The sudden nature of an accident can leave you with more than serious injuries. It can also leave you unprepared for the process of obtaining compensation via an insurance claim or lawsuit. While you cope with your injuries and physical recovery, a Plantation catastrophic injury lawyer from our team can work to build a solid evidence file and an effective case for compensation.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we’ll start by listening to your version of events with compassion and understanding. We will also listen to glean details that help us build your case. We can take care of all case-related communication and correspondence, including the settlement negotiation process. If it does not result in a settlement agreement, we can represent you by taking your personal injury case to court.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury can happen quickly and change your life permanently. If you or a loved one was injured in Plantation, our practice areas include:
- Birth injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice cases
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boat accidents
- Construction accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Wrongful death cases
When we represent you, we take on all the details and responsibilities of building your case and fighting for the compensation you deserve.
We Represent Clients With Various Injuries
Catastrophic injuries can change your physical appearance and abilities. They can also mean a long-term or permanent change to your life and lifestyle. Injuries that are considered catastrophic can include:
- Brain damage
- Organ damage or loss
- Full or partial paralysis
- One or more amputations
- One or more broken bones
- Severe burns
- Pregnancy loss or birth injury
When you allow a Plantation catastrophic injury attorney from our team to represent you, we’ll focus on your legal case while you focus on healing. We will fight for the best possible outcome for you and help you start putting your life back together.
Find a Plantation Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Near Me (954) 472-7122
Recoverable Financial and Non-Financial Damages in a Catastrophic Injury Case
Accidental injuries can leave you with many financial expenses and losses. Damages we may help you recover from the at-fault party or their insurance company include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Short and long-term rehab and therapy
- Hospital stays and assistive medical devices
- Current loss of income and loss of future earnings
- Property damage and diminished property value
- Physical disabilities and disfigurement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
The loss of a loved one due to a catastrophic injury could also qualify your family to recover the costs of their funeral and burial expenses. When you work with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, your catastrophic injury lawyer serving Plantation will clarify the additional damages surviving families can request and ensure the appropriate family members file a wrongful death action.
Pursuing Personal Injury Compensation Has a Time Limit
Recovering from life-changing injuries can be costly and time-consuming. However, your right to recover damages has a state-mandated time limit. The specifics of your case will determine the applicable statute of limitations.
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) generally entitles you to four years to file your personal injury lawsuit.
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) generally entitles you to two years from the date of a loved one’s death to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(b) generally entitles you to two years from the date of a medical error to file your medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Florida Statutes § 400.0236 generally entitles you to two years from the date of nursing home abuse to file a lawsuit.
Florida Statutes § 95.051 lists the exceptions to the statute of limitations that may affect your case. Our legal team will clarify relevant exceptions and ensure we file your case within the allotted time frame.
Chalik & Chalik Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me (954) 472-7122
Your Plantation Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Will Build a Comprehensive Case File
Our legal team and the at-fault party’s insurance and legal representatives will rely on evidence to tell the story of your accident. The evidence we collect for you may include:
- Official reports
- Medical records
- Written prognosis
- Proof of income
- Photos and videos
- Witness statements
Leave evidence collection to us and discover how hard we work to prove the at-fault party’s liability and ensure your case gets the care and attention to detail it deserves.
Praise and Accolades from Previous Clients
When our previous clients tell others about our commitment to client-focused legal service and support to injured clients, they leave reviews like the following:
- Anthony Swanson: “I had a slip and fall incident last year and didn’t know what to do…I would recommend Chalik and Chalik to anyone. My case was taken care of properly and settled efficiently in 6 months with a pretty decent amount.”
- Kelly Burns: “Mr. Chalik came out to my home to discuss my case and even referred me to a chiropractor next to where I live. I have dealt with both Chalik brothers and found them to be responsive and sympathetic…I am very happy with the results and the respectful way I was treated.”
Our legal team is committed to preparing a solid case and recovering compensation for every injured client we represent.
Our Client-Focused Fee Structure
The sooner you put our legal team to work for you, the more time we have to build a strong case file. Early intervention also means we can ensure the statute of limitations does not expire. We make it easy to start building your case right away by representing you on a contingency-fee basis.
Our client-focused team will:
- Investigate your accident
- Document your injuries
- Gather physical evidence
- Draft and file your case
- Negotiate a settlement
- Take your case to trial, if necessary
You can get started immediately with a free review of your case and explore your financial recovery options.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Catastrophic Injury Lawyer today
Review Your Catastrophic Injury Case at No Cost or Obligation
Are you living with life-changing injuries because of someone else’s negligent actions? At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we help clients just like you assign financial liability to the at-fault party. A Plantation catastrophic injury lawyer from our team is ready to fight for you.
Contact us to learn more about your financial recovery options and our commitment to fight for your rights.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (954) 472-7122