- Filing a lawsuit against the negligent party, if necessary
- Keeping you up-to-date on developments in your case
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Boating Accidents Lawyer today
Common Causes of Boating Accidents in Florida
Among Florida counties, Broward County ranked fourth in the highest number of registered vessels and sixth in boating accidents in 2021, according to a report from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC).
Some of the causes of boating accidents in Florida include:
- Operator inattention or no proper lookout
- Operator inexperience
- Careless or reckless conduct
- Alcohol or drug use
- Failure to vent fumes
- Making a sharp turn
- Congested waters
- Navigation rule violations
- Machinery failure
- Obstructed vision
- Fuel vapor ignition
Residents of Pembroke Pines and surrounding areas should be vigilant about boater education, water safety, and maintaining a proper lookout as they engage in boating and other water-based activities.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Pembroke Pines, call (954) 681-4276
Most Common Types of Boating Accidents in Florida
Some of the most common types of boating accidents in Florida include:
- Collision with another vessel or fixed object
- Falling overboard
- Being struck by a skeg or propeller
- Flooding (swamping)
- Vessel wake damage
- Fire or explosion
- Falling inside a boat or other watercraft
Don’t Face Your Boating Accident Alone; Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one is facing the aftermath of a boating accident, you don’t have to do it alone. A Pembroke Pines boating accident lawyer at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you seek the compensation you need and deserve for your injuries and losses.
We’ve secured millions of dollars for personal injury clients like you. Call us today to set up a free consultation. You owe us nothing unless we win your case.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (954) 681-4276