Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers are Uber & Lyft accident lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL. You may be eligible to recover compensation after a car accident using Uber and/or Lyft’s rideshare services.
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers represent drivers, passengers, motorists, or pedestrians injured in an Uber or Lyft accident. If you were involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, you might be eligible for compensation. It is possible that you can recover compensation for medical bills, property damage, and other expenses. You deserve to know your legal options. Our West Palm Beach Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyers can help.
How You Benefit from Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers
Uber and Lyft drivers are considered independent contractors, not company employees. This makes assigning fault more complicated. Also, Florida is a no-fault accident state. Your personal insurance coverage is usually the first source of potential compensation. However, “no-fault” in this context refers to insurance coverage. It does not absolve accountability for someone’s negligence. An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in West Palm Beach will explain your potential compensation options.
Let Us Speak to the Insurance Adjuster for You
There are a few reasons why Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers recommend to our clients that we speak on their behalf to insurance adjusters. The most important reason is that you could be recuperating from injuries at home or in the hospital. The other reasons why you should let an Uber and Lyft accident lawyer from our firm speak for you include:
- We are skilled negotiators who have successfully recovered compensation for our clients since.1995.
- We understand Florida’s unique liability and insurance statutes.
- We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
- We do not charge attorney fees unless and until we recover compensation for you.
If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft car accident, our legal team can handle your case from start to finish.
Find a West Palm Beach Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (561) 899-5020
Our Lawyers Serving West Palm Beach are Dedicated to Your Financial Recovery
Our responsibilities as your legal counsel in West Palm Beach, Florida, are varied. We handle all areas of your Uber or Lyft accident case, from paperwork to negotiations. You deserve to focus on your physical and mental recovery. Leave the financial recovery to us. Our duties include:
- Investigating your rideshare accident
- Obtaining police reports and other records/evidence
- Determining liability
- Calculating your losses
- Communicating with the other parties linked to your case
- Taking care of administrative paperwork
- Filing your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Representing you in negotiations and in court
- Providing updates on your case
Chalik & Chalik Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer Near Me (561) 899-5020
Three Decades of Securing Victories for Car Accident Victims in Florida
Our legal team has been collecting due compensation for personal injury victims for nearly three decades. Our victories have reached into the multi-million dollar realm in many cases. We want to help people recover their medical expenses, pay for essential supplies and services, or simply take care of themselves and their families. A few of our case results are shared below:
- $3 million court verdict for a client injured in a car accident involving defective tires
- $1 million settlement for a client who was struck by a rideshare driver
- $275,000 settlement for an auto accident client who suffered a shoulder injury
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer today
Personal Rideshare Operators With Passengers Must Carry $1 Million in Coverage
Florida law requires personal ride-sharing drivers to carry insurance for when they are logged on to their application and when they are transporting passengers. Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare drivers must have a $1 million liability insurance policy when they have passengers.
Personal Ride-share Operators Logged on to App but Without Passengers Must Carry:
- $100,000 insurance for bodily injury or death
- $25,000 for property damage
Personal Rideshare Operators Not Logged on to App
Rider-share drivers who are not logged on to the app are considered off duty. Since they are not legally considered to be working for the TNC at the time, the TNC is not required to provide coverage for that period. Drivers must maintain their own personal, commercial, or rideshare insurance.
How We Determine Liability in an Uber or Lyft Accident
Accidents might be unintentional, but usually, someone is responsible. Uber and Lyft drivers must supply safe transportation for passengers who hire them. If we show the driver or another party is liable, you might be eligible for compensation for damages. As Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in West Palm Beach, we have a process to find who is at fault:
- Duty of care requires that drivers follow the rules of the road and responsibly conduct themselves.
- Negligence occurs when drivers do not obey traffic laws and act in an unsafe manner.
- Causation occurs when this negligent behavior causes injury to others.
- Damages are the physical, mental, and financial result of these injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving West Palm Beach, call (561) 899-5020
Who Can Be Held Liable in My West Palm Beach Uber or Lyft Accident?
Rideshare accidents are likely to have more than one liable party simply because they involve independent contract work. The contractor (driver) and the rideshare company are not always acting as one entity, similar to how things work with truck accidents. There may be two liable parties based on that alone.
Additionally, the accident may not be the Uber or Lyft rideshare driver’s fault. A third party may be responsible. Third parties are not limited to drivers of other vehicles alone. It’s easy to see how determining liability can quickly become complicated.
A West Palm Beach rideshare accident attorney at our firm can help sort out liable parties. They will work hard to determine those responsible and hold every one of them accountable.
Possible liable parties in a rideshare accident could be:
- The Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare driver
- The rideshare company
- A driver in a third-party vehicle
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Auto repair shops
Florida Law Has Specific Regulations for Uber and Lyft Drivers
A lawyer from our firm will also check to see if the rideshare driver followed Florida law. As part of a transportation network company (TNC), all personal ridesharing services in the state must provide:
- Background checks on all drivers
- Operations audits to state agencies every two years
- Information on digital networks to local and state enforcement agencies
We will review police reports, witness statements, and other information about your accident. It is crucial that you give us your account of the accident. Please keep all receipts, bills, or pay stubs as financial damages.
Recoverable Compensation Can Help Make You Whole
As Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in West Palm Beach, we pursue available compensation for injured clients. You have the right to seek compensation even if criminal charges were filed against the liable party. An attorney from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers will evaluate your case to determine if you are eligible to pursue compensation.
We Have Recovered Millions of Dollars for Clients
Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. This gave them the resources to pay medical bills and other expenses. While we cannot guarantee your compensation, we promise that we will work hard for the best possible outcome. We will seek available compensation for accident-related expenses, such as:
- Medical costs, including ambulance, emergency department, doctors’ visits, hospitalization, medical tests, prescriptions, and therapy if applicable.
- Lost wages for days missed due to the accident.
- Property damage, including vehicles, bicycles, cell phones, and personal items.
- Pain and suffering, which can include depression, anxiety, and other psychological damages from the accident.
We Represent Drivers, Motorists, Passengers, and Pedestrians Injured in Ride-share Accidents
The first action for anyone injured in an Uber or Lyft accident is to get medical care. You should see a medical professional as soon as possible after the accident. Undiagnosed health issues can affect your physical, mental, and financial well-being for years. In a personal injury claim, documenting these injuries is paramount to the success of your case. Seeing a doctor or other qualified professional will ensure there is valid proof of the harm you suffered.
Our Family Fighting for Your Family
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers was founded in 2003 by husband and wife Jason and Debi Chalik. Their Florida law firm’s slogan is “our family fighting for your family.” In addition to Uber and Lyft accidents, our other personal injury practice areas include:
- Birth injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Tire failures
- Defective drugs
- Car, motorcycle, and truck accidents
- Workplace injuries
Call us for a free case evaluation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (561) 899-5020