Golf cart accidents can range from accidentally driving into canals or other bodies of water to colliding with vehicles on the road. Yet, unlike motor vehicles that have metal bodies as protection, golf carts leave occupants vulnerable to severe injury and even death.
If you or a loved one was injured in a golf cart accident in Tampa, Florida, you may qualify to file for compensation in a personal injury claim or lawsuit. You can work with our Tampa golf cart accident lawyers from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, Jason and Debi, to build your case against a potentially liable party. Our team offers the first consultation for free to review your case details and see what options you may have to pursue compensation.
You May Have Grounds to Demand Compensation for Your Damages
Golf carts are generally not street-legal unless you modify them, and even so, they leave occupants vulnerable to road hazards. Unlike standard vehicles, which have metal frame barriers and strong tempered auto glass to protect their occupants, golf carts are open vehicles made just for conveyance. They do not compare in safety. Should a person inside a golf cart collide with a motor vehicle, they are likely to be thrown out of the vehicle and suffer catastrophic injuries, such as a traumatic brain injury.
Still, if you suffered injuries because a negligent driver collided with you, then that driver should be held accountable for your damages. A Tampa golf cart accident lawyer from our team can review your damages and determine how much compensation we should pursue to recover your losses. To start, our team will divide your losses into the following categories:
Economic Damages Claimed in Golf Cart Accident Cases
Economic damages include all financial-related losses, including loans you had to take out to cover certain expenses. These damages may include:
- Medical treatment costs, such as costs for surgeries, emergency room treatment, or doctor’s appointments
- Lost income, including benefits, bonuses, and paid time off
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot return to work or earn your pre-injury income
- Property damage costs, such as costs to repair the golf cart or your vehicle if it was damaged in the collision
Our team will collect financial documents to prove the value of your economic damages, which may include receipts, tax forms, and bill statements.
Non-Economic Damages Claimed in Golf Cart Accident Cases
Non-economic damages include physical, emotional, and mental losses or injuries you suffered as a result of the accident. These damages may include:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional distress, which includes depression and anxiety
- Psychological trauma, including diagnosed post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life or loss of independence
- Loss of enjoyment in former hobbies and activities since the accident
Each personal injury case is unique, so you may claim other types of damages not mentioned in this article. Our team will discuss how the golf cart accident affected you, then calculate a figure that fairly reflects the extent of your damages.
Wrongful Death Damages Claimed in Golf Cart Accident Cases
As mentioned, golf carts do not provide enough protection to occupants during collisions, which can leave them vulnerable to severe injury. In worst cases, golf cart passengers can die in motor vehicle collisions. If you lost a loved one in a golf car accident in Tampa, you may qualify to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit on their behalf and demand compensation for damages, such as:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Medical debts
- Loss of parental guidance for the surviving child(ren)
- Loss of companionship or consortium for the surviving spouse
We understand that moving forward with a legal case can seem daunting when you are preoccupied with the aftermath of a loved one’s death. When you hire a Tampa golf cart accident attorney from our firm to work with you, our team will manage your case for you while you grieve in private. We will send updates as necessary.
Find a Tampa Golf Cart Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (813) 879-3719
A Tampa Golf Cart Accident Lawyer Can Manage Your Case While You Recover
Hiring a golf cart attorney in Tampa can relieve you of the burden of building your case by yourself. Instead, when you work with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our legal team will do the following services for you:
- Investigate your golf cart accident, which may involve reviewing the official accident report, contacting witnesses, and reading insurance policies
- Collect evidence to support your accident case, such as photo and video footage that captured the accident
- Handle communications with any involved parties, such as the at-fault driver’s legal team or insurance company
- Prepare legal documents for your case and submit them according to their respective deadlines, including the statute of limitations as written in Florida Statutes § 95.11
- Attend out-of-court meetings to discuss your case with involved parties and negotiate a potential settlement deal when possible
- Prepare your case for trial should you decide to take that route
Our legal team will give you updates about your case as it progresses, such as when you have a scheduled court hearing date or whenever you receive a settlement offer. If you would like legal counsel on your decisions, your attorney will be transparent in their advice and follow your decisions as you make them.
Chalik & Chalik Golf Cart Accidents Lawyer Near Me (813) 879-3719
Want to Discuss Your Golf Cart Accident Case in Detail? Call Now to Get a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one was injured in a golf cart accident in Tampa, Florida, you may qualify to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit and demand compensation for your damages. The Tampa golf car accident lawyers from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers want you to know that our family will be fighting for you. We can lead your case, advocating for your legal interests and fighting for the financial recovery you deserve.
Our personal injury attorneys work for a contingency fee in Florida, so you don’t have to worry about attorney’s fees. We can discuss our fee agreement system in a free consultation after reviewing your case. Call today to get started.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (813) 879-3719