When you get injured due to someone else’s carelessness, it’s painful and frustrating. Now, you have to figure out how you’re going to deal with your injuries. But you don’t have to go through it alone.
Our personal injury lawyers in Lauderhill, FL, at Chalik & Chalik, can help you get justice and the compensation you deserve. We have over 27 years of experience, and we’re ready to get to work and start building your personal injury case.
What Are the Different Types of Personal Injury Cases?
The realm of personal injury law includes several different types of cases. A personal injury lawyer in Lauderhill, FL, can help you with the following personal injury case types:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Birth injury
- Dog bites
- Boating accidents
- Car accidents
- Construction accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
- Bus accidents
If you’ve suffered injuries in any type of personal injury accident, you should get medical help immediately. Then, after you’ve been fully diagnosed, you can reach out to one of our personal injury lawyers in Lauderhill.
Find a Lauderhill Personal Injury Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
What Is the Statute of Limitations for a Personal Injury Case in Florida?
According to Florida’s statute of limitations, you have two years from your injury date to file your claim. Even though you have sufficient time, it’s a good idea to reach out to a personal injury attorney and file your claim early.
We can help you complete any paperwork you need to submit for your claim. One of our personal injury lawyers can answer any questions you have about the process. If you don’t file your claim within the deadline, you won’t be eligible for any compensation.
This is why it’s so important to get legal help as soon as you’ve received medical care.
Chalik & Chalik Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
What Losses Have You Suffered in Your Lauderhill Personal Injury Accident?
After you’ve suffered losses in your accident, one of our lawyers can work with you to recover your losses from the liable party. Here are some of the damages our team at Chalik & Chalik can help you recover:
- Loss of consortium if you’ve lost connection, intimacy, and bonding with your spouse due to your injuries.
- Past medical expenses are the costs of all prior medical treatment for your injuries.
- Future medical expenses are the costs of any future treatment you’ll likely need, as determined by doctors.
- Past lost wages are the income you’ve lost from being unable to work due to your injuries.
- Future lost earning capacity is the potential loss of future income or career advancement due to lasting effects.
- Pain and suffering are compensation for physical and emotional pain experienced from your injuries.
- Disfigurement are damages for permanent scars or disfigurements caused by the accident.
- Property damage is the cost to repair or replace personal property that was damaged in the accident.
- Emotional distress is payment for anxiety, depression, or other diagnosed mental health impacts.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Personal Injury Lawyer today
What Evidence Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help You Collect for Your Case?
A personal injury attorney in Lauderhill, FL, can help you gather evidence to help strengthen your case. Pieces of evidence such as eyewitness testimony play an important role, as they provide direct accounts of what happened from those who witnessed the accident firsthand. Written witness statements provide testimony to corroborate each party’s version of how the incident occurred.
Official documentation, like police reports, is also another valuable piece of evidence. They document important details recorded by responding officers at the time. Objective evidence, such as surveillance footage or photographs taken at the scene, offers visual proof to support factual descriptions of the accident.
Collecting eyewitness facts about the who, what, when, and where through witness interviews and documentation is essential for building a case. Medical evidence is equally important for demonstrating the injuries you sustained and the treatment required as a result of the accident. Thorough medical records from treating physicians document the full nature and severity of any physical injuries diagnosed.
Hospital bills can also substantiate the costs of medical care. Reports from specialists like accident reconstructionists or doctors can further analyze whether injuries seem to have been directly caused by the incident in question. We can help you gather all these types of evidence when you work with us.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Lauderhill, call (855) 529-0269
Who Can Be Responsible for Your Injuries and Losses in a Personal Injury Case?
When a personal injury accident occurs, there may be individuals or entities responsible for paying for your damages. You can hold the following parties responsible:
- Property owners and businesses: If an accident happens due to unsafe conditions on their property, owners and operators have a duty of care for patrons. Slip and fall hazards, unrepaired equipment, and lack of safety measures could lead to their liability.
- Motor vehicle drivers: Any driver whose negligence results in an auto collision, such as improper turn, distracted driving, or speeding, would usually be liable for injuries.
- Government agencies: Municipalities, state, or federal governments may share liability for injuries on public property if the staff was aware of dangerous conditions.
- Manufacturers: Defective or poorly designed products leading to incidents make the manufacturer responsible for resulting harm.
- Contractors: Injury accidents may occur as a result of negligent work by construction, utility, or repair contractors on a jobsite.
Establishing who was responsible for causing versus just witnessing an accident is a key aspect we can help determine for your potential claim.
Contact Us Today for Legal Help in Lauderhill, FL
Our personal injury attorney in Lauderhill, FL, at Chalik & Chalik, can help you with all aspects of your case. From reviewing your case in a free consultation to winning compensation for you, we’re here.
Contact us to get a free consultation today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269