Tow trucks are large, powerful vehicles that weigh substantially more than the typical passenger car. When a tow truck does collide with a smaller passenger vehicle, the resulting injuries and property damage can be extensive.
If you or a loved one was in an accident involving a tow truck, we can pair you with a tow truck accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL, who can protect your right to pursue compensation for your injuries, losses, and other expenses. Call our team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (954) 476-1000 for a free consultation.
Tow Truck Collision Victims Have Legal Options
Accidents involving tow trucks often result in significant harm to their victims. This can lead to mounting medical bills, extended time away from work, and prolonged rehabilitation during recovery.
You do not have to take on the burden of a legal battle on top of everything else during these difficult times. A tow truck accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale can help you seek compensation for your damages, leaving you with more time to spend with your family and to focus on your recovery.
Know Florida’s Statute of Limitations for Automotive Collisions
Florida law sets a time limit on your ability to bring legal action against a liable party. This limit is called the statute of limitations, and it varies by case type. For personal injury resulting from a tow truck collision, victims generally have four years from the date of the accident to file their case.
In instances that involve the wrongful death of a loved one, the legal window is typically even smaller. Wrongful death claims must generally be filed within two years of the date of the accident. But there are exceptions to these statutes, as well as pressing filing requirements like the 10-day window to file an official accident report.
A tow truck accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale can guide you through the specifics of your case and assist you with filing any documents necessary for you to pursue financial damages. The sooner you contact counsel, the faster we can get started on your case.
Fort Lauderdale Tow Truck Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
What We Will Do for You
Our attorneys pride ourselves on honesty, personal representation, and will handle your case from start to finish. We will visit you in your hospital room if needed, and from there, we will take over the legal steps required to pursue damages. These may include:
- Collecting and organizing your health records, bills, and receipts as proof of damages to be compensated
- Speaking in-depth with your caregiver to understand the full extent of your injuries, both in terms of your current condition or in terms of your future needs
- Speaking with mental health professionals to gauge the nature of your mental anguish and suffering
- Reviewing any photo, video, and eyewitness account as evidence that the accident was the fault of the liable party
- Filing an accident claim with the liable party’s insurer
- Filing your case through the proper legal channels
- Remaining by your side as a legal and personal counselor throughout the entirety of the legal process, from our first visit until we reach a settlement or judgment
We have tried these cases successfully before, and we are ready to take on your case. Call our team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (954) 476-1000 for a free consultation with a tow truck accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Determining Liability for Your Accident
In order to recover damages for your injuries, we will need to demonstrate that another party or parties acted with negligence and caused the accident to occur. Our team will gather the evidence we need to show:
- The tow truck driver, tow truck owner, or another party owed you a duty of care, such as the responsibility all drivers have to obey traffic laws or that the tow truck company has to maintain the safety of the vehicles in their fleet.
- One or more parties breached their duty of care, such as by neglecting to replace recalled parts on the vehicle, exceeding the speed limit, or driving while impaired by drugs, alcohol, or fatigue.
- The negligent party’s breach of duty caused your accident.
- The accident resulted in damages.
A tow truck accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL, can help you build a strong case that demonstrates the liability of those responsible and protects your right to seek compensation for your injuries.
Damages to Which You May Be Entitled
Every case is different, but some examples of damages you may be awarded if you or a loved one were involved in a tow truck accident include the cost of:
- Emergency transport
- ER visits
- Ongoing physical rehabilitation
- Doctor’s visits
- Prolonged stays in the hospital
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
Your no-fault insurance policy will only cover basic expenses, some of which are included above. But most policies put a dollar-amount cap on how much of those expenses you can recover, and a no-fault policy does not usually cover:
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and/or scarring
- Long-term physical pain and debilitation
Wrongful Death Claims
Additional compensation is available for families who lost a loved one through the negligence of another. In wrongful death cases, loved ones may be entitled to damages covering:
- Funeral and burial costs
- The cost of lost support and companionship (spouse)
- The cost of lost guidance and companionship (child)
- Lost wages of a loved one
Call Now for Support
If you or a loved one were injured in a tow truck accident, we can help. Call our team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (954) 476-1000 for a free consultation. We will handle your case with empathy and honesty. We do not get paid unless and until you do.