If you’ve been injured recently, financial problems are just one of many potential consequences. You may be struggling with work or are burdened by medical bills and other costs eating into your income. Perhaps you’re already behind and are looking for a way to get money back into your pocket for your everyday needs.
If you got hurt in the Florida Keys, you might be eligible for compensation. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is a Florida personal injury law firm that helps people who get injured because of the negligence of others. We handle a wide variety of injury insurance claims and lawsuits, so we know how to handle the unique challenges of your case. See how a Florida Keys personal injury lawyer can help you today.
Recoverable Damages In Personal Injury Claims In The Florida Keys
The kind and the amount of compensation you can receive will depend on the circumstances of your case. Here are some common kinds of damages:
- Lost wages. Time spent recovering from injuries results in lost hours and paychecks at work.
- Decreased earning potential. Ongoing problems during and after treatment for your injury can cause you to earn less than you would otherwise.
- Medical expenses. These can include costs for treatment, medicine, and physical therapy.
- Pain and suffering. The mental and emotional toll an injury takes can also be worth compensation.
Find a Florida Keys Personal Injury Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Types Of Florida Keys Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our team has handled the following types of injury cases:
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Construction accidents
- Birth injuries
- Car collisions
- Defective drugs or medical devices
- Dog bites
- Failed tires and other car parts
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle crashes
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall cases
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death claims
This list is not exhaustive, so if you don’t see your situation listed, don’t give up. Please reach out to us to find out if we can help you.
Chalik & Chalik Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Who You Can Sue For Your Injuries
Typically, you can sue any party whose negligence caused your injury. For example, if a drunk driver passed out behind the wheel and crashed into your car, you could sue the drunk driver. If a physician harmed you by committing medical malpractice, you can file a claim against the doctor. If your wreck happened because a defective tire had a blowout, the tire maker can be liable.
Determining liability can be complex and can include multiple parties. Luckily, you don’t have to figure out who is at fault on your own. Your personal injury lawyer will work with you to figure out who is responsible for your injury.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Personal Injury Lawyer today
How Insurance Companies Usually Handle Personal Injury Claims
Insurance companies investigate accidents and pay the damages when you file a personal injury claim. Using a car accident as an example, here is the basic outline of the insurance claims process when claimants do not have a lawyer to intercede for them:
- The drivers exchange automobile liability insurance information at the scene of the accident.
- When they get home, the drivers notify their respective insurance companies and share the contact information of the other drivers.
- The insurance company assigns an adjuster to handle any claims for compensation that might arise against their insured driver.
- The claims adjuster reaches out to all the parties involved to gather information for their investigation.
- After reviewing the police report and other evidence, the claims adjuster assesses who is at fault in the collision and how much money the other parties might claim for their losses with their own insurance providers.
- The claims adjuster tries to resolve insurance claims against their insured driver if that driver caused the accident.
- The claim will either get denied by the insurance company or settled with the injured party.
This process can make it feel like you are powerless against the verdict of an uncaring system. Thankfully, a Florida personal injury lawyer at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can be your go-between with the insurance company. Our lawyers can fight for you to get fair treatment and proper compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Florida Keys, call (855) 529-0269
We Can Help Prove Liability In Your Case
According to the American Bar Association, all four of these elements are required before we can hold someone financially accountable for your losses:
- The person must have owed you a duty of care. For example, a restaurant has a duty to mop up spills promptly to keep floors safe for customers.
- The person in question breached their duty. The person responsible for cleaning up spills did not do so in a timely manner.
- The carelessness of the defendant caused the accident. The manager knew there were spills that made the floor slippery but did nothing to fix the situation.
- You must have damages from the accident. You suffered an injury and are now suffering emotionally, mentally, or financially.
We can go after the defendant for damages when we can present evidence that satisfies these requirements.
How A Florida Keys Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
You don’t have to go through the insurance claims process by yourself. After you become a client, you get to focus on getting the rest you need to get better. We can take care of everything else. If the insurer refuses to pay a fair amount for your injury claim, we can file a lawsuit seeking compensation.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we treasure our clients and treat them like family. You will work directly with a partner from our firm. If we take your case, we will do so on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you do not pay any upfront legal fees to get our help. Even the initial consultation is free and with no obligation. You can reach out today to get started.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269