Drinking alcohol and driving is a choice. As a victim, though, you don’t get a choice when a drunk driver causes an accident that injures you or another family member. A Plantation DUI accident lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers will fight for you.
When you have injuries from an accident that wasn’t your fault, we are ready to help. Our car accident team, led by partners Jason and Debi Chalik, will investigate, gather evidence, and compile a solid case for you.
Economic Damages You Can Seek After a DUI Accident
Any expense you incur following a drunk driving accident in Plantation, FL, could be reimbursed. Some of these expenses can include:
- Ambulance and medical transportation services
- Medical treatment, including emergency room and diagnostic procedures
- Surgical procedures and all follow-up care
- Medications and medical devices
- Home modification
- Home nursing care
- Lost wages, including past, current, and future wages
- Property damage to your vehicle
If you have severe injuries from a drunk driving accident, it can be helpful to consult with a DUI accident lawyer in Plantation, FL. Our personal injury team will compile your expenditures and predict future related costs to compute a fair valuation for compensation.
Find a Plantation DUI Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (954) 472-7122
Non-Economic Damages You Can Seek After a DUI Accident
The second type of recoverable damage isn’t tied to a monetary value. Non-economic damages cover the emotional trauma that an accident can cause. This compensation is more difficult to place a value on, but our team has the experience and can equate a monetary value to areas such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional turmoil and mental anguish
- Permanent disfigurement or scarring
When assessing non-economic damages, our team will consult all your documentation and compute a monetary value that offers fair compensation.
Chalik & Chalik DUI Accidents Lawyer Near Me (954) 472-7122
When a Drunk Driver Causes a Death in Your Family
In crashes involving a death, our team will explore the possibility of wrongful death and compensation for the surviving family. Some areas where your family might receive financial compensation can include:
- Funeral costs and related expenses
- Burial or cremation costs and associated expenses
- Lost wages when the decedent was the primary source of support
- Property damage to repair a family vehicle
- Final medical expenses incurred before the death
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
Wrongful death damages can only be requested by specific persons per Florida Statutes § 768.21. Consulting with a Plantation wrongful death attorney will allow you to explore potential compensation for your family.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's DUI Accidents Lawyer today
Our Plantation DUI Lawyers Offer Client-Focused Legal Care
You might not feel like chasing insurance company representatives when you are injured and working on your recovery. The help of a family-oriented law firm offers you the peace of mind to concentrate on healing. Our dedicated team will be working on all the legwork while you recuperate. Some of the tasks we manage include:
- Investigating the accident
- Establishing negligence by proving drunk driving was a factor
- Compiling documentation regarding your injuries
- Interviewing witnesses
- Gathering video footage from traffic cameras, if available
- Determining your economic and non-economic losses
- Composing and sending a demand letter
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Filing a lawsuit in civil court, if necessary
- Representing you in all meetings and civil proceedings
We fight for people just like you every day. Our family-oriented team values each client, and we look out for your needs as we work to secure the compensation you deserve.
Our Fee Agreement Means Zero Upfront Cost for You
We understand your current financial status. The expenses from an accident can pile up and become overwhelming. Our team knows you don’t need another bill on top of your mounting pile, so we work on a contingency-fee basis.
We offer our services and require zero upfront fees from you. Starting with our free consultation, you will work one-on-one with one of our partners. We cover all initial costs for filing and other necessary expenses. When we achieve a favorable resolution for you, we will collect our fees and reimbursement for our expenses.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Plantation, call (954) 472-7122
The Statute of Limitations in Florida May Affect Your DUI Accident Case
Everything has a deadline, and personal injury lawsuits are no different. Florida recently shortened the allowable timeframe to file a lawsuit from four to two years, per Florida Statute § 95.11. Working with a DUI accident attorney in Plantation, FL, will ensure you stay on track and meet all deadlines. In wrongful death cases, the time limit is also generally two years.
Meeting deadlines specified in law is essential, or your case might face dismissal. It is crucial to seek and continue with medical care and attend all follow-up appointments with medical personnel.
Understanding How We Determine Negligence After a DUI Accident
Our drunk driving accident lawyer will look at every aspect of the wreck during our investigation. We will determine whether negligence was involved. In a drunk driving accident, we will request blood alcohol testing results. Proving negligence involves meeting four general criteria:
- Duty of care is the responsibility of each driver to obey traffic laws.
- When people drink and drive, they willingly break or breach that duty.
- Drunk drivers tend to be at fault for accidents.
- Accidents cause injury and property damage.
When we establish the four elements necessary to prove negligence or fault, we can pursue compensation on your behalf.
A DUI Accident Lawyer in Plantation, FL—We’ve Got Your Back
After a drunk driving accident, discussing your options with a Plantation DUI accident lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can be helpful. Our free consultation and contingency-fee payment agreement basis means zero risk for you. Contact our team to begin your consultation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (954) 472-7122