If you have recently suffered the loss of a loved one, you may be overwhelmed by your grief. When you learn that another party is responsible for causing your loved one’s death, you may be anxious to hold them accountable. Your family may be entitled to compensation for your loss.
You can take steps to bring the at-fault party to justice. You don’t have to do this alone. Having a Port St. Lucie wrongful death lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers on your side can give you more time to focus on your family.
How Surviving Family Is Compensated After a Wrongful Death in Port St. Lucie
The loss of a loved one can be emotionally draining. There are also many financial implications when you suddenly lose a loved one you were financially dependent on. When you pursue a wrongful death action, you have the opportunity to hold the liable party accountable and recover compensation for your damages.
Your surviving family members could receive compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Your loved one’s medical expenses related to their wrongful death accident
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of companionship and guidance provided by your loved one
- Lost income that the decedent would have provided to the family
Your Port St. Lucie personal injury lawyer is responsible for going over all of the ways your family’s lives have been affected by the loss of your loved one to accurately calculate the value of your case.
Find a Port St. Lucie Wrongful Death Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
What Our Port St. Lucie Wrongful Death Attorney Can Do To Help Your Family
If another party’s negligent action was the reason your loved one passed away, you may have grounds for legal action. Our Port St. Lucie team can handle all the legal aspects of your case so you do not have to. When you hire our attorney to manage your wrongful death case, they will:
- Explain who is eligible to file the wrongful death case
- Determine which surviving family members can benefit from the compensation you pursue
- Gather evidence to prove the liable party should be brought to justice
- Represent you in court, if necessary
- File your lawsuit on time
- Investigate your case
- Speak to any other parties involved in your case, including witnesses and the at-fault party
You can trust our firm to take on your wrongful death case. Our team has decades of experience handling personal injury cases, including wrongful death cases like yours. When you hire us, you can work directly with our partners, Jason and Debi Chalik.
Our Former Clients Leave Outstanding Reviews About Our Firm Serving Port St. Lucie
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we pride ourselves on offering personal representation. We will give your case the attention to detail it needs. Here’s what some of our clients say after working with our firm:
- “I really can’t say enough great things about this firm. Honest, ethical and great communicators. Dell, made me feel like family and answered all my questions numerous times. The experience that Jason and his team have is quite obvious…Very happy client!!” – Charles Palminteri
- “The absolute best hands down attorney I have ever had anything to do with ! Mr. Jason Chalik has now saved me from hard times 3 times during this year…He has been absolutely amazing. This law firm is most definitely who you want on your side when going through an injury case. I give you guys 1 million stars !!! Thank you so much for all your work and dedication on my case ! I’ll be leaving a review in every possible review site known to mankind! Thanks so much !!!!!” – Austin Ingram
Chalik & Chalik Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
What Does it Cost To Hire Our Wrongful Death Lawyer in Port St. Lucie?
Our wrongful death lawyers work with surviving family members on a contingency-fee basis. We understand that your family may be facing financial strain after losing a loved one you relied on. You’ll pay us nothing upfront when you hire our attorneys.
There are no out-of-pocket expenses you will be expected to pay. Until your case is won or settled, we do not ask you for any payment. When we win or settle your case, the money we receive will be taken from your final settlement. Plus, our firm offers free consultations. This allows you a risk-free way to find out more about your case.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Wrongful Death Lawyer today
How the Wrongful Death Statute of Limitations Applies to Your Port St. Lucie Case
If you are thinking about filing a lawsuit to recover damages in your wrongful death case, you should be aware of the state’s filing deadlines. The statute of limitations for wrongful death cases, Florida Statutes § 95.11, typically gives you two years to file a lawsuit. In some cases, certain exceptions could change the amount of time you have to file.
Our wrongful death attorneys are here to ensure your lawsuit is filed before you run out of time. It is important to get your wrongful death action started before time runs out, or you could risk losing your opportunity to hold the liable party accountable.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Port St. Lucie, call (855) 529-0269
Only Certain Parties May File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
According to Florida Statutes § 768.20, only the decedent’s personal representative can file a wrongful death lawsuit. Certain family members who were dependent on the decedent can benefit from the compensation you receive after your case is settled.
The personal representative is responsible for taking action on behalf of your surviving family members. Sometimes, the personal representative is outlined in your loved one’s will. If they did not have a final will, our team can help you determine who is able to file the wrongful death case.
Contact Our Port St. Lucie Wrongful Death Team for a Free a Consultation Today
Your family can bring the liable party to justice through a wrongful death case. Our firm is prepared to help you take action and seek financial recovery.
Do not hesitate to contact a Port St. Lucie wrongful death lawyer at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers for a no-cost, risk-free consultation. You can reach out to us today to get started.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269