If you or a loved one was in a vehicle accident on one of Broward County’s major interstate roadways, you may have grounds to file for compensation for your injuries and damages.
A Plantation interstate accident lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can represent you and help you build a case against a potentially liable party. We offer the first consultation for free to discuss your legal options.
Our Family-Owned Law Firm Will Manage Your Case from Start to Finish
Our personal injury law firm was founded 2003, and since then, we have helped families in South Florida fight for their financial recovery after serious accidents. We strive to remain active in our community and do so by helping injured accident victims like you have their cases heard.
When you work with a Plantation interstate accident lawyer from our firm, our team gets to work on your case immediately by:
- Conducting our own investigation into your vehicle accident, which can involve reviewing the official crash report, interviewing witnesses, and consulting expert witnesses who can provide analysis for your case
- Gathering evidence to support your claims about the accident, such as getting copies of video footage that captured the accident or medical records to prove the severity of your injuries
- Handling communications between all involved parties, such as insurance representatives, defense attorneys, and court officials
- Performing administrative tasks to prepare your case, such as filling out legal paperwork, scheduling court hearing dates, and filing legal motions when necessary
- Reviewing all relevant insurance policy information to see how that may affect your case
- Calculating how much compensation to pursue on your behalf based on your damages
- Preparing your case for trial if necessary while still working toward negotiating a settlement deal when possible
If you have questions about your case, our legal team is available to meet with you in a strategy session to ease your concerns and explain how we may go forward with your case. We can also provide legal counsel on case decisions, such as whether you should accept a settlement offer or move forward with a personal injury lawsuit.
Our Lawyers Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
When you work with our personal injury law firm, you won’t have to worry about attorney’s fees. We only collect them if we win your case, as our team works on a contingency-fee basis. This means our team will put in the work on the contingent agreement that we will collect a portion of your compensation award should we win on your behalf.
During your first consultation, we will go over these terms with you so that you understand what to expect. One of the benefits of a contingency-fee agreement is that you’ll never have to pay for our services out of your own pocket.
Find a Plantation Interstate Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (954) 472-7122
We Fight for Your Right to Receive Compensation for Your Interstate Accident
As mentioned, our legal team will calculate how much compensation to pursue on your behalf. We do this by assessing your economic and non-economic damages, which are your financial and non-financial damages, respectively. Examples of damages that may entitle you to compensation include:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Property damage costs, such as vehicle repair costs
- Actual cash value of your vehicle if it was totaled
- Current and future income loss
- Reduced earning potential
- Emotional distress, including insomnia
- Damages related to living with a permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Alternative transportation costs
- Other out-of-pocket expenses, such as caregiving costs or costs for prescription medications
- Diminished quality of life
Each case is unique to the individual who was injured, as everyone has a unique set of lifestyle variables, such as job salary and recovery periods. Our team will be thorough when asking you how the interstate accident affected your life and aim to reach a fair estimate that reflects those damages. We may collect evidence to support our figures, such as financial documents or medical records.
When an Interstate Accident in Plantation Becomes Fatal
Unfortunately, interstate accidents can result in death due to the high speeds and large volume of traffic. If you lost a loved one in an interstate accident, we deeply extend our condolences and want you to understand that you don’t have to endure the pain alone. We can help you fight for the compensation that can alleviate certain damages, such as:
- Funeral arrangement costs
- Medical debts left behind
- Loss of inheritance
Additionally, we can demand compensation that reflects some of your emotional losses, such as loss of consortium or parental guidance. Having a Plantation interstate accident attorney manage your case can also give you the time you need to process your loss without jeopardizing how much time you have left to submit your case.
Chalik & Chalik Interstate Accidents Lawyer Near Me (954) 472-7122
Florida Gives Injured Parties About Two Years to File Their Interstate Accident Lawsuits
All personal injury cases, including interstate accident cases, must abide by Florida’s statute of limitations written in Florida Statutes § 95.11. Per this statute, you generally have two years from the date of the vehicle accident to file a lawsuit against a negligent party. If you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, then the statute generally allows two years from the death to file your case.
If you do not submit your case within its legal filing window, or the defendant discovers you filed your case past its statutory deadline, the reviewing judge could dismiss the case and absolve the at-fault party of any liability for your damages. Our team understands these stakes, so we will take appropriate steps to ensure your case remains valid.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Interstate Accidents Lawyer today
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to Start Your Interstate Accident Case
If you or a loved one was injured in a motor vehicle accident that occurred on an interstate highway near Plantation, Florida, such as I-595 or I-75, then you may have an opportunity to pursue compensation for your damages.
A Plantation interstate accident lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can look into your case to identify any potentially liable parties who contributed to the cause of the vehicle accident. Our team can then help you build your claim and advocate for your financial recovery. The first consultation is free, so don’t hesitate to reach out today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (954) 472-7122