Deadly vehicle defects can cause accidents and increase the severity of injuries suffered in accidents. If you sustained injuries and believe a deadly defect played a role, reach out to Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today. We will review your case for free and help you understand your options for pursuing compensation. You may be eligible to hold the vehicle designer, manufacturer, or another party liable.
Call an injury lawyer for accidents caused by deadly defective vehicles in Fort Lauderdale, FL at (954) 476-1000 today to schedule a time for your initial consultation with one of our attorneys. We can generally meet with potential clients for a free case evaluation within 24 hours of their call.
Types of Deadly Vehicle Defects in Fort Lauderdale
Because of the inherent dangers of vehicles and the speeds they travel, many types of defects can pose extreme dangers to you or your family members. While a defect to the air conditioning, for example, might only make you uncomfortable, problems with other systems or parts are much more dangerous.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, examples of safety-related defects that occur in vehicles include:
- Weak steering components that can break without warning and cause you to lose control of your car
- Weak or defective fuel system components that can leak and cause fires following an accident
- Defective accelerator parts that cause the pedal or controls to stick
- Wheels that crack or break and cause an accident
- Problematic engine cooling fan blades that cause injury to mechanics and other individuals working on the vehicle
- Defective windshield wiper assemblies that may cause an accident if the driver cannot see in the rain
- Seats that fail while driving or in an accident, injuring the person in the seat or the passenger riding behind them
- Wiring failures that cause fires, loss of headlights or taillights, or cause accidents because of loss of control of the vehicle
- Airbag deployments that occur at the wrong time or cause preventable injuries because of a defect
- Problems with other critical parts that lead to accidents or injuries
Another type of defect that you may hear about—and one that may cause deadly accidents—is defective tires. Your tires are the only part of your vehicle that touches the road, and when one suddenly fails, the results can be catastrophic.
Let an injury lawyer for accidents caused by deadly defective vehicles in Fort Lauderdale, FL on our team take a look at the facts of your case and determine if a defective vehicle or component played a role in your accident or injuries. We can build a case against the manufacturer or other liable party and pursue compensation on your behalf.
Fort Lauderdale Deadly Defective Vehicles Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Work with a Partner From Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers on Your Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Case
Our clients always work with one of our partners directly. From the initial consultation through settlement or trial, either Jason or Debi Chalik, founding partners of Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, will handle your case. When you schedule an appointment for a case review, you can feel confident that you will speak with one of our partners, not a firm associate.
Since 1995, our team has taken this unique approach to Fort Lauderdale car accident cases. We focus on providing honest, transparent communication with our clients and fighting for their best interests. We can answer your questions and offer regular updates about your case while taking on a vehicle or parts manufacturer on your behalf.
Call (954) 476-1000 today and talk to one of our injury lawyers for accidents caused by deadly defective vehicles in Fort Lauderdale, FL about your case within 24 hours. We handle these cases on a contingency fee basis, so you owe us nothing until we recover compensation on your behalf.
Recoverable Damages in a Florida Deadly Defective Vehicle Case
If we can prove that a deadly defect caused your car accident or injury, or if you can join a mass tort related to the defect, you may be eligible to recover a wide range of damages. As a part of handling your case, we will work to document your expenses and losses and use this evidence to negotiate a fair settlement with the liable parties or present to the judge and jury in court.
Common damages available in a defective vehicle case may include:
- Medical bills and related care costs
- Future medical needs related to the accident or injuries
- Ongoing care costs for catastrophic injuries
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity if you cannot return to your previous job
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident, your injuries, or treatment
- Repair or replacement of your damaged vehicle
- Pain and suffering and other noneconomic damages
If your loved one passed away because of injuries sustained in this type of accident, your family may be eligible to pursue wrongful death damages from the vehicle or parts manufacturer. Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers now at (954) 476-1000 to learn more about how working with an injury lawyer for accidents caused by deadly defective vehicles in Fort Lauderdale, FL can help.
Florida Limits How Long You Have to File a Lawsuit in a Defective Vehicle Case
Under the statute of limitations imposed by FL § 95.11, you generally only have a limited time to take legal action against the manufacturer of a defective vehicle or another liable party. Because these cases are complex and the investigation into your accident may be difficult, it is imperative we get started as soon as possible.
Reach out to our team after your Fort Lauderdale car accident, and we can help you understand what caused your accident and who might be liable. If we find evidence of a defective vehicle or component, we will pursue a case for compensation that holds the manufacturer or another party responsible for their negligence.
Talk to an Injury Attorney for Accidents Caused by Deadly Defective Vehicles in Fort Lauderdale
If you or a member of your family sustained injuries in an accident and you believe a parts failure or other vehicle defect played a role, one of the partners from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers will evaluate your case for free. We know how to identify the liable parties and prove a defective vehicle case. Let us discuss your case and put a plan in place to pursue compensation for your related expenses and losses.
Call (954) 476-1000 now to get started. We have someone available to take your call 24/7.