Tampa has the third-highest population of all cities in the state, according to the University of Florida’s Bureau of Economic and Business Research. If you or a loved one were injured in a collision while driving or riding in a passenger vehicle, then a Tampa passenger vehicle accident lawyer can take on your case for compensation.
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (813) 879-3719 for a free consultation about how we may help you seek compensation after an accident in Tampa.
Tampa Motorists Must Drive Safely
There were 13,188 motor vehicle accidents resulting in injury in Hillsborough County in 2018, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). Considering that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that 94% of accidents were caused by the actions or failures of drivers in a 2015 study they published, it is apparent that a significant number of drivers in Tampa are not driving with caution.
Motorists may generally increase their risk of being in an accident by engaging in dangerous behaviors, such as:
- Turning with too little clearance between oncoming traffic
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol
- Driving while on drugs
- Texting while driving
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Taking photographs of video while driving
- Failing to properly secure items inside or outside of the vehicle
- Failing to ensure features of the vehicle, such as tires and brakes, are in good condition
- Disobeying traffic signals such as stop signs, red lights, and one-way signs
There are other behaviors and failures that may increase the risk of an accident occurring. Any failure by a motorist could make them financially responsible when an accident occurs.
Non-Motorists May Be Liable for an Accident
Per the American Bar Association (ABA), parties may be liable for an accident not only through their own actions but also under the principle of strict liability. Under certain circumstances, parties could be liable for the actions of the individuals they employ or the failures of the products they produce.
Your lawyer will become familiar with the specific circumstances of your case. As they work to determine liability for your accident-related losses, they may consider questions such as:
- Was the motorist who caused your accident working in a professional capacity at the time of the collision?
- Were road conditions to blame for any portion of your accident?
- Did a vehicle or parts malfunction cause your accident, or worsen the harm that was caused by failing to provide certain safety functions?
The answers to these and other relevant questions could determine whether parties aside from a motorist have liability for your losses. Settling the issue of liability after your accident is just one of the ways that a Tampa passenger vehicle accident lawyer may be of assistance to you or a loved one.
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (813) 879-3719 for a free consultation about our honest, personal legal representation.
Find a Tampa Passenger Vehicle Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (813) 879-3719
A Lawyer Will Complete Your Case
Our team understands that you may be facing a wide array of headaches after your passenger vehicle accident. You may be personally injured, may have lost a loved one, or may be generally overwhelmed with the losses you have suffered because of your accident.
The prospect of dealing with insurance companies or filing a lawsuit may be daunting. We understand this. Our team will aim to relieve you of the duty of seeking compensation. Whether the specifics of your accident call for an insurance claim, lawsuit, or both, a lawyer can be of great help in completing your case for compensation.
A Lawyer Can File and Complete an Insurance Claim
An insurance claim could be an appropriate resolution to your case for compensation after an accident. Your lawyer can advise you on whether insurance may provide the level of coverage that you need. They can also file any claim that you elect to bring.
Some of the duties that your lawyer may perform in the course of your claim are:
- Determining the coverage that all relevant policies provide
- Determining the value of your covered losses
- Handling negotiations with insurance companies
- Counseling you about any on-the-record statements you are asked to make
- Advising you on the fairness of any offers that you receive
Compensation from an insurance claim may be enough to cover your accident-related losses. If it is not, then your lawyer may help you bring a lawsuit against parties responsible for your losses.
Your Lawyer May Complete a Lawsuit
A lawsuit may be an available course of action for you to seek compensation. A lawyer can help you choose whether or not to file an insurance claim first. Your lawyer may have experience bringing lawsuits similar to yours, and can thus handle the legal process on your behalf.
This may call for your lawyer to:
- Gather and organize evidence pertaining to your accident
- Document your injuries
- Value the cost of your accident-related losses
- Hiring experts
- Recording and organizing witness accounts
- Negotiating a pre-trial settlement
Your lawyer will handle all aspects of your lawsuit so that you may only have to worry about your recovery. If you lost a loved one because of a Tampa passenger vehicle accident, then your lawyer may file a wrongful death lawsuit on your behalf.
Chalik & Chalik Passenger Vehicle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (813) 879-3719
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today
Our clients have the opportunity to work directly with the firm’s partners, experiencing a relatable and familial approach to the law. Do not wait to call, as you may have limited time to initiate a lawsuit.
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (813) 879-3719 for additional details about the benefits of retaining a Tampa passenger vehicle accident lawyer.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (813) 879-3719