You might qualify for monetary damages if you got hurt in a Tampa bus accident. The ownership of the bus matters because the legal obligations surrounding your case will be based on who oversaw the bus’s operations.
For example, liability can vary, depending on whether the accident happened with a:
- Public or private school bus
- Shuttle, tour, charter, or sightseeing bus owned by a private company
- Bus owned or operated by a government agency
In some situations, you may have to file a lawsuit to get the compensation you need. In other instances, you may have to go through administrative remedies first. Yet, when you partner with a lawyer, you do not have to figure these things out by yourself. A Tampa bus accident lawyer at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can evaluate whether you have a valid personal injury case. Our clients get to rest and focus on getting better because they know we are taking care of their legal issues.
If we take your case, you will not have to pay any upfront legal fees. We handle bus accident cases on a contingency-fee-basis. That means that we get paid out of the settlement proceeds or court award at the conclusion of your case.
You can call us today at (813) 879-3719 to get started. We offer free initial consultations with no obligation.
How Much Time You Have to File a Bus Accident Injury Lawsuit in Tampa
Every state limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit seeking personal injury-related damages. These rules, called the statute of limitations, also apply to bus accident cases.
Florida Statute §95.11(3)(a) is the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in Florida. You typically have two years from the date of your accident to file your lawsuit in court. However, if the bus was owned by a government department, the time you have to act may be shorter.
The American Bar Association (ABA) says that if you do not file your case within the state’s statute of limitations, you can lose the right to hold the at-fault party accountable for the harm you suffered.
The insurance company’s claims adjuster knows the legal deadline for your case. You might think that the adjuster is negotiating with you in good faith, trying to reach a fair settlement. However, they may purposefully drag out negotiation proceedings so that the state’s statute of limitations expires on your case.
When you work with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we can listen to your side of the story and determine how long you have to act under the state’s statute of limitations. We want to get started working on your case as soon as we can so that you do not miss out on your right to pursue compensation. You can call our team today for a free consultation.
Find a Tampa Bus Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (813) 879-3719
How Much You Can Get in Damages for a Tampa Bus Accident
We cannot say how much compensation you can pursue for your Tampa bus accident injuries until we investigate your situation. Every personal injury case is different. The amount of money you can pursue will depend on the unique facts of your case. Other people injured in the same bus accident could have much higher or lower accident-related costs than you.
Here are some of the types of damages we have won for our clients:
- Lost income. When you lose income because of your injuries, the liable party can be responsible for that financial loss. This category can include wages, salary, self-employment, and other forms of regular income.
- Diminished earning capacity. Residual problems from a severe injury can make a person unable to perform the same skills or work as many hours as they did before. For example, you might not be able to stand for long periods after a significant back injury. If you have to take a lower-paying position or reduce your working hours because of your injury, we can add that economic loss to your claim.
- Medical bills. You can usually recover the reasonable cost of the medical treatment you needed for your injuries. The ambulance, emergency room, hospital, doctors, surgery, x-rays, pain management, physical therapy, and prescription drugs all fall into this category.
- Pain and suffering. You can seek compensation for the physical discomfort and emotional distress you experienced because of the accident and your injuries. Your lawyer can work with the liable insurance company to calculate the cost of this expense.
You might have additional compensable losses, like disfigurement, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and loss of enjoyment of life as a result of the bus accident.
You may have questions regarding the value of your personal injury case. Your lawyer can use various pieces of information, including your employment records, medical bills, and repair receipts, to determine the cost of your damages. They can even review your health and auto insurance policy to see if you have adequate coverage.
A Tampa bus accident lawyer at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can evaluate which damages you may be able to recover through a civil action. You can call us today at (813) 879-3719 for a no-cost case review.
Chalik & Chalik Bus Accidents Lawyer Near Me (813) 879-3719
Considerations Following a Tampa Bus Accident
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our goal is to bring about a fair resolution to your personal injury case. While you focus on spending time with your family and recovering from your injuries, our team can work to hold the negligent party accountable for your losses. However, you may have questions about what you can do to safeguard your legal interests.
While these measures do not guarantee a successful outcome, you should consider:
- Taking photos of your injuries throughout your recovery period
- Keeping your receipts, bills, and invoices in a safe place
- Filing a crash report if you did not file a police report at the accident scene
- Following through with your health care team’s recommended course of treatment
- Refraining from posting about the collision to social media
- Leaving insurance communications up to your lawyer
We can advise you on other steps that may benefit your legal interests.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Bus Accidents Lawyer today
Getting Legal Help for Your Tampa Bus Accident Injury Case
If you want compassionate lawyers who will work tirelessly to go after the compensation you deserve, look no further than Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers. We treat our clients like our family and friends. A Tampa bus accident lawyer can help you hold the negligent party accountable for the harm you suffered. You can call us today at (813) 879-3719 for a free consultation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (813) 879-3719