Many of us rely on FedEx to send and deliver packages across the country and around the world. Unfortunately, a large, heavy FedEx truck can end up doing serious damage if the driver loses control and hits a person or another vehicle.
A Plantation FedEx truck accident lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and much more. We fight for the compensation you deserve so you can pick up the pieces and move forward with your life.
Filing Your FedEx Truck Accident Lawsuit in Time
Until recently, Plantation residents had two years to file a lawsuit after a personal injury caused by a truck accident. However, this law recently changed—Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) now stipulates that accident survivors have only two years to begin a case.
Please do not let this new, shorter deadline intimidate you. While it is important to act fast, you do not want to make a rushed decision. Our FedEx truck accident lawyers in Plantation, FL can tell you everything you need to know about:
- If your case still falls within the statute of limitations
- How you can pay for legal services
- The ins and outs of the Florida legal system
- How to work within relevant deadlines to get the compensation you need
We know that you are already under a lot of stress, and the last thing we want to do is add to it. Our team can handle everything for you, including:
- Establishing a monetary value for your losses
- Collecting evidence to build the strongest possible case
- Determining who the at-fault party or parties are
- Filling out legal paperwork on time
- Responding to all communications from the other side
- Making sure the other side obeys all rules and respects your rights
- Meeting with the at-fault party’s team to negotiate a settlement
- Representing you in court to seek a jury award, if necessary
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, every client gets to work directly with our firm’s partners on their case. You can count on us to pursue fair compensation on your behalf, rather than navigating the often-complex legal system on your own.
Find a Plantation FedEx Truck Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (954) 472-7122
Do You Qualify for Truck Accident Compensation?
Our FedEx truck accident attorneys in Plantation, FL can tell you for sure if you qualify for monetary damages. Even before you come to see us, you may already have a general idea of what to ask for in your lawsuit.
Ask yourself the following questions, which can help you organize your thoughts about the types of losses and damages you sustained in the accident:
- Did you require any form of professional medical attention, such as doctor visits, hospital stays, prescription medications, or appointments with specialists? You could qualify for medical expenses.
- Did you miss any time from work, costing you wages, benefits, or bonuses? You could qualify for loss of income.
- Did your vehicle or other personal property sustain damage in the accident? You could qualify for property damage.
- Did you experience any physical, emotional, or psychological trauma because of the accident? You could qualify for pain and suffering.
- Did you lose the ability to live on your own, take care of yourself or your dependents, or enjoy your favorite activities? You could qualify for reduced quality of life.
- Did the accident or your injuries permanently damage your relationship with a close relative? You could qualify for loss of consortium.
The amount of compensation you can ask for typically depends on how much you have lost. For instance, someone who fully recovers from a concussion will likely receive less than someone who suffers permanent brain damage.
Why Calculate Damages Ahead of Time?
It is vital that you know the full value of your case before you approach the liable party’s insurance company for compensation. Otherwise, you leave the door open for the insurer to:
- Undervalue your case
- Pressure you into accepting a settlement that is too low
- Say that certain damages are not related to the accident
A Plantation FedEx truck accident lawyer from our office can calculate your damages and then handle all discussions with the insurance company for you. This way, you can rest assured that there is a professional on your side fighting to get you the right amount of compensation—rather than an insurer who wants to underpay you.
Chalik & Chalik FedEx Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (954) 472-7122
Who Is Liable for FedEx Truck Accidents?
The answer to this question is not always as obvious as it seems. In many cases, yes, the FedEx truck driver may cause an accident by engaging in behavior that the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration describes as “risky,” such as:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving over the speed limit
- Driving while distracted (e.g., looking at a cell phone)
However, since the driver was employed by another party (FedEx), the employer might also bear at least some responsibility for the crash. This could happen if they:
- Failed to provide the driver with proper training
- Pressured the driver to engage in unsafe habits, such as forgoing break times
- Did not comply with state or federal safety standards for the truck
Sometimes, a third party may also contribute to a FedEx truck accident, such as:
- A mechanic who failed to notice or report an obvious problem with the truck
- A worker who loaded the truck improperly
- A manufacturer who knowingly allowed FedEx to buy and continue using faulty parts on the truck
Such cases may be rare, but a Plantation FedEx truck accident lawyer from our firm can thoroughly investigate your case to make sure. Otherwise, you could inadvertently give up compensation you qualify for.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's FedEx Truck Accidents Lawyer today
Let Our Plantation Truck Accident Lawyers Fight for You
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we treat all clients the exact same way we would want our loved ones to be treated after a life-changing accident. Contact our firm today to find out what our Plantation FedEx truck accident lawyers can do for your case. Your initial consultation is free and confidential.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (954) 472-7122