Florida Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Unfortunately, Uber and Lyft accidents occur quite frequently. However, this does not make them any less complicated. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an accident, a Florida Uber & Lyft accident lawyer can help you determine your options and recover compensation for your injuries, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Parties Who Might Be Responsible for Your Injuries
As with a typical car accident, several parties could be liable for your injuries. They might include:
- The rideshare driver
- Another driver of a car, truck, or motorcycle
- A pedestrian
- A bicyclist
We will investigate your accident to determine exactly who might be liable for your injuries.
Negligent Actions That Can Cause an Uber or Lyft Accident
Any action that causes a driver to behave in a way that endangers other road users constitutes negligence. Negligent actions we often see in our cases include:
- Distracted driving
- Intoxicated driving
- Fatigued driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Failure to obey laws
- Reckless driving (e.g., speeding, weaving, etc.)
We Handle Car Accident Cases for All Victims
We can handle your case regardless of whether you were:=
- An Uber or Lyft passenger
- An Uber or Lyft driver
- The driver of another vehicle
- A passenger in another vehicle
- A pedestrian
- A cyclist
Potential Sources of Compensation After a Florida Rideshare Accident
To recover compensation for your injuries, you must file a claim against the liable party(s). The process you must follow depends on who caused your accident. Consider the following:
Another Driver Caused Your Accident
In this case, you would file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer like with a typical car accident. If a third-party driver and the rideshare driver both contributed to the accident, you can recover compensation from both parties.
An Uber or Lyft Driver Caused the Accident
If you were the passenger in a rideshare vehicle, the driver of another vehicle, or a passenger in another vehicle when a rideshare driver caused an accident, you may need to file a claim with the driver’s personal insurance or with the rideshare company’s policy, depending on the circumstances of the accident.
- If the driver was not “on the app” (i.e., was driving for personal reasons) when they caused the accident, you would file a claim with their personal auto insurance policy.
- If the driver was logged into the app but had not matched with a rider/did not have a passenger in the vehicle when they caused the accident, you would likely also file with their auto insurance. Both Lyft and Uber have contingent policies that will pay if the driver’s personal policy refuses to pay.
- If the driver had matched with a rider or had a passenger in the vehicle when they caused the accident, you would file a claim with Uber or Lyft’s insurance policy. Both companies provide a $1 million policy for accidents their drivers cause. You would split this policy with all parties injured in the accident.
It can be difficult to determine the party from whom you recover compensation. But that is not something you need to worry about. A Florida uber & lyft accident lawyer will investigate your accident and determine all potentially liable parties. Get started today with a free consultation: 855-529-0269.
Recoverable Compensation in an Uber or Lyft Accident Claim
The compensation you can recover in an Uber or Lyft accident claim is similar to that which is available through a typical car accident claim. You can recover:
- Medical bills (current and future)
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Loss of benefits, pension, 401(k) contributions, etc.
- Cost of required household services
- Miscellaneous expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If your loved one passed away from injuries sustained in a rideshare accident, you may qualify to recover compensation through a wrongful death action. A Florida wrongful death attorney can help. Call 855-529-0269 to discuss your case with a member of our team.
Let a Florida Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer Help with Your Case
You should not be left paying for your injuries if another party caused them. A Florida uber & lyft accident lawyer is ready to help you with your case. When we work on your case, we:
- Investigate your accident to determine the liable party(s)
- Manage communication with all involved parties (e.g., the other party, the rideshare company, the insurance company(s)
- Gathering evidence for your case
- Building a robust case to prove the other party’s fault
- Filing a demand with the insurance company
- Negotiating with the insurer for a fair settlement
- Filing a lawsuit and representing you in court if the insurer refuses to offer you a fair settlement
We handle cases all over Florida with offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Plantation, Orlando, Sarasota, Miami, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Pembroke Pines, Jacksonville, and Vero Beach.
Call us today to get started with your case: 855-529-0269. The consultation is free, and we never receive attorney’s fees unless and until you recover compensation.