Florida Cerebral Palsy Birth Injury Attorney
No woman wants to hear that her child suffered cerebral palsy at birth. What was supposed to be a joyous time is now an emotional and terrifying time for you and your family, as you try to deal with all the challenges and difficulties that a birth injury brings.
After learning of your infant’s Florida birth injury, you most likely are going to be overwhelmed — this was something you were probably not prepared to hear. Knowing your child is suffering causes you to hurt as well, and what is even more saddening is that this type of injury could have been prevented. Finding out how this happened and the causes of Cerebral Palsy are among the top things you start researching. Let us help!
If you think a doctor’s negligence caused cerebral palsy, a parent needs to understand what to do next:
- First, contact a Florida birth injury lawyer at Chalik & Chalik to investigate your case.
- Your lawyer will instruct you to request all medical records related to your labor, delivery, and your nine months of pregnancy checkups.
- Remember, your doctor is not going to want to admit error or that medical negligence occurred and will most likely argue that this birth injury was caused by other factors.
If you believe that your child’s cerebral palsy was caused by the doctor’s negligence or failure to perform a C-section in time, you may have rights to recovery. Receiving compensation will not take away your pain or your baby’s South Florida birth injury, but it will allow you access to the needed therapies and medical treatment your child will need for life.
Find a Florida Cerebral Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
If Your Newborn Suffers Cerebral Palsy, a Florida Birth Injury Lawyer Explains What to Do Next
You may have pushed for several hours during childbirth just to hold your newborn in your hands. Now you find your doctor uttering the words “cerebral palsy.” The picture-perfect moment you had in your mind quickly vanished. All you can think about now are the words your doctor just said.
You may have been quickly overwhelmed with fear, anger, and sadness, and your mind may have been full of the following questions:
- What is cerebral palsy?
- How did it occur?
- Why does your baby have it?
- Is it treatable?
- What should you know about it in order to help your newborn recover?
In the moments after finding out about your baby’s Florida birth injury, you may not have asked all of those questions, as you may have been shocked. Sometimes, doctors do not have the best approach and do not answer all of your critical questions.
As Florida cerebral palsy birth injury lawyers, this is why we like to educate parents about different birth injuries that occur during childbirth that could have been caused by negligent doctors. We like to give you correct information so that you can make informed decisions on what to do following your newborn’s birth injury.
The following are answers to the common questions listed above:
- Cerebral palsy is a birth injury that affects a baby’s quality of life and causes brain damage or other disabilities for life.
- This birth injury typically occurs because a doctor fails to perform a C-section in time. When a baby is deprived of oxygen for too long during childbirth, this type of birth injury happens.
- Your baby may have suffered Cerebral Palsy because your doctor made a medical mistake during the labor and delivery process or failed to order a cesarean section in time.
- Sadly, cerebral palsy is not curable.
- There are some treatments and therapies that can help children with cerebral palsy manage their disabilities and injuries better.
If you are a parent of a child with cerebral palsy in Florida, you need to talk with a knowledgeable Florida birth injury lawyer at Chalik & Chalik today to seek justice and find out more about your rights. Your child will need ongoing medical care and therapy for life, and you will need to make sure you are compensated adequately to make sure your child gets the treatment he or she requires.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269