The warm weather and bike-friendly city of Plantation, FL means many locals choose to cycle as their preferred method of transportation. Unfortunately, the city also has a lot of automobile traffic. This presents an especially dangerous situation in the area as more and more cyclists are subject to bicycle accidents.
The injuries from a bicycle accident can often be much more severe than an automobile accident. If another party caused your accident, you may be entitled to compensation. A bicycle accident lawyer in Plantation, FL can help. Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at 954-858-5751.
Bicycle Accident Causes
The cause of a bicycle accident is not always straightforward. In many cases, it may immediately seem like the automobile driver is at fault. However, this is not always the case. Some common causes of bicycle accidents we have come across in our years of practice include:
- Failure to follow street signs and local laws
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Improper maintenance of roads or sidewalks
- Improper maintenance of the vehicle
- Defective bicycle parts
Pure Comparative Negligence Laws
With so many potential bicycle accident causes, it is possible more than one party is to blame. Because Florida expects cyclists to follow the same laws as automobile drivers do, it is possible some of the fault falls on you.
Fortunately, under Florida’s pure comparative negligence laws, we can still seek compensation for any part of the accident you are not at fault for.
Plantation Bicycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Important Steps Following A Bicycle Accident In Plantation, FL
Suffering a bicycle accident can be scary and overwhelming. One minute you are cycling along, enjoying the warm weather and oceanfront views and the next, you are dealing with expensive medical visits. If you experience a bicycle accident in Plantation, FL, following these steps may be important to your case:
- Seek medical help: Your health is the most important thing. If you are struck by a vehicle, it is important you seek medical care immediately. Even if you feel fine, it is possible there are injuries you cannot yet see. Waiting to seek medical care could make it difficult to connect the injuries to the bicycle accident.
- Document everything: Keep record of everything. Collect information of any witnesses, hold onto all medical records and bills, and keep documentation of any additional costs. If possible, order a copy of the police report.
- Discuss your case with a bicycle accident lawyer: The responsible parties’ insurance company might attempt to communicate with you. Remember: they are representing the other party and their best interests, not yours. Discussing your case with an injury lawyer ensures you have someone on your side, keeping your best interests in mind. Call us today at 954-858-5751.
Following these steps after a bicycle accident can feel overwhelming. However, these steps may be an important part of your case. They may be necessary in order to collect compensation. The state of Florida also requires we file all third-party bicycle accident cases within four years from the date of the accident.
Additionally, insurance companies often have their own requirements for filing a claim. We will need to stay within these timelines to ensure you receive the benefits you deserve.
How Our Lawyers Will Assist With Your Bicycle Accident Case
A bicycle accident can quickly change your life. We will do everything we can to make your life easier following a bicycle accident.
It is important we get to know the details of your case. It is also important for us to better understand how the bicycle accident has affected your life. A free and confidential consultation gives us the opportunity to learn more about you and your case. Call us today at 954-858-5751.
Bicycle accidents can often be disastrous, leaving you in a tough financial and emotional place. The injury lawyers at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers understand the severe implications of a bicycle accident and we will fight to recover the following costs:
- Medical costs
- Emergency services
- Property damage
- Household renovations
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Childcare costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
Handle All Communication
Dealing with the aftermath of a bicycle accident is usually overwhelming. You should not have to add legal communication to your stress.
Our team of bicycle accident lawyers will help you every step of the way, handling all communications and always keeping your best interests in mind.
Hire A Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today In Plantation, FL
You are biking along E. Sunrise Blvd as you head to Holiday Park and a distracted driver runs into you. Emergency responders rush you to the emergency room and you will now have to take an extended period of time off work while you recover. Who will cover these costs? Who will replace your bicycle? Who will handle the emotional pain and suffering and your new fear of bicycling?
This is where we can help. We will seek compensation from the responsible party, making them pay for their mistake. It is only right you receive compensation to cover your new costs. Call one of our bicycle accident lawyers today at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at 954-858-5751.
For a free legal consultation, call (855) 529-0269