If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be struggling to make ends meet. Medical bills and the cost of repairs can pile up during your recovery, and these expenses are compounded if your injuries force you to spend time away from work.
You do not have to face these challenges alone. Let a Florida motorcycle accident lawyer help you pursue the compensation you deserve for your injuries, expenses, and other losses.Call Chalik&Chalik Injury Lawyers at 855-529-0269 today for a freeconsultation.
Contributing Factors in Your Florida Motorcycle Accident
Many factors typically contribute to the cause of motorcycle accidents. Some examples we commonly see include:
- Ignoring traffic signals
- Merging, turning, or changing lanes without signaling
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving
- Road rage
A Florida motorcycle accident lawyer can help you determine if these or other factors contributed to your accident and pursue compensation for your damages from the liable party.
Florida Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Determining Liability After Your Florida Motorcycle Accident
After we review the details of your case, our team will work to demonstrate the at-fault party’s negligence. There are four things we must prove in your personal injury case to establish liability:
Duty of Care
All drivers have a responsibility toward other motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians. When you accept a driver’s license, you agree to obey the rules of the road and to drive safely.
Breach of Duty
A driver breaches their duty of care when they disregard the rules of the road. This negligence can take many forms, and includes speeding, running red lights, ignoring traffic signals, and driving while fatigued, distracted, or intoxicated.
We must demonstrate that the breach of duty resulted in the accident. For example, if a driver was distracted by a text message and merged into your motorcycle without signaling or checking their blind spots, we can argue that these negligent actions caused the accident.
Finally, we must show that the accident caused by the liable party’s negligence led to your injuries, expenses, and other losses.
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident, our team can help you pursue the compensation you deserve. We know what damages are and how they apply to personal injury cases in Florida. Call Chalik&Chalik Injury Lawyers today at 855-529-0269 for a free case evaluation.
Compensation You Can Recover After a Florida Motorcycle Accident
Depending on the details of your case, you could be eligible to pursue a wide range of damages associated with your accident. While we cannot make an accurate estimate before investigating your specific situation, examples of damages we are typically able to recover in motorcycle accidents include:
- Medical costs (hospital fees, doctor’s fees, emergency transportation, and surgery costs)
- Ongoing care costs (rehabilitation, physical therapy, prescriptions, and mobility aids)
- Property damage (repairs to your motorcycle, protective equipment, and other impacted vehicles)
- Lost wages from time spent away from work during your recovery
- Diminished earning capacity, if your injury affects your ability to work in the future
- Pain and suffering
Our team can help you cope with grief after the sudden loss of a loved one. If a loved one passed away after their Florida motorcycle accident, we can also help by filing a wrongful death claim to recover compensation for additional damages, such as funeral and burial costs, loss of consortium, and loss of future wages. We will handle every aspect of your case for youso that you can focus on your family.
How a Florida Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
When you partner with the team at Chalik&Chalik Injury Lawyers, you are partnering with compassionate advocates who will fight to protect your rights.
Some of the many ways a Florida motorcycle accident lawyer can help with your case include:
- Managing communications. We can handle all the back-and-forth that takes place between the responsible party, their insurance company, and their legal representation on your behalf.
- Investigating evidence. We can give your case a thorough evaluation, reviewing evidence like medical records, police reports, and witness statements to build a strong case that supports your claim for compensation.
- Establishing liability. We can call upon expert witnesses and forensic analysts to provide additional evidence that demonstrates the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Negotiating compensation. We will fight for a fair settlement that compensates you for your injuries, losses, and other expenses. If we are unable to come to an equitable agreement, we will not hesitate to fight for your rights in court.
- Meeting deadlines. The state of Florida requires most personal injury claims to be made within four years of the accident. That sounds like a long time, but the sooner we get started, the easier it will be to collect the evidence we need to build a strong case on your behalf.
Call a Florida Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today