Farmers is a well-known insurance company in Florida. While there are benefits in choosing a large insurance company, such as the discounts you can earn by bundling different types of policies, there is also a downside. You could experience poor customer service and a difficult claims process.
If you were injured in an auto collision and are insured with this group, our Florida Farmers car insurance claim lawyer can guide you through the legal process. We provide everything you need to build a strong claim and help you avoid common mistakes that often result in underpaid settlements or unfair denials. You deserve to recover fair compensation after a car accident in Florida.
What Are Your Legal Options Under Farmers Insurance After a Florida Car Accident?
After a car accident in Florida, you can file a claim under your own policy, regardless of who is at fault. Florida Statutes § 627.736 requires insurance policies to include personal injury protection (PIP), which pays for a percentage of your medical bills and lost income up to policy limits. Keep in mind that there may be a time limit for filing a claim with Farmers auto insurance, so it is best to notify them early to avoid problems later.
PIP only covers certain losses up to policy limits, so you may not receive compensation for all the losses you suffered because of your car accident. Our Florida car insurance claim lawyer can help you file a third-party lawsuit against the at-fault driver for serious injuries that cause significant scarring, loss of bodily function, or other permanent damage.
Find a Florida Farmers Car Insurance Claim Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
How Can a Florida Farmers Car Insurance Claim Lawyer Help Your Case?
Often, policyholders give statements to their insurance company, believing they will be fairly treated. However, the information you provide with good intentions could harm your case, and ultimately, your settlement offer. The stronger your initial claim, the less wiggle room there is for insurance companies to delay, deny, or undervalue your claim.
Our lawyers help you determine your legal options before you file your claim. We manage the legal process for you, including all communications with the insurance company.
Here are a few ways we support our clients:
- Being available to answer your questions
- Managing every aspect of the legal process on your behalf
- Providing regular case updates
- Investigating the facts of the accident to determine fault
- Gathering evidence to support your claim
- Evaluating the physical, emotional, and financial impact of the accident to avoid accepting an offer without knowing how much your injury will cost you.
- Negotiating for an appropriate settlement
If you have already made a claim and feel frustrated with how Farmers managed your case, do not worry. Remember, you are not obligated to accept a settlement offer after a car accident, and you may have options if your claim is denied.
Whether you are about to make a claim or are frustrated with how Farmers managed your case, we can help. We know how stressful it is to be involved in an auto accident. We can manage your case while you focus on your well-being and recovery.
Chalik & Chalik Farmers Car Insurance Claim Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Did Farmers Auto Insurance Act in Bad Faith?
Florida’s bad faith insurance laws, or Florida Statutes § 624.155, are designed to protect policyholders from unfair practices on the part of their insurers. Simply put, bad faith is an intentional, dishonest, or unfair act that happens when an insurance company violates the terms of the insurance policy and unfairly denies, delays, or under-settles claims. Some examples of bad faith insurance practices include:
- Delaying decisions related to the claim
- Denying a claim without providing a reason
- Failing to investigate the accident you are filing a claim about
- Failing to defend a claim brought against a policyholder
- Ignoring evidence that supports the policyholder’s basis for making a claim
- Making threatening statements
- Making unreasonable demands for medical records or other documents
- Misrepresenting policy language and contract terms
- Nondisclosure of policy provisions and exclusions
- Refusing reasonable requests for documentation
- Refusing to cover a claim
- Undervaluing claims
If your insurance company or a liable third party’s insurer has acted in bad faith, we can help you investigate the cause and sue them for failing to meet their legal or contractual obligations. Unlike the restricted coverage of PIP, insurers can be sued for damages over and above policy limits in bad faith lawsuits. These cases are legally complex, so if you have concerns about bad-faith insurance practices, we can help you determine your legal options.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Farmers Car Insurance Claim Lawyer today
Helpful Tips if You Are Filing a Claim With Farmers after a Florida Auto Accident
After your car accident, there are a few steps you can take that will help you when you begin filing your claim. You can:
- Gather and retain as much evidence as possible to support your claim, such as photographs taken at the scene, driver and witness contact details, or visual evidence of your injuries.
- Keep a record of the expenses you have stemming from the accident. Bills, receipts, and invoices can help us keep track of your expenses.
- Avoid speaking with the insurance company until you have consulted a Florida Farmers car insurance claim lawyer.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Florida, call (855) 529-0269
Our Farmers Insurance Claim Settlement Lawyers Are Here to Help You
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we aim to make the legal process as stress-free as possible for you. You will work directly with our partners Jason and Debi Chalik. This unique level of client-focused attention makes a difference in the genuine relationships we build with our clients and the results we obtain on their behalf.
To learn more about your legal options related to claims with Farmers insurance, contact us. A member of our team can explain how our Florida Farmers car insurance claim lawyer can help you during a free consultation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269