What actions should I take if I am in a car accident?

If you are in a car accident, you should record information as soon as possible regarding how and where the accident occurred, and the parties who were involved. In the event there were any witnesses, get their names and contact information. Keep a copy of the police report, and write down information about the other motorists, including their license plate numbers, insurance information and phone numbers.

In addition, if you seek medical attention, retain a list of all medical providers who treated you for the injuries you suffered. Generally, you have four years in which to file a personal injury lawsuit in Florida. However, the time period may differ due to the circumstances under which the accident occurred, such as the age of the plaintiff, the kind of personal injury claim, the specific facts that caused the injury and when you first discovered the injury.

Other Frequently Asked Questions:

Get a Free Consultation

If you have an injury case, you have an attorney at Chalik & Chalik. Never pay a fee unless you win.

Call Us Today at (855) 529-0269
We have experience representing victims in all types of personal injury cases in South Florida

No fee unless your case is successful
We work hard to provide quality representation and personal service to our clients, and will fight for your right to recover the benefits you deserve. Call our offices or fill out our form to schedule your free initial consultation today!

Watch Us On

Chalik & Chalik attorneys are recognized as authorities by national media.

Download Our Free eBook

Car Accident Victims: 7 Mistakes to Avoid!