When You Need a Wrongful Death Lawyer, We Are On Your Side
The death of a loved one is never easy. It can be significantly more difficult when someone is taken before their time because of the negligence or wrongdoing of another. If your loved one passed away in West Palm Beach due to avoidable circumstances, you may be able to recover compensation for your loss in a wrongful death lawsuit.
Types of Wrongful Death Cases
Wrongful deaths can occur under a variety of circumstances. If a death occurs and is not caused by disease, illness, advanced age or genuine accident, then someone else may be liable. Some common causes of wrongful death claims are:
If your loved one’s death was caused by any of these factors, or if you believe his or her death could have been prevented, then you may have a wrongful death claim.
Who can be liable in a wrongful death?
Claims for wrongful death can be made against any person or entity directly or even indirectly responsible for the death of your loved one. If you can show that but for a person or entity’s actions (or inaction) your loved one would still be alive, then that person or entity can be liable in a civil suit.
Some common defendants in a wrongful death lawsuit include:
- the person who injured the deceased or caused the death;
- the owner of the property where the death occurred;
- entities responsible for the actions of the person who caused the death;
- company that made the defective product or condition that harmed the deceased; or
- a physician, hospital or pharmacist who made an error leading to the harm to the deceased.