Paralysis is a catastrophic injury that often occurs as a result of trauma to the spinal cord or the central nervous system. Automobile accidents, construction accidents, and severe slips and falls can result in a paralysis injury, among other types of severe accidents. If you or a loved one became paralyzed in an accident that occurred in Plantation, Florida, you may have an opportunity to pursue compensation.
A Plantation paralysis injury lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can manage your case and advocate for your right to potential financial recovery. Our firm offers the first consultation for free when you call, which we’ll use as an opportunity to get to know you and your case. From there, we’ll discuss your legal options and get started on your case right away.
Let Our Paralysis Injury Attorney in Plantation, FL, Handle Your Case for You
It goes without saying that paralysis can disrupt a person’s life completely, both physically and mentally. Our team understands this and is more than happy to step up to the plate as your paralysis injury lawyer in Plantation, FL. We can meet you at your home if necessary or offer alternative methods of communication, like video calls, to go over details about your case.
More than that, when you hire a personal injury lawyer from our firm to represent you, you get the full extent of our legal services. Our team will manage your case from start to finish so that you can focus on your recovery and not worry about legal matters.
Our Attorneys Fight for You Like You’re Family
When you hire a Plantation paralysis injury lawyer from our team, we care about your case as if you were one of our own. This means from the moment you agree to become our client, we will:
- Investigate your case to confirm key details, such as when and how it occurred
- Collect evidence to support the basis of your claims (e.g., if you were in a motorcycle accident, we may seek a copy of the official crash report)
- Communicate with relevant parties about your case, such as insurance adjusters or defense attorneys
- Interview witnesses who can provide testimony for your case
- Consult expert witnesses who can provide analysis for your case, such as accident reconstruction analysts or medical professionals
- Fulfill legal administrative duties, such as preparing paperwork and filing legal motions when necessary
- Meet with the defendant’s legal team to negotiate a settlement arrangement if possible
- Prepare your case for trial if you decide to move forward with a lawsuit
Our legal team will also be available to answer your questions, then strategize the next course of action for your case. If you would like advice on case decisions, our team will be transparent and respect your choices as you make them.
Find a Plantation Paralysis Injury Lawyer
Near Me (954) 472-7122
Our Firm Can Help You Pursue Compensation for Your Damages
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our firm has a track record of winning multiple six- and seven-figure settlement awards and verdicts for our clients, which you can read more about on our case results page. However, the methods we use to determine how much compensation to pursue on behalf of a client remain unique to each client.
Our team will calculate the approximate value of your damages, first by totaling your economic damages and then factoring in your non-economic damages based on the severity of your paralysis. There are various damages you might demand compensation for, such as:
- Medical care expenses, including future costs to cover physical therapy and other treatments for your paralysis injury
- Property damage costs, such as costs to repair your vehicle if you were in a car accident
- Loss of income, including future lost income if your paralysis keeps you from working entirely
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of independence if you require a caregiver to perform daily tasks
- Loss of consortium if the nature of your relationship with your partner has changed because of your paralysis
- Damages related to living with a permanent disability
- Psychological trauma from the accident
- Reduced earning potential if you can return to work but must take a lower-paying position to accommodate for your injury
This is not an exhaustive list of compensatory damages, as your injury will affect you in ways specific to your life. You will have an opportunity to tell your story to our team, and we will approximate a reasonable figure to aim for when representing your case.
How Florida’s Comparative Negligence Law May Affect Your Case
In 2023, Governor Ron DeSantis signed House Bill 837 into law, which changed Florida’s comparative negligence rule found in Florida Statutes § 768.81. Per these changes, plaintiffs who contributed more than 50 percent of the fault to their accident may be barred from recovering damages. However, a plaintiff may recover damages minus their percentage of fault if they were deemed less than half at fault for the accident.
As such, it is crucial that you establish how the defendant’s negligence caused your paralysis. Our team will collect evidence and create your case argument, then fight hard to prevent you from being assigned partial blame.
Chalik & Chalik Paralysis Injury Lawyer Near Me (954) 472-7122
Be Mindful of Florida’s Statute of Limitations on Paralysis Injury Cases
Another law to keep track of is Florida Statutes § 95.11, which states that plaintiffs who want to file a personal injury lawsuit against another party must usually do so within two years of the date of the accident that caused their injury. While certain exceptions may exist, such as in cases involving minors, this is a strict deadline. If you do not file your case on time, the reviewing judge may dismiss your case, which would bar you from collecting damages.
Our legal team will determine your case’s filing deadline as soon as we review it, then take steps to ensure it remains valid in court. That being said, you might not have much time to file your case, so don’t hesitate to reach out to our team to begin working for you.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Paralysis Injury Lawyer today
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to Get a Free Case Review
If you or a loved one suffered a catastrophic injury like paralysis in an accident in Plantation, Florida, our legal team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers wants to hear about your case. You may have grounds to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against a negligent party and demand that they compensate you for your injuries and related damages.
Call now to speak with one of our representatives about how our Plantation paralysis injury lawyers can help you build your case. Our firm was founded in 2003 and has proudly helped South Florida families win multiple seven-figure settlements and verdicts to help them recover from their traumatic accidents. Start your path toward financial recovery today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (954) 472-7122