Sadly, many parents waiting in nervous anticipation to receive a healthy baby are betrayed by the same medical professionals they trusted to bring their child into the world safely. If you are one of them, or know someone who is, you have a legal right to hold the medical practitioners accountable through a medical malpractice claim.
If your baby suffered trauma at birth and is now impaired, a Tampa birth injury lawyer at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers will stand by you. Our clients work with partners directly instead of being passed off to the paralegal. We provide a free case review to go over the details of your story and walk you through the legal process of medical malpractice claims in Florida.
Obtain Legal Help With Your Tampa Birth Injury Case at No Upfront Cost
We understand the financial and emotional difficulty you are going through at this time. Many birth injuries come with a prognosis that is difficult to accept and require copious amounts of medical care to treat. That’s why it’s so important for our law firm to provide easy access to legal help to families coping with birth injuries. We offer our services at no upfront cost to you in order to get you closer to financial compensation faster. We don’t charge legal fees unless we win your case. No legal fees upfront means there is no financial delay in starting your claim. A Tampa birth injury attorney can get to work immediately.
Find a Tampa Birth Injury Lawyer
Near Me (813) 879-3719
Our Tampa Injury Lawyers Are Committed to Recovering Compensation
Our founding partners Debi and Jason Chalik personally take each case. They are your birth injury attorneys working tirelessly to provide you and your family with the financial stability you need to sufficiently meet your continuing and evolving childcare needs.
Recoverable Damages in Your Birth Injury Case
We will work to obtain the maximum compensation in your Tampa birth injury case. That includes money to pay medical expenses, cover time off from work spent caring for your child, and compensate for emotional hardship. An injury lawyer can give you a more detailed picture of the losses you can recover in a birth injury claim, but in general losses like the following are recoverable:
- Current and future medical bills
- Child physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- At-home care
- Mental health and behavioral counseling
- Special education programs
- Travel expenses related to the injury
- Wage loss due to missing work to care for your child
- Mobility or other assistive devices and medical equipment
- Professional home services
- Emotional distress
- Lost quality of life
- Lost enjoyment
Chalik & Chalik Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me (813) 879-3719
Medical Malpractice Can Cause Birth Injuries
Our law firm serving Tampa will pursue compensation through a medical malpractice claim. While birth injuries can be a natural, though unfortunate, result of the labor and delivery process, some are caused by medical negligence. A misstep in providing care to you or your infant during prenatal care, labor, delivery or after the baby is born can be the difference between a healthy baby and a baby fighting for their life.
When medical missteps go beyond the routine and deviate from accepted medical practice, it becomes medical negligence. Building a viable legal claim for compensation means that several requirements need to be met to establish that medical malpractice actually took place. A lawyer will be able to walk you through the following requirements:
Establishing Medical Negligence
A Tampa birth trauma lawyer will investigate to determine the cause of your baby’s injury and gather evidence to support your claim that shows:
- The medical professionals had a duty to provide you and your newborn adequate care
- They violated that duty to provide proper care by acting contrary to the accepted medical practices of their field.
- Their negligent actions led directly to your baby’s harm. Without them, your child would not have been injured.
- You and your baby suffered damages as a result of the injuries sustained.
Demonstrating that the doctors violated the medical standard per Florida Statutes § 766.102 requires the testimony or sworn affidavit of a medical professional trained in the same field. Our Tampa injury law firm has access to certified medical experts who can substantiate that medical malpractice took place in your case.
Statute of limitations Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) limits you to four years to seek legal justice. In the case that a birth injury caused a wrongful death it is two years per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d). The clock starts ticking once the injury has been discovered or should have been discovered. There are exceptions to these statutes that a lawyer will be able to help you navigate.
Other Important Factors to Consider in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Other areas that must be considered in a medical malpractice claims are:
- Conditions of the medical treatment and relevant circumstances: If your doctor did not have adequate knowledge of your personal health situation and an error resulted, he or she may not be considered negligent if you failed to disclose.
- The injuries were a not reasonably foreseeable, inevitable, or necessary result of the medical treatment: It’s important to prove that the injury your baby suffered are not what generally happens to infants after the type of care usually provided.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Birth Injury Lawyer today
Conditions That Lead to Birth Injuries
Birth injuries can be caused by a variety of actions and conditions that endanger a newborn baby, such as:
- The use of forceps or a vacuum while delivering the baby
- Unnecessary force while extracting the baby from the birth canal
- Fundal pressure on the mother’s uterus
- Oxygen deprivation
- Diagnosing errors during prenatal care
- Failure to properly monitor the mother, fetus, or infant
- Medication errors
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Tampa, call (813) 879-3719
Our Successes in Florida Medical Malpractice Cases
We have helped thousands of families recover much-needed and well-deserved compensation in medical malpractice cases involving birth injuries throughout Florida. Among our success stories, birth injury and medical malpractice settlements include:
- $450K settlement obtained for a baby boy who suffered erb’s palsy and underwent surgery with a complete recovery
- $290K settlement in birth trauma case in which the baby suffered nerve injury
- $200K settlement for medical malpractice claim involving lumbar surgery
While we are unable to guarantee results, we can say that our Tampa injury legal team will work hard to obtain you the best possible results in your unique case. Whether the fight stays in negotiations or moves to trial, we’re dedicated to recovering families like yours the money they need and deserve for all they’ve been through.
The Attorneys at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers are Your Tampa Birth Injury Advocates
The attorneys at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers are your birth trauma advocates. If your baby was harmed by a medical professional during prenatal care, labor, delivery, or after birth, a Tampa birth injury lawyer on our team can help. Medical negligence is not acceptable, and you don’t have to live with the consequences in silence. Call us today for a free case evaluation. We are here to help you every step of the way.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (813) 879-3719