Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers loves a good challenge. Whether you need help filing a claim or negotiating a settlement, we’re ready to serve you. Our West Palm Beach truck accident lawyers advocate for injured claimants in South Florida.
We’ve secured multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts since 1995. We’re ready to champion your rights and resolve your case.
The Statutory Deadline for Truck Accidents in Florida
Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) notes you generally have four years to file a truck accident lawsuit. This deadline is critical. Failing to file your case within this period forfeits your right to damages. While Florida Statutes § 95.051 lists some exceptions, we advise against making any assumptions.
Furthermore, some other reasons to act in a timely manner include:
- You want to preserve key forms of evidence, like traffic camera footage.
- The sooner you act, the less reason the insurer has to question your case.
- Your insurer likely has a shorter deadline in which to file your claim.
We pride ourselves on prompt legal action. We set your case in motion the moment you partner with us.
Find a West Palm Beach Truck Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (561) 899-5020
Compensable Losses After a Truck Accident in West Palm Beach, FL
You can recover these damages through legal action:
- Medically-related expenses, both currently and in the future
- Lost wages, both currently and in the future
- Property damage expenses
- The cost of hiring someone to do household jobs
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
We may seek other losses than those listed here.
Chalik & Chalik Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (561) 899-5020
How a West Palm Beach Truck Accident Lawyer from Our Team Can Help
You can expect Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to:
- Evaluate your case and determine who may be liable for your injuries
- Comply with the statute of limitations
- Calculate your past, present, and future injury-related expenses
- Investigate the before, during, and after of your collision
- Communicate with all involved parties
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement
- Litigate your truck accident case
We Can Determine the Cause of Your Accident
We will evaluate the following evidence to prove why your accident happened:
- The other driver’s cellphone or dispatch records
- The trucker’s driving logs
- Black box data
- Traffic camera or dashcam footage
- The police report from West Palm Beach
- Witness testimony
- Statements from accident reconstruction specialists
Learning your accident’s cause helps us establish fault and liability.
We Can File Your Insurance Claim
All motorists must have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. This coverage pays for your medical bills, a portion of your lost wages, and other damages. In Florida, you generally start a claim by filing with your own insurer.
However, this is easier said than done; even though it’s your insurer, it may still deny or derail your claim.
To advance your insurance claim, we can:
- Notify the liable insurer
- Review the liable policy
- Calculate your losses
- Negotiate a settlement
- File your case’s paperwork and supporting documents
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers resolves most cases through insurance claims. This happened in one truck accident case where we secured a $325,000 settlement. Here, we presented a strong claim and secured what our client needed.
We Can File Your Lawsuit
We may file a lawsuit against the party that caused your accident. This party could include a trucker, their employer, the truck’s mechanic, or another entity. We can submit your lawsuit, abide by all filing deadlines, and argue for what you deserve.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Truck Accidents Lawyer today
Considerations That Could Help Your Truck Accident Case in Palm Beach County
While most cases settle out of court, insurers do everything possible to avoid paying claims. We want to prevent any unjust delays or complications. While our lawyers build and manage your case, we recommend:
Avoiding Social Media
Insurance adjusters are experts at finding fault with claims. They may visit your social media profiles and look for evidence to discredit you. Even if your privacy settings are airtight, we advise against:
- Uploading pictures
- Sharing or making posts
- Messaging the involved parties
- Accepting requests from unfamiliar people
Speaking with Our Team Before Accepting a Settlement
Our team can advise you on any fair settlement offers. Once you accept an offer, your case ends. You cannot request more money, even if your condition worsens.
Seeking Medical Treatment
We hope that, by now, you’ve sought medical care. If not, you should immediately. Keep records of your doctors’ appointments, care providers’ names, and treatment recommendations. You should also follow your doctor’s orders. After all, you don’t want the insurer to claim that you made your injuries worse.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving West Palm Beach, call (561) 899-5020
We’re Here to Answer All of Your Questions
During our partnership, you can call us at any time with your questions and concerns. Our co-founder, Attorney Debi Chalik, gives clients her cellphone number, adding another layer of accessibility. Right now, we can answer these queries:
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Our Truck Accident Team?
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers works on a contingency-fee basis, meaning:
- You pay nothing up front.
- We finance your case’s consulting and filing fees.
- You owe nothing until your case ends.
- Our attorney’s fees come from your settlement’s proceeds.
You will know everything about our payment arrangement when you partner with us.
What Outcomes Have We Secured for Previous Clients?
Some of our previous case results include:
- A $5 million settlement for a collision caused by a defective tire
- A $1 million settlement for a wrongful death case
- A $1 million settlement for a motor vehicle accident
- A $ 1 million settlement for our client injured by a rideshare driver
What’s My Injury Case Worth?
The value of your truck accident case depends on your injuries, prognosis, and financial losses. Our calculations will also consider:
- Your age
- Your mental health
- Your missed time from work and earning ability
- Your relationships with your friends and family members
- Your own personal testimony
- Your projected losses
There is no average settlement value for truck accident cases in Florida. Your case’s value depends on your situation.
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to Begin Your Free Case Review
Our family-centered firm is ready to champion your legal rights. We won’t pass off your case to an assistant or intern; you’ll work directly with our founding partners. We’re ready to give your case the compassion and attention it deserves.
To explore partnering with our firm, dial (561) 899-5020.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (561) 899-5020